The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Fireball Lewis

PRAY for no automatic weapons for anyone except the military forces

No automatic weapons for anyone except armed forces. I am an Army veteran.
No automatic weapons were used. If you are a veteran, you ought to have known that.
  • Like 2

No automatic weapons for anyone except armed forces. I am an Army veteran.

Welcome to the forum Lewis. Interesting second post, are you worried about this. Is your experience in the Army that this might happen? God bless you Lewis.

• Like 1

Welcome to Christfourms.

It's not automatic weapons in the hands of civilians that's the problem, it the hearts and minds of the ones that misuse the weapons.

Being in the army doesn't make someone a good person, a long time ago there was a veteran who went to the top of a clock tower and shot about 15 people with a scoped rifle, one of his first victims was a pregnant woman. I don't say this to disrespect veterans, just to be clear. But military experience or the type of weapon doesn't make a difference, killers are killers.

But I will pray that God will keep people safe from mad men.

• Like 2

Welcome to Christfourms.

It's not automatic weapons in the hands of civilians that's the problem, it the hearts and minds of the ones that misuse the weapons.

Being in the army doesn't make someone a good person, a long time ago there was a veteran who went to the top of a clock tower and shot about 15 people with a scoped rifle, one of his first victims was a pregnant woman. I don't say this to disrespect veterans, just to be clear. But military experience or the type of weapon doesn't make a difference, killers are killers.

How many Veterans use guns responsible, and you never hear of a problem.

As a side note I don't hear a single issue raised as to how the killer of those 17 people at that high school. got into the high school. For me the school also has a huge responsibility in not making sure he could not have entered the school. No locked doors?

• Like 3

Welcome to Christfourms.

That school shooting shouldn't have happened. The kid ethier walked came through a door that supposed to be locked or he presented to be a student and no one knew he wasn't supposed to be there. Im not sure on the details.

I went to visit my old high school not long ago, I just walked right in a side door. No knew I was there until I poked my head into an open classroom door and said hello.

• Like 1

Being somewhat a gun expert myself, I wish people would quit using "automatic" with weapons as describing their lethality. I could do more damage with aimed semi-automatic fire than automatic. Granted, the effect of the automatic popping off seems more terrifying but it really isn't. It just tells me someone is not careful of their ammo consumption. The sniper you don't see is the most dangerous, and he is probably using a bolt action.

Guns in the hands of law abiding citizens are not the problem. It is the crazed shooters that usually, someone had left alone even though they knew better. What better place than at a school, especially for a student or ex student. They have bad memories there. One small town here in Oklahoma has allowed 32 school staff members to carry their concealed carry licensed guns, while at school. They even posted signs stating any violence would be met with lethal force, if necessary. You stop an armed bad man with an armed good man. :RpS_unsure:

Edited by deade
typo
  • Like 2

There are no easy answers to this problem. Who is being allowed to enter schools? What are student's being allowed to take Into schools? Where are the parents / guardians who are responsible for the students?

• Like 2

Being somewhat a gun expert myself, I wish people would quit using "automatic" with weapons as describing their lethality. I could do more damage with aimed semi-automatic fire than automatic. Granted, the effect of the automatic popping off seems more terrifying but it really isn't. It just tells me someone is not careful of their ammo consumption. The sniper you don't see is the most dangerous, and he is probably using a bolt action.

Guns in the hands of law abiding citizens are not the problem. It is the crazed shooters that usually, someone had left alone even though they knew better. What better place than at a school, especially for a student or ex student. They have bad memories there. One small town here in Oklahoma has allowed 32 school staff members to carry their concealed carry licensed guns, while at school. They even posted signs stating any violence would be met with lethal force, if necessary. You stop an armed bad man with an armed good man. :RpS_unsure:

That's a good point. The M1 Garand is said to be the gun that won WW2, a semi automatic rifle.

• Like 1

And that kind of weaponry should be restricted To the law enforcement / military.

I never mentioned veterans except that I am one of them...I SAID FOR ARMED FORCES MEANING ACTIVE DUTY....DO U get it now? Nobody else needs them.. Rifles can be used for hunting and handguns for home protection.

• Like 1

I still made a good point though regardless of what weapon was used...try not to nitpick folks..
(1) You have no point. Machine-guns (i.e. fully automatic weapons) were banned in 1986.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/99th-c...senate-bill/49

(2) It is not nitpicking when it comes to knowing the facts and the truth.

• Like 3

I still made a good point though regardless of what weapon was used...try not to nitpick folks..

Lewis, be kind and respectful please. You did not elaborate enough on what you were trying to say.. We are loving, caring, people here, so take your time and give more detail's please.

I never mentioned veterans except that I am one of them...I SAID FOR ARMED FORCES MEANING ACTIVE DUTY....DO U get it now? Nobody else needs them.. Rifles can be used for hunting and handguns for home protection.

Ok, so after someone serves, they should no longer be allowed to own automatic weapons? I also thought that veterans keep their pistol and rifle after service, if so, why shouldn't they?

We have the right to bear arms so we can defend ourselves from militias, who would most likely have automatic weapons. It's happens all the time in impoverished countries where the have no guns to defend themselves from terrorist groups and the like.

Why would a former military person Want to keep their weapon? Turn it back into the unit they were discharged from. If they want their own weapon, apply for one and get it.

I just asked my husband who is former military -- they turned in their weaponry upon discharge -- would a tank operator want to / be able to take their tank home with them? No. Government property.

The right to bear arms dates back to civil war times, doesn't it? When the military could come onto private property and commendear property for their own use. The property owner Could 'bear arms' to guard their property from being taken from them. We don't have those conditions now. Not regarding War. Some property owners Do guard their property from agencies wanting to use their property for projects, etc.

Like I said "I thought" I don't know for certain.

Keeping a tank is little different than keeping a rifle or a pistol.

My grandfather keept a gun, a bayonet, a naizi officers helmet and some other things from his service in WW2, that lead me to think that vetrians keep their standard service weapons.

I tend to think we don't have a lot of problems we could have if we didn't have gun rights.

@Innerfire89 -- I brought up the tank as something 'way out there'. In other words -- No one is going to keep one. My husband happens to be very Pro gun ownership. He has both a pistol and shotgun/ rifle -- I really don't know the difference. They are in a gun safe - loaded - in our bedroom. Just feet away from his side of the bed. I won't even touch the guns. I could Never purposely shoot a person. I'd feel horrible sending someone out into eternity -- realizing they Might be instantly in hell as a result of My shooting them. I'd be better off trying to Hit them with a broom handle -- to distract the person so I could get away.

How would he have gotten / Kept a Nazzi soldiers helmet -- or a bayonet? WHY keep those kinds of suviners?

There was a couple we'd gotten to know years ago. They lived out in the country and had a buried house. One that is built into a hill -- no windows -- they thought it was cool -- Doug started looking for hills to build one on. I said NO. I Like seeing outside. BUT they collected all kinds of military equipment -- we were concerned -- curious. After a while they Moved. thinking the FBI might have gotten curious, also.

If we really want to disarm "The People" then these are some steps which have been proven: https://www.nationalreview.com/2013/...en-p-halbrook/

What I find interesting is how one particular party wants to retain the People's right to bear arms, and the other wants to disarm citizens. And oh, it is that other party that wants to disarm the People and whose ideology murders more in random acts of violence and through abortion. What happens when the People cannot check or balance tyranny and free reign is given to those who oppose our Christian worldview? I can imagine a country like China here in the U.S. that wants to enforce a one child policy through abortion. Could you imagine the Feds or the State coming for your wife to murder your child in the womb, and not even having the ability to defend your family?

In all seriousness, after 911, though inconvenienced, I thought we took so much for granted. Likewise, for us to leave our schools unprotected is just ludicrous. I think every school should have armed protection or security details.

• Like 6

I never met my grandfather, both grandparents on my mothers side of the family died before I was born, he might of kept those things as trophies from men he killed in combat or something like that.

Shotguns usually have a much wider barrel and use big plastic looking shells.

A buried house in the moutians and military grear. I have to say that sounds like an awesome idea! Lol. Me and this Doug guy should hang out sometime.

If we really want to disarm "The People" then these are some steps which have been proven: https://www.nationalreview.com/2013/...en-p-halbrook/

What I find interesting is how one particular party wants to retain the People's right to bear arms, and the other wants to disarm citizens. And oh, it is that other party that wants to disarm the People and whose ideology murders more in random acts of violence and through abortion. What happens when the People cannot check or balance tyranny and free reign is given to those who oppose our Christian worldview? I can imagine a country like China here in the U.S. that wants to enforce a one child policy through abortion. Could you imagine the Feds or the State coming for your wife to murder your child in the womb, and not even having the ability to defend your family?

In all seriousness, after 911, though inconvenienced, I thought we took so much for granted. Likewise, for us to leave our schools unprotected is just ludicrous. I think every school should have armed protection or security details.

They should've started allowing armed guards in the schools since Columbine.

At the very least keep the doors secured, and no one gets admitted until they have gone through a metal detector, or wand. The Florida shooting might not have happened if the school had up to date security, and guarded security protection. The school has as much blame as the FBI and others. IMO

Yeah, I'd like to keep my Constitutional right to bear arms (the right which shall not be infringed). This protects from tyrannical governments coming into power (like the Nazis), invading armies, and thugs which will get guns anyway.

Also, as stated previously, the weapon used in the recent school shooting was not fully automatic. It was a semi-automatic assault weapon (not to be confused with a fully automatic assault rifle). I think it is very important for everyone to be pretty spot on with their facts regarding this extremely important topic.

Edited by CDF47
  • Like 3

What I find interesting is how one particular party wants to retain the People's right to bear arms, and the other wants to disarm citizens. And oh, by chance, it is that other party that wants to disarm the People and whose ideology murders more in random acts of violence and through abortion. What happens when the People cannot check or balance tyranny and free reign is given to those who oppose our Christian worldview? I can imagine a country like China here in the U.S. that wants to enforce a one child policy through abortion. Could you imagine the Feds or the State coming for your wife to murder your child in the womb, and not even having the ability to defend your family?

Great article. It is always a good reminder of what can happen when a people are disarmed by their government. I also like to read the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States every year or so as a reminder of the importance of our rights.

Edited by CDF47
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'd like to keep my Constitutional right to bear arms (the right which shall not be infringed). This protects from tyrannical governments coming into power (like the Nazis), invading armies, and thugs which will get guns anyway.

Also, as stated previously, the weapon used in the recent school shooting was not fully automatic. It was a semi-automatic assault weapon (not to be confused with a fully automatic assault rifle). I think it is very important for everyone to be pretty spot on with their facts regarding this extremely important topic.

I sincerely doubt we will ever see the time our guns will be "attempted" to be taken away. I say attempted as there are many would would never give into such a wicked idea.

• Like 1