The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

John is wanting a smart phone which means i will need to learn how and about them, not him. 

His idea is we is me.. 

I dont understand the differences between talking and data.

Old eyes need large icons ..

My cell is an old LG flip from tracfone i am happy with. 

Can any 'splane' to me in English not 'Geek'  what i am even talking about? 

• Like 1

Simply put talking means you are using your minutes.  Though, most, if not all, plans now-a-days include unlimited minutes.  Data has to do with actually connecting your phone to the internet through the cell phone network.  Each provider allows a certain amount of High Speed data, then once you use that up, which generally starts at 1 gig, your provider will reduce the speed you are able to connect to the internet (called throttling).

There are some providers that offer unlimited data, but it is not truly limited.  They just give you enough high speed data where most users will not use it up, but if you go over the set limit (mostly over 20 gigs), they will throttle the speed again.

• Like 2

Also, as a matter of preference I like the current phone I have, which I picked up a couple months ago.  Samsung Galaxy S9.  I have had LG (G3, G4, V10, and V20) phones in the past, but they always put the power button on the back, instead of on the edge.

If he is looking for a phone that is great with taking pictures, the V30 is great.  Otherwise, he may like the S9.

As you may have surmised I have not mentioned anything by Apple.  Can't stand that company.  Even though I have an iPhone for work.

• Like 1

I had an old Pantech flip phone for a long time, part of the front cover broke off so I stuck some duct tape on it, I don't remember why I stoped using it.

But data is just used for the internet. Anytime you use the internet, you use data, the amount of data or information that you is decuced from how much data you have.

The best plan and service I found is the $35.00 monthly plan from at&t, I get unlimited data, talk, and text, the phone was basically free, it comes with the service contract.

• Like 1

Internal Memory up to 16 GB (device only)

What is this? as in how many photos .  I understand different sized photos would use more space just asking for a good guess. 😀

why 32 and not 16 ? 

• Like 1

Think of the phone like a hand held computer.  The memory is the amount of space you are able to use for storing pics, or apps (programs).  I believe my S9 came with 64 gigs of internal storage, but some phone also have a port where you can install a micro SD card, which will allow you store more stuff, if you want.

• Like 1

Another question :  Is texting data or talk? 

• Like 1

Just now, Knotical said:

Think of the phone like a hand held computer.  The memory is the amount of space you are able to use for storing pics, or apps (programs).  I believe my S9 came with 64 gigs of internal storage, but some phone also have a port where you can install a micro SD card, which will allow you store more stuff, if you want.

We wont use games or movies not even music. I wont do banking over wifi so i doubt i would use much? What do you think?

You woudl have a zillion photos with all those kids  . :classic_smile:☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

• Like 1

It is a separate thing, though that is also usually offered with an unlimited amount.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Becky said:

We wont use games or movies not even music. I wont do banking over wifi so i doubt i would use much? What do you think?

So, what would it be used for?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

John thinks he needs to be "up to date"  He missed a text from an old buddy and believes a smart phone is the answer.  He is the head of the house even if i disagree with him 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Becky said:

John thinks he needs to be "up to date"  He missed a text from an old buddy and believes a smart phone is the answer.  He is the head of the house even if i disagree with him 

Well, depending on the phone he has now, it may be easier to text using a smart phone.  That doesn't mean, however, that if he is using the same service that he will get his texts any better than before.

However, with a smart phone he is able to install an app that will allow him to check email as well.

• Like 1

His very old flip phone does not text. It is so old we cant find a charger for the car.. I am understanding what you are saying.

No need for us to pay for the larger amount of memory. We do not use our cell phones for general chit chat.. I think i want a good quality phone with limited trick stuff

• Like 1

SPEED 4G LTE/Wi-Fi®

USAGE TIME Talk time up to 25 Hrs

DISPLAY 5.0'' Screen Display

STORAGE Internal Memory up to 16 GB (device only)

CAMERA 5 MP Camera

DIMENSIONS 2.76'' x 5.55'' x 0.34'' inches

• Like 1

What kind of phone is it?

• Like 1

Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Innerfire89 said:

I had an old Pantech flip phone for a long time, part of the front cover broke off so I stuck some duct tape on it, I don't remember why I stoped using it.

But data is just used for the internet. Anytime you use the internet, you use data, the amount of data or information that you is decuced from how much data you have.

The best plan and service I found is the $35.00 monthly plan from at&t, I get unlimited data, talk, and text, the phone was basically free, it comes with the service contract.

I will use this info to balance what i can find against it. Thanks 

• Like 2