godsquadgeek

A thread to talk about the positive things trump has done

whether it's the economy or tax cuts, or peace with north korea and south korea....trump has done a lot in his presidency.  Some public officials are saying that Trump should get the nobel peace prize for being involved with korea peace talks.  but here is just another one of the many small things that go unnoticed in His presidency that the media won't often report on:

review.png

above story from below link:

https://brutalist.press/images/4887/president-trump-nominates-our-first-african-american-woman-to-serve

• Like 2

You might be on the wrong thread @kathydixon.........but then again a couple of the things you have listed can be seen as positive depending on which way you lean.

• Like 2

a thread to talk about the positive things trump has done

It does depend on one’s point of view. Some posters could find positive and negative sides to what I posted. At least my post begins the discussion. Now others can post the positive side.

Why don’t you start it off---

Nah, not much of a list maker myself; I will wait for the results to speak for themselves........

• Like 1

(1) The US economy:

Tax reform is working, the employment picture is robust, and job creators are feeling upbeat and optimistic.  These are real, tangible victories for the American people.

(2) A stunning foreign policy breakthrough has changed the game on the Korean peninsula. After years of predictable US "stability," which the regime in Pyongyang exploited, an unpredictable but attentive American president has shifted the calculus.

There's already non-frivolous chatter about a Nobel Peace Prize, of which Trump is arguably already more deserving than the basically-symbolic award foolishly bestowed upon his predecessor.  Speaking of Trump's predecessor and Team Smart Power, will this man ever tire of being embarrassingly wrong?

(3) And oh-by-the-way, the president is making good on a critical and lasting legacy promise that is quite possibly the primary reason he won the election, winning over enough dubious conservatives who were swayed by the significance of the federal judiciary:

And here's a list by Conservapedia.com:

God bless,

William

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, kathydixon said:

It does depend on one’s point of view. Some posters could find positive and negative sides to what I posted. At least my post begins the discussion. Now others can post the positive side.

well for one, being deemed mentally ill on SSI payments does not mean that they are deemed mentally unfit to hold or shoot a gun.  Mild depression is a mental illness and yet most of america experience some forms of depression.  I do agree that people who are schizophrenic in a way that means they see hallucinations and can't tell the difference between real and not real, should not own a gun.  But that is not what Trump overturned.   

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, kathydixon said:

I thought the op, began the discussion.  Not your post that was off topic.  But neverthe less here is a list:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/01/here-it-is-complete-list-of-president-trumps-miraculous-accomplishments-his-first-year-in-office/

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, godsquadgeek said:

I thought the op, began the discussion.  Not your post that was off topic.  But neverthe less here is a list:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/01/here-it-is-complete-list-of-president-trumps-miraculous-accomplishments-his-first-year-in-office/

amen - great thread

PT is an impressive person in so many ways

no one could have done everything he did while dealing with all the fake allegation nonsense that is thrown at him and his family friends and supporters

he's an amazing negotiator - a defender of christians - defenders of babies - defender of minorities - defender of women - defender of rule of law - defender of american citizens having jobs and buying homes - defender of american small businesses - defender of parents who want the best education for their children - and much more

i didn't have time to look up proofs for all this as those of us who follow the facts already know all this

• Like 1

3 hours ago, William said:

(1) The US economy:

Tax reform is working, the employment picture is robust, and job creators are feeling upbeat and optimistic.  These are real, tangible victories for the American people.

(2) A stunning foreign policy breakthrough has changed the game on the Korean peninsula. After years of predictable US "stability," which the regime in Pyongyang exploited, an unpredictable but attentive American president has shifted the calculus.

There's already non-frivolous chatter about a Nobel Peace Prize, of which Trump is arguably already more deserving than the basically-symbolic award foolishly bestowed upon his predecessor.  Speaking of Trump's predecessor and Team Smart Power, will this man ever tire of being embarrassingly wrong?

(3) And oh-by-the-way, the president is making good on a critical and lasting legacy promise that is quite possibly the primary reason he won the election, winning over enough dubious conservatives who were swayed by the significance of the federal judiciary:

God bless,

William

I love conservapedia, great site. way better than wiki based sources which are liberal as always. 

• Like 2

ISIS is on the run, the Korean War is nearly over and Trump is doing his level best to keep every campaign promise that he has made.

• Like 2

If anyone would like to talk about the ~negative~ things Trump has done, Kathy Dixon's reply from this thread has been made into a thread of its own here on the United States board. Go here if you'd like to see it and/or join in: 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, William said:

(1) The US economy:

God bless,

William

I thought there was a noticeable change in Kim right after his train trip to see Xi. Are we sure Xi didn't read him the riot act and that's why he is making nice.

8 hours ago, Bull of the Woods said:

I thought there was a noticeable change in Kim right after his train trip to see Xi. Are we sure Xi didn't read him the riot act and that's why he is making nice.

great point PT  has put a lot of pressure on xi and others to do everything they can to make kim conform - PT's world wide influence concerning santions is outstanding - he has a way of making bad actors behave even when they don't want to

30 minutes ago, Truthfrees said:

great point PT  has put a lot of pressure on xi and others to do everything they can to make kim conform - PT's world wide influence concerning santions is outstanding - he has a way of making bad actors behave even when they don't want to

I don't know that Xi is influenced by President Trump to do anything he isn't ok with. He doesn't have to worry about reelection or his party losing power. He has to be pretty strong to rise to the top of China.

I think Xi has his eye on the trade picture and he believes it will not hurt to remind Trump during talks about how he 'helped' with NK....not that we can be sure he actually did.  You know how inscrutable the Chinese can be, right?:classic_laugh:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ConfessionalLutheran said:

ISIS is on the run, the Korean War is nearly over and Trump is doing his level best to keep every campaign promise that he has made.

7 hours ago, Civilwarbuff said:

I think Xi has his eye on the trade picture and he believes it will not hurt to remind Trump during talks about how he 'helped' with NK....not that we can be sure he actually did.  You know how inscrutable the Chinese can be, right?:classic_laugh:

8 hours ago, Bull of the Woods said:

I don't know that Xi is influenced by President Trump to do anything he isn't ok with. He doesn't have to worry about reelection or his party losing power. He has to be pretty strong to rise to the top of China.

8 hours ago, Truthfrees said:

Obama oversaw the creation of ISIS

Obama got extremely close to conflict with North Korea

Obama gave billions to Iran and a path to nuclear weapons

Trump has destroyed ISIS

Trump ended the Korean War

Trump will end the Iran deal

The world is a safer place thanks to Trump

• Like 4

Obama did NOT oversee the creation of ISIS. His policies have been argued to allow a situation in which it came into being but he did not oversee its creation. That would be like saying by leaving your keys in your car you created a car theft and chop shop gang. 

I thought Trump is wonderful for getting tough on North Korea, now you say it's terrible that Obama almost went to war with them?

I agree on the fact Obama had a way too weak approach to Iran.

45 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

Obama did NOT oversee the creation of ISIS. His policies have been argued to allow a situation in which it came into being but he did not oversee its creation. That would be like saying by leaving your keys in your car you created a car theft and chop shop gang. 

I thought Trump is wonderful for getting tough on North Korea, now you say it's terrible that Obama almost went to war with them?

You can speak negatively 'til the cows come home by themselves but you will remain a bore.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Bill Taylor said:

You can speak negatively 'til the cows come home by themselves but you will remain a bore.

I said some positives in there.

its not necessary to insult a person by calling them a bore. You don't have to do that if you disagree with a post.

Edited by Bull of the Woods
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bull of the Woods said:

Yes, reducing military allows for groups like isis to form.  Knowing they are forming and not doing anything about it is consent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, godsquadgeek said:

Yes, reducing military allows for groups like isis to form.  Knowing they are forming and not doing anything about it is consent.

Not consent. ISIS formed in the Middle East and through their effective use of media. The US often walks that tightrope of how to intervene and when in other countries. It was a mistake to hold back on them, perhaps a terrible mistake. But not consent.

1 hour ago, Bill Taylor said:

negativity sure is getting old - and i guess you're right - it's very boring

conversely PT is not at all boring  and he is positively motivated to do good things for america

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, godsquadgeek said:

and even more than that funding them - giving billions of dollars to terrorist countries who in turn harbor terrorists is imo funding isis

• Thanks 1