The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
rachel

Prayer request for fallen brother, Jonathan

Hello everyone! Please pray for Jonathan. He was once an on fire believer and it appears that he has fallen away from the Lord... actually may be a professing atheist? Not sure on his exact status, but if you would please put him on your prayer lists it'd be greatly appreciated!

I just prayed for him. Hope he finds his way back to the Lord.

• Like 2

Jesus will find this lost sheep, no matter where he runs he will not have peace, until he is found.

• Like 3

Hi rachel,

I will also pray for him. Sometimes a former believer will call themselves an atheist as a way to lash out at their former faith. When I gave up on finding Jesus as a teenager, I viewed myself as an unbeliever. A little later, I softened from that stance. When God was ready, He called me back.

Yours,

Deade

• Like 3

I will pray for him, but it would be best to understand just what happened to cause this immense gulf between Christianity and him. People don't just turn from a belief system to another without cause. People need to have a maintenance program to maintain their connection to God and if that connection has been severed then there is a reason for that

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your prayers

• Like 2