The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Soul man

Carnality Vs Spirituality 2

Being some what rough on the carnal we need to look at the spiritual.

It was my plan to list on about the carnal but I believe enough has been said for now and any hungry believer can recognize their need to move on.

I believe most of us know we have carnality or at least stages of carnality we go through.

The spiritual man possesses the attributes of God.

Being created in the image and likeness of God.

The first Adam failed, but Jesus, the second Adam fulfilled God's eternal plan, and restored every believer once again to the image and likeness of God.

It is necessary that the spiritual man have a knowledge of who he is in Christ to bear this image.

Over 200 times the new testament declares the believer to be in Christ.

Unless the believer knows for sure he/she is "in Christ," their image of Christ will be equally unsure.

The true spiritual believer has this knowledge.

He constantly seeks new and fresh revelation from the Word to produce these attributes.

Each new truth brought to him by the Spirit (1 Cor. 2:10) is food for the spiritual man, and this food produces fruit.

The fruit is in the likeness of the attributes of God.

As the person of Christ grows in the spiritual man, he becomes a witness of Christ to others.

His witness is seen by the world. This witness is determined however by the degree of knowledge of sonship the believer possesses.

If his knowledge is great, he is hated by the world.

Jesus said that as they hated me they will hate you also, John 17:14. If Jesus had not possessed the attributes of the Father, He would have been far more acceptable to the world.

In fact the death blow to His ministry by the world came when God identified Jesus as being His Son in John 12:36-36.

When the Spirit of God sets a Believer aside and gives him the knowledge that he is a son of God, it will cause this believer to be hated as Jesus was.

The witness before the world is not made on the conditions of the world, but on the conditions of the only-life in the believer, which is the Christ-life.

The true Christ-life is not acceptable to the world because it is a consternation to it.

Nevertheless, the spiritual man knows that he can reach the world with the gospel, even though his identification to Christ is hated.

It is his business to present Christ on God's terms, and it is the work of the Spirit to draw and convince men of this Christ. The Christ he presents must not only be theoretically promoted in message, but also practically demonstrated.

This practical living is the trademark of the spiritual man. Until he can bear the image of Christ in daily living, his witness to the world is weak.