The Protestant Community

Are you Protestant? Or, are you sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. Register in less than a minute, it is simple, fast, and free! We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums is:

.... an orthodox Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another forum.

Enjoy your fellowship

In order to understand the importance of Christian fellowship, we must first understand what Christian fellowship is and what it isn’t. The Greek words translated “fellowship” in the New Testament mean essentially a partnership to the mutual benefit of those involved. Christian fellowship, then, is the mutually beneficial relationship between Christians, who can’t have the identical relationship with those outside the faith. Those who believe the gospel are united in the Spirit through Christ to the Father, and that unity is the basis of fellowship. This relationship is described by Jesus in His high-priestly prayer for His followers in John 17:23. The importance of true Christian fellowship is that it reinforces Christ centeredness in our mind and helps us to focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us. As iron sharpens iron, in true Christian fellowship Christians sharpen one another's faith and stir one another to exercise that faith in love and good works, all to God’s glory.
Sign in to follow this  
Just Mike

Is the United States headed for a trade war?

China today announced that 162 imported itens wii now have a hefty tax put on them. Do you think we are headed for a trade war? How will it effect you and your buying?

China today announced that 162 imported itens wii now have a hefty tax put on them. Do you think we are headed for a trade war? How will it effect you and your buying?

probably not - China needs the USA

they have been getting away with theft and unfair trade practices for far too long

now they will have to learn how to be a responsible trading partner if they want to be a part of the international community

growing pains for china - better/fair deals for the usa

it will all work out wonderfully after everyone adjusts to the new equity

• Like 1

It sounds to me as if the trade war has already begun.

true - the war has been going on for decades

some trading partners have been behaving fairly - others not

now the unfair partners will have to learn to behave better

good news all around for everyone

it's fine to help struggling countries - but not a good idea to facilitate unethical trading practices

God Bless you my friend

• Like 2

We have been in a trade war for all of my life because we live in a Democratic Republic and everyone not here wants a piece of the action here. And I was born in 1945, that's a long fight and we have been losing lately, mostly due to Obama Administration.

• Like 2

We have been in a trade war for all of my life because we live in a Democratic Republic and everyone not here wants a piece of the action here. And I was born in 1945, that's a long fight and we have been losing lately, mostly due to Obama Administration.

true - i think what will happen is we will now be in a FAIR trade war - it's been unfair for far too long

• Like 1

What I think is that we are heading for a reckoning that will establish who it is that deserves to be respected in todays world.

• Like 1

What I think is that we are heading for a reckoning that will establish who it is that deserves to be respected in todays world.

yes- we certainly have not been respected for decades - because our politicians allowed us to be disrepected

one thing trump said in his book the art of the deal is that politicians don't care about a lot of things because it's not their money - it's our money - that's why they are so foolish in their political dealings

the only thing they care about is getting re-elected

they don't care about the country - states - counties - cities - families - citizens

Maybe it is just a little healthy balancing and readjustment.

• Like 1

yes- we certainly have not been respected for decades - because our politicians allowed us to be disrespected

one thing trump said in his book the art of the deal is that politicians don't care about a lot of things because it's not their money - it's our money - that's why they are so foolish in their political dealings

the only thing they care about is getting re-elected

they don't care about the country - states - counties - cities - families - citizens

I once heard a little joke about government.

If pro is the opposite of con then what is the opposite of progress?
  • Like 2

I once heard a little joke about government.

lol - that's a good one

Well hello again Bill, what month were you born in, I was born June 29, 1945. We sure have a lot in common.

Posted (edited)

Well hello again Bill, what month were you born in, I was born June 29, 1945. We sure have a lot in common.

I was born, 1/25/45 you're just a spring Chicken.

Edited by Bill Taylor