The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

There's a crazy story floating around the internet, singer Beyonce bought an old church in New Orleans. There was already a Beyonce mass held in one church and some of her so called "Christian" fans have made something called the Beyonce Bible. 

Apostasy is crazy these days, it's barley surprising anymore, and you can't expect much of anything good to come from New Orleans, not tryin to throw dirt on anyone's home town, but that place wicked.

California Episcopal Church Holds 'Beyoncé Mass' Where Hundreds 'Worship' With Her Songs

A church in San Francisco, California is raising eyebrows with an unlikely event they are calling a "Beyoncé Mass."

With hundreds in attendance, Grace Cathedral Church says the event is a chance for people to find God through secular music. Others calling it "evil," saying they're trying to substitute Jesus with Beyoncé.

In the Facebook video, the congregation is seen leading worship to a set of Beyoncé songs, while the crowd dances, sings and raises their hands to the tunes.

"We have a community that is youthful and loving and looks to the world as a partner, not an enemy," Reverand Jude Harmon said speaking to the crowd.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Becky said:

California Episcopal Church Holds 'Beyoncé Mass' Where Hundreds 'Worship' With Her Songs

A church in San Francisco, California is raising eyebrows with an unlikely event they are calling a "Beyoncé Mass."

With hundreds in attendance, Grace Cathedral Church says the event is a chance for people to find God through secular music. Others calling it "evil," saying they're trying to substitute Jesus with Beyoncé.

In the Facebook video, the congregation is seen leading worship to a set of Beyoncé songs, while the crowd dances, sings and raises their hands to the tunes.

"We have a community that is youthful and loving and looks to the world as a partner, not an enemy," Reverand Jude Harmon said speaking to the crowd.

That's like thier statement of apostasy, "We have a community that is youthful and loving and looks to the world as a partner....

As a partner? A partner in wickedness? 

Shades of the now defunct First Church of Tiger Woods that once had this url:

http://www.tigerwoodsisgod.com/

And this blurb:

"This website is the official home of the "First Church of Tiger Woods" and is dedicated to examining the possibility that God is walking the earth as a 21st century, multi-ethnic, superstar golfer and whether that is any more or less likely than God coming in the form of a first-century, Jewish carpenter."

Before this announcement:

"Tiger is clearly no longer deserving of being seen as a role model or a hero and he has needlessly squandered his unique potential to be a positive force in our country and the world."

The so-called National Church of Bey established a website as far back as 2014. When our ekklesia got word of it we thought it was a spoof, or rip-off  to mock Christianity, as per this quote from its site, which also asks if whomever has accepted Beyonce as their Lord & Saviour and reminds them to read their Beyble:

"As our congregation continues to swell, we ask that you consider what is more real; an invisible spirit on high, or a walking, talking, breathing Goddess who shows you her true form daily. Beyonce’s spirit is entrancing. We know that she was sent to this place to spread love, peace, and joy. While we do not believe Beyonce to be the Creator, we recognize that she still sits among the throne of Gods. There is a lot of false information being spread about our beliefs, but we will correct all of the vicious lie-tellers.  As Beyonce spreads her gospel through song and dance, her message  provides uplifting, loving, and many times real-life happenings. We humbly ask you to respect our beliefs, just as you want those to respect yours. Open your mind to new possibilities and you will see, just as we did, that Bey is a true higher power. xxxxxxx!"

Truly our struggle is not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Eph 6:12)

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 9:01 PM, Innerfire89 said:

There's a crazy story floating around the internet, singer Beyonce bought an old church in New Orleans. There was already a Beyonce mass held in one church and some of her so called "Christian" fans have made something called the Beyonce Bible. 

Apostasy is crazy these days, it's barley surprising anymore, and you can't expect much of anything good to come from New Orleans, not tryin to throw dirt on anyone's home town, but that place wicked.

I love the Common People of the Swamp Lands.  They work hard, love hard and they make great soldiers.  But if a man or a woman have never spent a week or two in the French Quarter, they can have no idea how evil it is.

Any Christian man or woman that can stroll through the Quarter and not feel the Evil Spiriit's hate of them is in some form of trouble, eternally.  Before I was a Christian and I was still performing, I loved thed wsomen, the booze and the curses.  (I was evil and I beloj ged there with Fats and the rest of them.

If you worship YHWH daily, do not even consider NOLA.

• Like 1

About a year ago I passed through  New Orleans on my way to a Carnival Cruise my boss gave me as a gift. Although I was thankful to my boss for such an expensive gift, the whole experience was just terrible. Cruise ships are like a floating bar room for rich people.

• Like 2

They are truly "of the world" then eh?

• Like 1