The Protestant Community

Are you Protestant? Or, are you sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. Register in less than a minute, it is simple, fast, and free! We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another forum.

Enjoy your fellowship

In order to understand the importance of Christian fellowship, we must first understand what Christian fellowship is and what it isn’t. The Greek words translated “fellowship” in the New Testament mean essentially a partnership to the mutual benefit of those involved. Christian fellowship, then, is the mutually beneficial relationship between Christians, who can’t have the identical relationship with those outside the faith. Those who believe the gospel are united in the Spirit through Christ to the Father, and that unity is the basis of fellowship. This relationship is described by Jesus in His high-priestly prayer for His followers in John 17:23. The importance of true Christian fellowship is that it reinforces Christ centeredness in our mind and helps us to focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us. As iron sharpens iron, in true Christian fellowship Christians sharpen one another's faith and stir one another to exercise that faith in love and good works, all to God’s glory.
Sign in to follow this  
Matto

Brown Snake attack and God's protection, Yes miracle.

Well thank Jesus. A customer called me up because of a large Dugite her dog bailed up again. This is the second time I've been out there for one.

I can't believe what happened.

After removing garden tools and trying keep the dog from getting bitten, the mutt wouldn't let me catch and leash him. This was a fast snake.

The snake shot off into 1 foot grass with plastic planter pots strewn around. I couldn't see the snake in that. I grabbed a short thin half rotten tomato stake to move pots around and the second pot had the snake in it. As soon as I turned the pot the snake struck straight at me.

I hit the dugite on the head with the tomato stake mid strike and the stake broke on impact. It was a pathetic ially light thin piece of wood, the hit felt like nothing.

The dugite was stone cold dead and I couldn't believe it, I've seen garden hoes bounce off these things.

It was faster than reaction time, to get out of the way of a strike well in progress and hit the head of a striking dugite and kill it instantly and with a rotten stick. The stick was half the thickness of my little finger and light as balsa wood, and was as crumbly as a cracker.

I asked Jesus to take over and He did. The lady said she was watching me and she said I moved in a blink and then she saw me hold up the dead 2 metre dugite.

The thing didnt coil with nerves or even twitch it was just dead.

Just thought I'd share what happened.

Every season I come across tiger snakes, dugites and death adders just cutting the creek lines, generally they leave you alone, but with little kids and animals to think of you have no choice but get rid of them. I've already lost dogs to dugites, they have a really bad venom if you want look them up on web.

• Like 2

Seriously amazing! The protection the Lord has afforded us is truly wonderful. Where I live we don't have any snakes anything like that. We do have Cotton mouth water snakes, Rattle snakes, and Copperhead snakes. We have only seen 2 copperhead snakes in 23 years. But we have seen a couple of rattlesnakes, and a water snake where our daughter was swinging in the lake where we live.

We also have scorpion's and I have been stung a couple of times here. However when we lived in Arizona I was stung more that 6 times at the same time while trying to keep our house from being foolded by a bern that failed. I was shoveling dirt as water came down the hill, and as the water hit me several of they nasty things stung me on both legs.

• Like 2

"Seriously amazing! The protection the Lord has afforded us is truly wonderful. Where I live we don't have any snakes anything like that."

I'm still running the circumstances over and still can't get a grip on the chain of events.

• Like 1

I don't know what a dugite is, but I know snakes strike incredibly fast, truly a miracle.

• Like 1

I don't know what a dugite is, but I know snakes strike incredibly fast, truly a miracle.

It has a small head and it was in mid strike, mark this down to Jesus, I'm not superman that's for sure.

• Like 2

That' how it works. In your time of weakness, you called out to God asking for help. And He showed Himself faithful. His Grace is enough.

that is what Paul discovered when asking God to remove his thorn. I know it's normally taught that God sometimes says NO. But nowhere does it say that God said no. It says that He said, "My Grace is sufficient ". Sufficient for What? To live with the thorn? Jesus, the spitting image of the Father, never told anyone they'd have to live with whatever was troubling them, neither does God.

Grace empowers us, not to cope but to overcome, to be more than conquerors. In Paul's weakness he found that is where Gods strength shines thru.

in areas that we feel strong, we don' bother God with asking for help. But once we realize, we can have this kind of victory in all areas of life, we learn to always lean on His strength and not our own. It makes for a very joyful and exciting life. The Joy of the Lord is my strength. If we fight on our own, He stands back out of the way. When we stop fighting, He starts fighting for us. His results are so much better.

• Like 1

Jesus is strong when we are weak. I remember feeling so tired and run down from work in New Guinea. I didn't want to get out bed on my RDO, and I think being in a self centred depression.

But it was my day to volunteer for the bush clinic and I had to really drag myself out, feeling absolutely terrible.

When I got there I just asked in my heart for nothing hard that day. But guess what. A woman had walked for days out of the highlands and sat a wrapped bundle on the bench.

I opened up the cloth and saw the worst case of scabies in my life, with tropical ulcers everywhere from head to foot.

It was a little toddler boy that was incredibly self conscious and looked completely ashamed of his condition, not even raising his eyes.

But when I lifted his chin and our eyes met, I saw his misery and that's when a great love and grace flowed into me, and all my miseries disappeared.

I cleaned up that little bloke so well he must have thought he was royalty. But that put me on a grace filled high for months.

Sometimes in moments pure exhaustion we are called to step a little further and God is waiting with the least of these with all his grace.

• Like 1

Well thank Jesus. A customer called me up because of a large Dugite her dog bailed up again. This is the second time I've been out there for one.

I can't believe what happened.

After removing garden tools and trying keep the dog from getting bitten, the mutt wouldn't let me catch and leash him. This was a fast snake.

The snake shot off into 1 foot grass with plastic planter pots strewn around. I couldn't see the snake in that. I grabbed a short thin half rotten tomato stake to move pots around and the second pot had the snake in it. As soon as I turned the pot the snake struck straight at me.

I hit the dugite on the head with the tomato stake mid strike and the stake broke on impact. It was a pathetic ially light thin piece of wood, the hit felt like nothing.

The dugite was stone cold dead and I couldn't believe it, I've seen garden hoes bounce off these things.

It was faster than reaction time, to get out of the way of a strike well in progress and hit the head of a striking dugite and kill it instantly and with a rotten stick. The stick was half the thickness of my little finger and light as balsa wood, and was as crumbly as a cracker.

I asked Jesus to take over and He did. The lady said she was watching me and she said I moved in a blink and then she saw me hold up the dead 2 metre dugite.

The thing didnt coil with nerves or even twitch it was just dead.

Just thought I'd share what happened.

Every season I come across tiger snakes, dugites and death adders just cutting the creek lines, generally they leave you alone, but with little kids and animals to think of you have no choice but get rid of them. I've already lost dogs to dugites, they have a really bad venom if you want look them up on web.

Your vernacular is unfathomable. I couldn't make heads or tails of what you were talking about.

• Like 1

Your vernacular is unfathomable. I couldn't make heads or tails of what you were talking about.

Sorry mate I shouldn't write in the vernacular, I'll write in the queen's English.

Some south Australians couldn't understand me the other day.