The Protestant Community

Are you Protestant? Or, are you sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. Register in less than a minute, it is simple, fast, and free! We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another forum.

Enjoy your fellowship

In order to understand the importance of Christian fellowship, we must first understand what Christian fellowship is and what it isn’t. The Greek words translated “fellowship” in the New Testament mean essentially a partnership to the mutual benefit of those involved. Christian fellowship, then, is the mutually beneficial relationship between Christians, who can’t have the identical relationship with those outside the faith. Those who believe the gospel are united in the Spirit through Christ to the Father, and that unity is the basis of fellowship. This relationship is described by Jesus in His high-priestly prayer for His followers in John 17:23. The importance of true Christian fellowship is that it reinforces Christ centeredness in our mind and helps us to focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us. As iron sharpens iron, in true Christian fellowship Christians sharpen one another's faith and stir one another to exercise that faith in love and good works, all to God’s glory.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Veterans, Not NFL, To Be Focus for Many Fans This Sunday

The Facebook page “Boycott the NFL,” is asking football fans to show solidarity with veterans by not watching Sunday's games.qCe-jUq2SqA

More...

I haven't watched football since my favorite team of many years , over two decades, started this nonsense. And their coach agreed with their disrespect.

It's sedition. These players are so easily led and yet appear as fools. They're millionaires because they play football in the country that they have no respect for as far as anthem nor flag. While when they play in England they do stand for that nations anthem.

I'd like to see Budweiser pull sponsorship. And major others as well. I bet these boys would get off their knee in a quickness.

Meanwhile, it's all subjective and that's something they don't realize. When I saw the Packers kneeling, and bowing their head before a game and during the anthem, it didn't look like protest. Though they thought it did. Rather, it could just as easily be praised by the press as all those players bowing their head in prayer for our country. Because they were doing this during the anthem.

Turn it around on them press corps. Praise them for showing respect, and standing in prayer. See how they take that.

The really sickening part of this? It's moved to high school teams doing the same.

Not many weeks ago there was a school who's principle ordered the band not to play the anthem before the game. When the team realized what was happening they sang the anthem as a team together. With their hands over their hearts.

Prayerfully there's a principle out of a job at that school today.

• Like 1

Actually the first time I heard about the players 'bowing the knee' I thought it was a sign of prayerful respect. Like way back when Tim Tibow bowed his knee and head in prayer after winning a game. But when I found out that it was bowing the knee because they refused to stand Up for the National Anthem I couldn't believe it. I thought Of Course Everyone stands for the Anthem. Kick them out of the league and Then found it how complicated all of it was.

Anyone who chooses to Not honor the American Flag and our National Anthem does not need to be in this country. Try going to some other country and doing that.

I'm originally from Pittsburgh and been to many games when I was still there, but when they refused to come out of the locker room for the national anthem some weeks back I removed all Steeler paraphernalia and haven't watched any NFL at all. if you want to get there attention then don't watch any NFL and avoid buying any sponsorship products like bud and papa johns pizza and stuff of that nature and maybe next year you will here them "them" whole NFL apologize to the country that they receive much success and moneys from. they don't care about anything but your attention, that's the key to their income, just ignore their existence and that will come back to them in terms of money because that is what they respond to.

went to Yuma a military town some weeks ago, seen only three nfl shirts, went to phoenix that has Luke air force base during the state fair seen less than ten nfl shirts the whole week end. its for real as far as I can tell. don't know how long it will last but the longer the better.