The Protestant Community

Are you Protestant? Or, are you sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. Register in less than a minute, it is simple, fast, and free! We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums is:

.... an orthodox Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another forum.

Enjoy your fellowship

In order to understand the importance of Christian fellowship, we must first understand what Christian fellowship is and what it isn’t. The Greek words translated “fellowship” in the New Testament mean essentially a partnership to the mutual benefit of those involved. Christian fellowship, then, is the mutually beneficial relationship between Christians, who can’t have the identical relationship with those outside the faith. Those who believe the gospel are united in the Spirit through Christ to the Father, and that unity is the basis of fellowship. This relationship is described by Jesus in His high-priestly prayer for His followers in John 17:23. The importance of true Christian fellowship is that it reinforces Christ centeredness in our mind and helps us to focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us. As iron sharpens iron, in true Christian fellowship Christians sharpen one another's faith and stir one another to exercise that faith in love and good works, all to God’s glory.

How do you imagine Noah and his family functioned living in the ark?

For instance, how did they get rid of animal waste? What did carnivorous animals eat? How did they get water, air and light into the ark?

I'll start with how I think life went on the ark for a year.

The animal waste could have been pushed into a compartment in the floor to rot or maybe down through a hole to a compartment in the bottom of the ark, the gases from the waste could have been vented out by just a hollow space in the walls leading out to the top or even hallowed out bamboo as pipes. History records ancient civilizations useing bamboo as pipes thousands of years ago, I'm sure Noah could have done the same.

Carnivorous animals could have eaten cured meats and/or other animals slaugtered on the ark. They may have eaten fish, or they didn't eat meat at all. Dogs are carnivores, yet dog food is mostly made of corn.

How to get water into the ark? Back to those hallowed out bamboo pipes as menioned earlier. Noah likely had a way to run rain water into througs or maybe siphon the flood water. I don't think the flood water would be salty like the ocean, even if the oceans were salty, the water would be diluted. But it's possible that the oceans weren't salty yet, the salt comes from rain washing salt from the earth into the oceans, and it seems from Scripture that the flood was the first rain. (See Gen. 2:5-6)

Air. We're only told of one window on the ark, that doesn't necessarily mean that there was only one window, but we can't assume to much otherwise. That one window on top of the ark would have been enough.

The warm temperature of the animals and the cool temperature of the ark would have caused air to pull in though that window, and there was quite a weather forecast for the next 40 days, there was probably some wind, plus the flood waters rose the ark up higher than the mountain tops, the higher up you go, the stronger the wind.

As far as light, it's possible there were lamps powered by the gas put off from animal waste or there was an open section though the middle of the three floors of the ark. But the ark was probably a little dark inside, which would be a good thing. Darkness would keep the animals quiet, eating less and burning less energy.

A few other things to consider is that Noah's ark wasn't like a zoo, this was an emergency situation for the animals. Animals in captivity don't do much of anything and it's usually hard to get them to eat at first. Most of the animals were probably young.

I will inject my unfounded opinion.

I propose God suspended what we consider the normal Laws of Science like He did in Duet.29:5 During the forty years I led you in the wilderness, neither your clothes nor the sandals on your feet wore out;

So, allegorically speaking, He stuck a cork in the animals mouths so they didn't have to eat  and  a cork in their butts so they didn't have to poop (or emit unpleasant odors); the lack of said by-product aiding Noah's comfort and suppressing his thoughts of abandoning ship.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fastfredy0 said:

I will inject my unfounded opinion.

I propose God suspended what we consider the normal Laws of Science like He did in Duet.29:5 During the forty years I led you in the wilderness, neither your clothes nor the sandals on your feet wore out;

So, allegorically speaking, He stuck a cork in the animals mouths so they didn't have to eat  and  a cork in their butts so they didn't have to poop (or emit unpleasant odors); the lack of said by-product aiding Noah's comfort and suppressing his thoughts of abandoning ship.

Well, I'm sure the ark would have never succeeded without the hand of God.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Innerfire89 said:

How do you imagine Noah and his family functioned living in the ark?

For instance, how did they get rid of animal waste? What did carnivorous animals eat? How did they get water, air and light into the ark?

I'll start with how I think life went on the ark for a year.

1.  There was, I believe, cross ventilation that helped tremendously.  Now to the Bible.  The Scriptures in Genesis 9 teach me that there were no Carnivores nor Omnivores but when the folks left the Ark, YHWH pronounced man would and could begin to eat flesh.  Reading Genesis 1-3 and 9 we learn that there was no death in the world before Adam followed Eve into Disobedience and Man was neither Carnivore nor Omnivore.  Then, all those animals, not nearly as many as unbelievers and false believers try to sell had to be there, did not try to devour one another, they ate the Dry Goods Adam had loaded and much the same as in the case of Elijah, the Widow and her son, the supply, through the miraculous power our Elohim, YHWH. (1 Kings 17: 7-16)

Now, remember, this is one old fossil writing and never forget, YHWH, our Elohim is Omnipotent, there is nothing to great for Him to do, nothing!  Poop?  Who sad they did?  This entire scenario is one miracle on top of another!  Without any attempt to be factious, Yashuah ha'Mashiah has not called us to attempt rationalization of what He has presented as fact, we are called to believe.

In the New Testament, Matthew 18:3, Yashuah said, "“Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."  I battled with Him for more than 23 years before submitting and luckily I was first seated under a Biblicist Baptist Pastor that stressed and taught me to Eat the Scriptures and internalize them that I might learn to live by the Word of YHWH and for the first two years I drove my new wife nuts reading the scriptures until one or two in the morning, learning to love my Elohim because He loved me.  And I was one nasty bugger!  But remember your dad when you were a child?  Mine was in the Air Forge and was smarter than any General, tougher than Fighter and he never spoke anything that was not the absolute truth.  That, child-like faith is what we must seek to grasp and this blessing can belong to each of us if we pray and believe in YHWH.

Praying YHWH and Yashuah will bless their Word to your heart that you might, always be a Mighty Man of God.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Taylor said:

The Scriptures in Genesis 9 teach me that there were no Carnivores nor Omnivores but when the folks left the Ark, YHWH pronounced man would and could begin to eat flesh.  Reading Genesis 1-3 and 9 we learn that there was no death in the world before Adam followed Eve into Disobedience and Man was neither Carnivore nor Omnivore.

Hello Bill, could you be more specific on the chapters and verses where you deduced all this?

5272.gif

3 hours ago, deade said:

Hello Bill, could you be more specific on the chapters and verses where you deduced all this?

5272.gif

I'm sorry Deade, in most cases I would comply but in this case it's just not that simple.  A couple or more here have read my teaching and I am a Grizzly Bear when it comes to context.  Actually, I prefer to read from Genesis 3:1 thru Gen. 9 because it is the only way it makes complete sense to me.  Anything less and a lot of the feel is lost.  For the Normal Reader (not me} that is less than an hour and fourty-five minutes, given to our Creator, seeking His blessing.

Another thing, please, I did not deduce, conclude nor interpret anything.  I know, honest I know, that statement offends a great number of people so let me explain before some reading this deduct I am a pompous butt hole.  I was instructed by a Teacher that called neither of the two main camps to be his own but rather, he taught me to be as he is, a Biblicist.

A Biblicist will tell you, with a sincere face, that there are zero conflicting verses in the Holy Word of God!  We stand, flat-footed on the Word of God and strive every minu8te to leave the Old behind and to remember we are New Men or Women, not easy at all but if one will surrender everything, even their most treasured possessions, such as children to Yashuah ha'Mashiah and seek, with all their heart, soul, body and person it is a thing all of us can do.

If it says it in the Bible, I believe it in spite of my Human Self screaming, "But it is in conflict with Chapter 38 and verse such and such.  Yashuah ha'Mashia created everything that is on this planet, everything seen from this planet, the Space these planets and moons are suspended by Him in and He wrote/inspired the entire sixty-six books in the Christian Version of the Bible today.  And I am not the teacher I was before the Agent Orange Poisoning got serious about killing my brain, as little as it is.

But when our Humanity finds what we call a conflict it might be that we need to enjoy reading the book as if is our favorite author's latest and greatest or/and go before the Father through the Holy Spirit for guidance on how the passages fold together.  He has done that to me and given me the wisdom I sought through Him by doing Bible Studies from the Nave's Topical ad numerous other sources of studies.  In the end, the scriptures do not disagree but most often are either two related but different subjects and my simple mind could not see the differences.

Then there is my single rule of Hermeneutics is critical.

There is no single verse, collection of verses nor passage of Scripture that can be fully understood without the light of all scripture shinning down on it/them.

Follow that with only a fool will attempt to interpret scripture save from one language to another and then, only under the hand of Ruah (the Holy Spirit.

You see, by raping Scripture, jerking it out of context, one week I can prove the Earth is flat and the next week, using the same Bible, absolutely prove the earth is a circle.  Can be located by googling earth, flat or circle +Bible.  I pray you do the study.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Innerfire89 said:

What did carnivorous animals eat?

The same thing they did in Danil's den? :RpS_lol:

• Haha 3

image.png.6b80cbc5afb7983c78aeabaf07257453.png

https://www.pinterest.nz/pin/556757572668896723/

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/2/2018 at 1:39 AM, Placable37 said:

image.png.6b80cbc5afb7983c78aeabaf07257453.png

https://www.pinterest.nz/pin/556757572668896723/

I once saw a cartoon like this except that the animals left behind were unicorns.

• Haha 1

Ever wonder where Chipmunks, bats, snakes and bears spend the winter?  Hint, it isn't Florida :classic_biggrin: they hibernate!  Several months before they go into hibernation they eat lots of food which will keep them alive for six or seven months.  Then when they find somewhere comfortable their body temperature decreases, their breathing slows, and their metabolic rate drops.  When spring comes they awake and come out of their resting place. If God does this for some animals today,  I have absolutely no problem believing He did this for all the animals in the ark for 12 months. All the problems of food, animal waste and smell are all gone.

Benji

• Like 3