The Protestant Community

Are you Protestant? Or, are you sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. Register in less than a minute, it is simple, fast, and free! We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another forum.

Enjoy your fellowship

In order to understand the importance of Christian fellowship, we must first understand what Christian fellowship is and what it isn’t. The Greek words translated “fellowship” in the New Testament mean essentially a partnership to the mutual benefit of those involved. Christian fellowship, then, is the mutually beneficial relationship between Christians, who can’t have the identical relationship with those outside the faith. Those who believe the gospel are united in the Spirit through Christ to the Father, and that unity is the basis of fellowship. This relationship is described by Jesus in His high-priestly prayer for His followers in John 17:23. The importance of true Christian fellowship is that it reinforces Christ centeredness in our mind and helps us to focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us. As iron sharpens iron, in true Christian fellowship Christians sharpen one another's faith and stir one another to exercise that faith in love and good works, all to God’s glory.
Sign in to follow this  
Sal Robinson

What are your bible reading habits, what do you do to raise your awareness of God’s presence in your life

What are your Bible reading habits, what do you do to raise your awareness of God’s presence in your life

Do you use any audio-visual tools to help you?

Sal. I use Charles Stanley devotional which has a daily Bible reading in it and a fill out at the bottom for my thoughts. That usually is what I use early in the day. Then during the day I read all or part of a Book in the Bible depending on how long it is. Sometimes if I am feeling ill I might just rest and watch John MacArthur aor one of the preacher I record from Sunday recordings. My wife and I teach 5th to 8th grade SS and that is also some Bible we study for, now we are in Exodus 20-22 and that is exciting to teach that class.

I usually go over the Pastors sermon and we are in Matthew, Last week we were at Chapter 5:2--26. I am aware of how Jesus is in the Scriptures O.T. and N. T. While on the forum I usually get involved in some post on the Scripture. n the last year I have been reading Calvinism and the Scriptures that go with it. This has been a challenge for me. The only audio visual I use it the television Pastors I watch and the SS material that goes with our lesson.

I mainly use the New American Standard Bible which I have been using for a very long time now. I have about 20 different Bibles and I do look things up on a regular basis. I generally take a Bible with us where ever I go in our truck, it gives me something to read or when we get a question from our kids or grandkids we can answered it.

Glad to answer you, and God bless you Sal.

Hi Sal

I'm in several Bible study groups and interact here on Forum.

I use the NKJ and the older NIV Study Bible which is right beside my computer -- I look up verses in responding to various posts. And lately I got an ESV. I started out life and grew up with and was an adult for quite a while in the KJV.

Does a person really Need to raise their awareness of God's presence in our lives? When we accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior -- the Holy Spirit takes up residence in us -- so we are aware of Him. And Bible reading and prayer keep us in contact.

If you're referring to our closeness To God -- we won't loose Him and He won't loose us. How much we're filled with the Holy Spirit -- our spiritual tanks -- depends on our being in His Word on a regular basis.

We experience a 'wanting' to be in His Word. A natural desire.

Some people experience an emotional high at the time of their salvation and they want to keep on experiencing That. But our salvation is Not based on our feelings. Life is bare basics living. Kind of like marriage. The wedding ceremony is an emotional 'high' and after the honeymoon - the dishes still need to be washed and there is the dirty laundry - stinky socks. The house / apartment Does need cleaning and the yard mowed. That regular maintenance is very important.

I try to read 3 or 4 chapters of the bible a day. Sometimes I will listen and watch worship music online on youtube. In the past, I have listened to devotional messages of In Touch on my phone

I try to read 3 or 4 chapters of the bible a day. Sometimes I will listen and watch worship music online on youtube. In the past, I have listened to devotional messages of In Touch on my phone

That's a good amount -- keeping the context in tact.

One neat tool I have been using is a, "Bible Audio" application on my cellphone. I turn Bluetooth on and wear Bluetooth headphones while going to and from work or to the store and back while bicycling, etc. . The app I have been using does not even require an internet connection/. You download various versions and books of the Bible ahead of time for listening later. The app plays one verse right after another automatically. A great way to hear God's Word without even any effort. Another app I have is, "Bible Offline" on my phone. It has all kinds of tools and features including a, "Verse of the day" for reading which automatically pops up on your notifications.

• Like 1

One neat tool I have been using is a, "Bible Audio" application on my cellphone. I turn Bluetooth on and wear Bluetooth headphones while going to and from work or to the store and back while bicycling, etc. . The app I have been using does not even require an internet connection/. You download various versions and books of the Bible ahead of time for listening later. The app plays one verse right after another automatically. A great way to hear God's Word without even any effort. Another app I have is, "Bible Offline" on my phone. It has all kinds of tools and features including a, "Verse of the day" for reading which automatically pops up on your notifications.

Sounds good.

Sal. I use Charles Stanley devotional which has a daily Bible reading in it and a fill out at the bottom for my thoughts. That usually is what I use early in the day. Then during the day I read all or part of a Book in the Bible depending on how long it is. Sometimes if I am feeling ill I might just rest and watch John MacArthur aor one of the preacher I record from Sunday recordings. My wife and I teach 5th to 8th grade SS and that is also some Bible we study for, now we are in Exodus 20-22 and that is exciting to teach that class.

I usually go over the Pastors sermon and we are in Matthew, Last week we were at Chapter 5:2--26. I am aware of how Jesus is in the Scriptures O.T. and N. T. While on the forum I usually get involved in some post on the Scripture. n the last year I have been reading Calvinism and the Scriptures that go with it. This has been a challenge for me. The only audio visual I use it the television Pastors I watch and the SS material that goes with our lesson.

I mainly use the New American Standard Bible which I have been using for a very long time now. I have about 20 different Bibles and I do look things up on a regular basis. I generally take a Bible with us where ever I go in our truck, it gives me something to read or when we get a question from our kids or grandkids we can answered it.

Thank you justme, John MacArthuris a very intelligent man.

SO awesome to hear your teaching scripture. I pray all the best for your endeavors.

I do like the Nasb, I have a John MacArthur study bible of the nasb coincidently

I wish you all the best friend :)

• Like 1

Hi Sal

I use the NKJ and the older NIV Study Bible which is right beside my computer -- I look up verses in responding to various posts. And lately I got an ESV. I started out life and grew up with and was an adult for quite a while in the KJV.

Does a person really Need to raise their awareness of God's presence in our lives? When we accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior -- the Holy Spirit takes up residence in us -- so we are aware of Him. And Bible reading and prayer keep us in contact.

If you're referring to our closeness To God -- we won't loose Him and He won't loose us. How much we're filled with the Holy Spirit -- our spiritual tanks -- depends on our being in His Word on a regular basis.

Some people experience an emotional high at the time of their salvation and they want to keep on experiencing That. But our salvation is Not based on our feelings. Life is bare basics living. Kind of like marriage. The wedding ceremony is an emotional 'high' and after the honeymoon - the dishes still need to be washed and there is the dirty laundry - stinky socks. The house / apartment Does need cleaning and the yard mowed. That regular maintenance is very important.

Hi Sue, thanks for your answer

Just to clarify, I know “we won't loose Him” and I certainly know “He won't loose us”

But the reality is that I know too many people who are more conscious of their problems and their worries than of their God.

They know God is with them, but they are more conscious and focus more on their problems and their worries.

I believe that no matter how big our problems are, no matter how big our worries our, we need to absorb his word for that gives us strength and hope that we’re dealing with light momentatry afflictions that will be eclipsed and outweighed by an eternal joy, that has already began to be revealed to us.

Peter focused on the storms and instead of jesus.

I’m not questioning whether jesus was there with peter and is there right now with us, but like peter we focus on the storms,

Like peter we’re more aware of the storms than our God, whose presence reassures us

So yes he’s always there, but are we always keeping our eyes on him

Psalm 16:8

8 I keep my eyes always on the Lord.

With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken

The reality is too many people don’t keep theireyes on the Lord, too many people do get shaken.

So that is what I meant. we need to know where to look, so that we are not shaken by the worries of this life, but reassured of his presence and unfailing love.

• Like 1

That’s an awesome habit jsimms435, keep it up :)

That does sound like a great tool! That so awesome that technology can help us spiritually in that way. Thank you for sharing Explorer55:)

Thank you justme, John MacArthuris a very intelligent man.

SO awesome to hear your teaching scripture. I pray all the best for your endeavors.

I do like the Nasb, I have a John MacArthur study bible of the nasb coincidently

I wish you all the best friend :)

Sal how nice that you have taken the time to respond to each of us, I appreciate it, God bless you too.

Hi Sal

I agree,with the spiritual high stuff you were talking about. It seems , depending too much upon that, can lead to a falling away. When reading what you said I thought about how Israel has always fallen away with time and lulls, in God showing wonders to them. Whether the forty days on mount Sinai or wondering for forty years ex... People get tested and proved when the honeymoon points are over. God's silence is God's proof. The longer He is quiet the further people go and societies begin to wreak with the smell of injustice, and the stench immorality! But those of us who truly love God wait and trust.

• Like 1

Everyday I pray , read and apply. God Bless!

Hi -- I was just looking at your bio info -- you're another Woman -- Yay -- mostly men on Forum. Are you on a Bible reading plan of any kind as in 'reading through the Bible in a year' ?

I have read through the whole bible. Now a days I am studying and combing through prophecies, comparing world events to them and praying for understanding of all scripture. I like going on forums to here peoples views and interpretations. I like sharing some ideas about interpretations too. I am not committed to any interpretation, but I do believe somethings ring true when you hear a valid one, ya know what I mean? But, I believe it is enough to know your Saviour and be faithful regardless of seasons. I mean isn't that what really matters, faithfulness?

I have read through the whole bible. Now a days I am studying and combing through prophecies, comparing world events to them and praying for understanding of all scripture. I like going on forums to here peoples views and interpretations. I like sharing some ideas about interpretations too. I am not committed to any interpretation, but I do believe somethings ring true when you hear a valid one, ya know what I mean? But, I believe it is enough to know your Saviour and be faithful regardless of seasons. I mean isn't that what really matters, faithfulness?

I agree -- 'some things ring true when you hear a valid one'.

The world of prophesies -- I've been in and out of that area of study a few times.

Have been focused on doctrinal apologetics most recently.

And various views and interpretations are interesting / informative.

We can All use more understanding of Scripture. "smile"