Jump to content

The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Kingdom Citizen

No, He's Definitely Not The Anti-Christ

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I remember conjecture being put forth during the Primaries describing Trump as the potential anti-Christ. I might be wrong, but I am unaware of any president since Reagan who referred publicly more to God and the Bible/Christian influence than Trump does these days. Very pleasing.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD7kZ6l9iTU

Edited by Kingdom Citizen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is pleasing, I agree.  Now the office of the pope is another story.  That position is the office of anti-christ in my opinion.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I wouldn't call trump a Christian, I would say it is a blessing God put him in office.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2018 at 6:56 PM, Kingdom Citizen said:

I remember conjecture being put forth during the Primaries describing Trump as the potential anti-Christ. I might be wrong, but I am unaware of any president since Reagan who referred publicly more to God and the Bible/Christian influence than Trump does these days. Very pleasing.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD7kZ6l9iTU

One thing we must understand, to be the Antichrist one has to put themselves into position of speaking for Christ. No politician will fill that role. The Pope perfectly fills that role with his infallibility policy.

 

A conversation about nothing in particular - Page 681 - Christian Chat Rooms & Forums 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, deade said:

One thing we must understand, to be the Antichrist one has to put themselves into position of speaking for Christ. No politician will fill that role. The Pope perfectly fills that role with his infallibility policy.

 

A conversation about nothing in particular - Page 681 - Christian Chat Rooms & Forums 

Agreed.  The pope holds the office of anti-christ.

  • Best Answer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CDF47 said:

Agreed.  The pope holds the office of anti-christ.

My question is "How soon before a POTUS and a FLOTUS acknowledge a POPE as President Of Planet Earth?"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Placable37 said:

My question is "How soon before a POTUS and a FLOTUS acknowledge a POPE as President Of Planet Earth?"

That is a great question.  I am not sure when that will happen.  When the pope visited the US last time he stood in the Capital Building and gave a speech as if it was the United States State of the Union Address.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CDF47 said:

That is a great question.  I am not sure when that will happen.  When the pope visited the US last time he stood in the Capital Building and gave a speech as if it was the United States State of the Union Address.

I don't see the USA giving any power acknowledgement to the Catholic leader. We are still pretty much just at the toleration level when dealing with Catholics. The Pope exercises power here only through their monied operations which are vast.

 

No Problem NP Smiley Face, Emoticon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, deade said:

I don't see the USA giving any power acknowledgement to the Catholic leader. We are still pretty much just at the toleration level when dealing with Catholics. The Pope exercises power here only through their monied operations which are vast.

 

No Problem NP Smiley Face, Emoticon

And through their secret societies like the Jesuits, Knights of Malta, Opus Dei, Knights of Columbus,...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
Articles - News - Registration Terms