The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Just Mike

Gun Control

In view of what Mr. Clinton stated at 7 AM the morning of the shooting, while yet bodies were still being removed from the area of the shooting, she called for more gun control. Is more gun control needed?

Chicago has the strictest gun control laws in the United States, yet has the highest numbers op people being shot, and killed. What kind of laws could our country possibly make that could save lives?

As a Christian should we carry or have a gun in our vehicles while traveling? Just what do you say?

justme

Jesus once told his disciples to buy swords, so there is nothing wrong with a Christian owning a gun. Whether we should actually do this depends on the circumstances we face. Jesus commanded the disciples to go into all the world with the gospel and in carrying out this command they often had to travel through territory where they were in danger of being attacked so they needed a means of defense. I have never been in such a situation so I have never felt the need to own a gun.

• Like 2

The situation from yesterday -- the shooter was Not using a hand gun -- he was using high powered automatic weaponry that the normal household or traveler who's concerned for his/ her safety would Not be having in their possession. The shooting happened in a state that does not require licensing of guns. So he was not doing anything illegal -- it's not against the law to own a gun or have ammunition in your possession. A couple of my brother-in-laws have numerous guns in their house / possession. They own a fire range. Nothing illegal about that.

The sheer amount of fire power he had available Was an indication that he had even More destruction planned -- we are thankful that SWAT got to his location and he took his own life as a result.

I've had Fox News on nearly all the time since that happened. We Did watch Voyager for a while yesterday -- but I'd turned the News on early that morning hoping to hear an up-date about Puerto Rica , my brother is / has been living there. A beach resident and is now in one of the shelters. That's when I heard about Las Vegas.

Nothing about the shooter would put him as a suspect in such a shooting. He doesn't fit any profile. I Am wondering more and more about his former girlfriend. I wouldn't want to be her. The guys' brother even sounds dumb-founded that it happened.

My husband has a pistol and rifle in a safe in our bedroom -- the ammunition is in a box in the upper shelf of our closet. It's a combination safe and I told him I don't want to know the combo or even touch the weapons. He does have the necessary documentation for them, but does not carry either of them outside of the house.

I would not ever want to be in a position of potentially killing another person -- possibly sending them to eternity in hell. But I Would do everything else possible to Stop a crime or prevent one.

All we Can do on a personal level is to make sure that 'I' am prepared spiritually if I Would be a victim of a crime. Be ready to help whomever needs help.

• Like 1

Is more gun control needed?

If the guns the shooter used were automatic weapons. They are already banned. You can't increase gun control by double banning a weapon. What they can do is increase the consequences or penalty in gun related violence. And not let people out early from prison that have been convicted and sentenced for gun related crimes. 66-77% of all criminals released from American prisons are repeat offenders.

God bless,

William

• Like 4

All you have given excellent responses. The shooter was like hus father who had no feelings for anyone. He was very wealthy, had gained just about everything he could, houses, airplanes, a huge amount of guns, most likely had very little contact with his brother, had a girl friend that was a employee of a gambling house, lived with her. Most likely he did not share his feelings. The metal health terminology is called "Psychopath". He is exactly like his father was! Take the time to Google his father Benjamin Paddock, also called "Bingo Bruce" he was as sleazy, dirty, dishonest as it gets. Steven Paddock was even more evil and wicked then his father.was. One can seriously question if Paddocks brother does not have some of the same mental issues as Steven, and his father.

Back to gun control. I am against Gun shows that some do not have registration for the guns sold. Any one seriously looking to buy a gun, of any type, can find one on the black market. Guns are sold between friends, and sold person to person, and no one can tell or stop it. How can anyone control guns sold or traded privately?

justme

• Like 1

Back to gun control. I am against Gun shows that some do not have registration for the guns sold. Any one seriously looking to buy a gun, of any type, can find one on the black market. Guns are sold between friends, and sold person to person, and no one can tell or stop it. How can anyone control guns sold or traded privately?

That's right, criminals can buy guns on the black market. In other words, ban all guns and only the criminals will have access to them. Law abiding citizens are going to follow the law.

Now watch what happens with increased talks of gun control. Gun sales are going to sky rocket like they always do.

God bless,

William

• Like 4

William; Walmart is always out of 22 shells no matter where I check. So I go to Bass pro and get 100 22 shells for $9.00. Where Walmart when they have the 22 shells are $5,50 for 50. That is so stupid, as 22's are not any much good for portection. My 9 mm shells are 412.00 for 50 which is a fair price and they are sold everywhere. I have a20 gage shot gun and keep the slugs as well. I have 4 acers and we target shoot and my grandson's come out and love to shoot the 22. guns can be fun when great respect is used...ALWAYS!

justme

• Like 1

In view of what Mr. Clinton stated at 7 AM the morning of the shooting, while yet bodies were still being removed from the area of the shooting, she called for more gun control. Is more gun control needed?

Chicago has the strictest gun control laws in the United States, yet has the highest numbers op people being shot, and killed. What kind of laws could our country possibly make that could save lives?

As a Christian should we carry or have a gun in our vehicles while traveling? Just what do you say?

justme

I could be considered by some a conspiracy nut.. I question everything, research most things and hold my own speculation,.. There are many questionable points to why I think there is more to this story than what we are lead to think.. It is very possible this is a constructed false flag, if anyone is willing to debate further about this we can do so.. In basic a reason for government to construct such monstrosity is for political aims.. The USA government want rid of citizens having guns.. It's been a very long time coming, the last thing the government want is for citizens to be armed.. In theory they want the control and not the civilians,.. Marshal law comes to mind here.. I had a feeling the Clinton's would jump on the gun control band wagon once again.. Any way to give a dig at Trump but that's another story..

Me being from the UK where it's illegal to buy, sell or own a gun (apart from licensed civilians who want to shoot vermin on private land) we don't really have this issue... However in major cities we have gangs.. Who do manage to get hold of guns on the black market, you will never be able to stop that, the same way you will never stop drugs floating about all over the country..

over here we are not even allowed self protection weapons like knifes, pepper spray or tazers..

the only thing legal we can carry is a pen knife less than 3 inches long and it needs to be a non locking mechanism.. So pretty much a useless tool apart from opening envelopes.

I do feel unsafe here in England.. I personally would feel safer being able to carry something.. I certainly feel like there would be less trouble on the streets, but it will never happen.. We have too many idiots here that can't be trusted.

In a conversation with my mother one time I stated that if were legal I'd have a gun.. I was a licensed security professional at the time & was worried about my families safety should anything happen by repercussion of my job.. My mother looked at me horrified like it was outrageous to suggest such a thing.. I guess where people don't live in a life with guns it seems alien to them..

I did however get a machete and a baseball bat and she kicked off over that!..

I think people should be able to defend themselves.. Should people abuse this I feel there should be harsh consequences, I don't think there is any scriptural comments to why we shouldn't arm ourselves.. I'm all for it personally.

• Like 4

William; Walmart is always out of 22 shells no matter where I check. So I go to Bass pro and get 100 22 shells for $9.00. Where Walmart when they have the 22 shells are $5,50 for 50. That is so stupid, as 22's are not any much good for portection. My 9 mm shells are 412.00 for 50 which is a fair price and they are sold everywhere. I have a20 gage shot gun and keep the slugs as well. I have 4 acers and we target shoot and my grandson's come out and love to shoot the 22. guns can be fun when great respect is used...ALWAYS!

justme

Cheap ammo! Norma Mag rounds cost me some bucks. I never got into loading my own but bought the necessary equipment only to sell the gun. The rounds were around 60.00 dollars for a box of 20!

3Nor3ctgs_400x314.jpg.5982d948c4a8033acb14b64c15c4fbc3.jpg

I was a rifle enthusiast and loved to target shoot. My last rifle was a .308 Norma Mag: foldout bi-pod, 26x optical scope. I no longer own a gun. However, if I could have any gun at this time I'd have a .22 silenced pistol and a .22 magnum or tactical rifle. I believe, if my information is correct, more people have been assassinated with .22 weapons than any other. The bullets are extremely high velocity and with the right grain round rather silent even without a suppressor. Run the right grain and keep the bullet sub-sonic with silencer and the shooter can get off clips and oodles of clips without being detected.

Imagine all those sparrows falling off the telephone lines! J/king

p22_silencer.thumb.jpg.ede24672c93611547911833bc3a1226b.jpg

243938811_Ruger22tactical.thumb.jpg.71bac97caa5de8f91e96b01a88668b44.jpg

Here are the various .22 bullets:

1200px-22_short_22_long_rifle_22_magnum_22_hornet.thumb.JPG.11f7efd32e224657509ad8a6b351ccb5.JPG

• Like 1

I had a feeling the Clinton's would jump on the gun control band wagon once again.

image_638.jpg.e14aadf3be2fb0d510149c6d7697e0c3.jpg

• Like 2

the only thing legal we can carry is a pen knife less than 3 inches long and it needs to be a non locking mechanism.

I carry an auto-loaded Gerber knife. A little while ago I forgot the knife was on me and tried to go into the amusement park. I didn't realize they made people enter through a metal detector. :RpS_blink:

G30-000718-2T.jpg.5dace817d3550e0d757aa50db9bb286d.jpg

• Like 2

Mass murder is nothing new, the only difference is higher quality gun being used that are every now.

I see it the opposite way, put gun on everyones hip pass the age of 18.

I don't own a gun myself, but I do keep a machete on the side of my recliner, if there is ever a time that someone causes a serious problem in my home that machete will clam them down.

I carry an auto-loaded Gerber knife. A little while ago I forgot the knife was on me and tried to go into the amusement park. I didn't realize they made people enter through a metal detector. :RpS_blink:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","height":"415","width":"415","data-attachmentid":51399}[/ATTACH]

Mississippi is very laid back on guns and knives, I've walked around in the local shopping mall with Dutch knife on my hip, and walked into a courtroom for jury duty with a butterfly knife in my pocket. Lol.

• Like 1

Mass murder is nothing new, the only difference is higher quality gun being used that are every now.

I see it the opposite way, put gun on everyones hip pass the age of 18.

I don't own a gun myself, but I do keep a machete on the side of my recliner, if there is ever a time that someone causes a serious problem in my home that machete will clam them down.

Ha ha, typical Texan - put a gun on everyone's hip!

People say that the Bill of Rights were never meant to include the latest and baddest weapons. But they fail to remember the musket was THE weapon back in the day. The avg citizen was armed to the gills.

Bought a musket for home defense

Finally one night I hear a crash

Dawn my powdered wig and petticoat

Musket is ready to fire

My home surround sound system is also primed and ready to play "The Royal Hussars"

Hit Play!!!

"TALLEY HO LADS!"

Blow a hole the size of a grape fruit from .50 cal musket through the first

Run downstairs and into my living room

Two men are carrying out my LED screened TV!

Fired off the Cannon!

Put a basketball sized hole in one

The other attempts to drop my LED and run!

"AFIX BAYONETS GENTLEMEN!"

Charge after him

Jam my bayonet into his rear side as tries to climb back out through the broken window

Call police

He bleeds out because they can't sew up a triangular puncture hole

Have tea!

• Like 1

I keep my 20 gauge shot gun, single shot, rifle,loaded with 8 shot, an my 22 mm rifle which holds 15 rounds, and my 9 mm pistol which holds 10 rounds, all loaded. If I had someone in my house I would do everything possible to get the Peterson to drop to their knees, and call the Sheriff. If the person got smart and ran out that would be good too. IF (and I pray it never happens) I would use my shotgun to defend first, then my 9 mm.

I have had to kill one dog that killed severla chickens, I contacted the owner, she said it was not her dog. A neighbor said the dog was for sure her dog. The next time the dog killed more chickens, I killed her dog. I took her dog back to her and asked again is this your dog? She screened out " you killed my dog" I took the dog off the bed of my truck and left.

We had a bull dog that came to the back door and would not allow us to get to out truck. This happened twice. The last time I shot it with my shot gun, he took off and ran away. We never saw it again. However a woman about a quarter mike away came by to tell us a mountain lion had attacked her dog, and we needed to be on gaurd for it, the dog in her car was the dog I shot.

I do not hunt, but we have deer, rabbits,turkey, and other wild life on our property. I do not think killing a 125 pound deer would be worth the effort. we enjoy seeing out our window much more.

justme

• Like 2

And then a person hears about the college student who decides to surprise his family by coming home from school 'surprise' -- unfortunately is was late at night -- his Dad thought it was a burglar and shot the burglar as he'd come in the front door and walking towards the stairway -- it turned out to be their son. He killed him.

Or the inquisitive child who sees where the parents keep their weapons -- manages to get the key and puts everything together and shoots himself.

Sometimes 'life' simply happens no matter how many precautions are taken. Ban guns, no, of course not. Any more than knives can / would be banned because instead of using a gun, someone uses knives to attack.

• Like 1