The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
lexa

Convinced I committed the unpardonable sin

Hello, I just joined today so it’s nice to meet everyone.

I have been so worried about committing the unpardonable sin today, and it’s very saddening because I was just becoming very content in my walk with Christ because i had been struggling with salvation doubt which I had finally got over.

I was reading where the Pharisees was accusing Jesus of, you know, I don’t really want to write it down. I have struggled with blasphemous thoughts before, but not like this.

Today I’ve been having thoughts that I agree with what the pharisees said, but I know I don’t mean them but I’m scared I did. I was also having thoughts that were tempting God. I’m very scared I’m doomed for eternity. I asked the Lord to forgive me for these thoughts, but I’m still worried. I couldn’t stop thinking about it, and then we went to a revival and there was a very dear man of God that in my head I attributed his works to you know who.

Im so scared and feel so alone. 

Thanks for any replies.

Lexa, you should see the pastor of your church or counseling from a close Christian friend (another female).  What you've described is rather odd.  The Pharisees accused Jesus of driving out demons by the power of Devil.  That's attributing the work of the Holy Spirit to Satan.  You can't be serious that you actually agree with this.  But if knowing what the Pharisees were claiming you found yourself thinking in agreement but not meaning it, I would attribute that as an attack of the Evil One.  I have thoughts that are bothersome and I simply take them captive to Christ.  I ignore them.  I won't give the devil a foothold.  

Martin Luther struggled with guilt over his sins and it tormented him.  When he finally discovered for himself that we are justified by faith alone and not works, he described the experience as being "born again."  

Satan would love nothing more than to see you keep a distance from Christ.  Don't let him.  Pray - a lot.  There is great power in prayer.  God cares for you and wants what's best.  Your sins are not greater than the forgiveness of God.  Where sin abounds, grace abound more.  So focus on the truth of God's word and take those thoughts captive.  2 Corinthians 10:5  https://www.desiringgod.org/interviews/how-do-i-take-my-thoughts-captive

• Like 6

Those Pharisees knew that Jesus works were of The Holy Spirit, but still attributed them to Satan.

Doubting some guy at a revival is not the same as saying the works of the Holy Spirit are from the devil. Scripture warns us that there will be false miracle workers, if questioning what someone calls The Holy Spirit was blasphemy, then there would be no way to discern false teachers and prophets.

I've heard quite a few false teachers preach that if anyone denies that they work by the power of the Holy Spirit then they're eternally condemned, it's cult like.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Innerfire89 said:

I've heard quite a few false teachers preach that if anyone denies that they work by the power of the Holy Spirit then they're eternally condemned, it's cult like.

It has become a cliché. 

To lexa,

The unpardonable sin is only committed by people who refute firstly that there is any such thing as sin, secondly that any repentance of anything is necessary, and thirdly that there is any means by which forgiveness is obtainable.

Obviously if they go through life denying the existence of sin they have no intention of seeking pardon for it, and are therefore unpardonable.

You don't seem to be in that category. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Innerfire89 said:

Those Pharisees knew that Jesus works were of The Holy Spirit, but still attributed them to Satan.

Mark 3:29-30

(29) but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin”—
(30) because they were saying, “He has an unclean spirit.” (NASB)

I think another way to look at it is that all the unsaved (non-Christians) who reject the Lord Jesus have committed the eternal sin in that they refused to accept His forgiveness (thus they treat Him and His atoning work as "unclean" - Hebrews 10:29).

• Like 4

I noticed lexa this is your first post. So welcome to Christforums. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. I wouldn't worry about not being forgiven. 

Isa. 1:18  "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

None of us has sinned so much God won't forgive us.

3af3cd437a6c52529c5592cb91602ee8.gif

• Like 2

Thank you all so much for your replies and encouragement. But you’ll never believe what happened last night! I received the Baptism of the Hoky Spirit! I think what I was a spiritual attack, and all of your words really encouragemed me. God bless!

• Like 1