The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
mitchel

I pledge the elegence, a christian veiw

I pledge the elegance, a Christian’s view.

Our pledge says one nation under God. Who’s God is that? . Do we not honor Jesus and The Father and the Ghost. So what is is the real rub. They say we need unity. Who’s unity ? Something to ponder.

I see no problem to honor ones country, but the issue is far greater than the NFL. It is about identity and loyalty. The quest comes to me “ who will you serve”. Who do Christians serve. Not just Americans but the believers of the world.

When Abraham sojourned in the land to find the place God would show him it was said “he was looking for that city who builder and maker was God” What kingdom and city are we looking for. I can tell you right now that honoring our country is very temporal, and more so than we could ever have believed. So who are we rooting for. Is it for NFL payers that resist the demands of President Trump. I have already said this goes far beyond the football fields.

The time is coming when identity and honor will be printed own ones hand. You look at our president who says if one does not stand and honor our flag get rid of the SOB. What will happen when a certain leader will say that about us?

Who do you serve ? Our relationship with North Korea was said to be a powder keg. How show we stand? As for me, I will honor Christ

Edited by mitchel

I pledge the elegance, a Christian’s view.

Our pledge says one nation after God. Who’s God is that . Do we not honor Jesus and The Father and the Ghost. So what is is the real rub. They say we need unity. Who’s unity ? Something to ponder.

I see no problem to honor ones country, but the issue is far greater than the NFL. It is about identity and loyalty. The quest comes to me “ who will you serve”. Who do Christians serve. Not just Americans but the believers of the world. When Abraham sojourned in the land to find the place God would show him. It was said “he was looking for that city who builder and maker was God” What kingdom and city are we looking for. I can tell you right now that honoring our country is very temporal, and more so than we could ever have believed. So who are we rooting for. Is it for NFL payers that resist the demands of President Trump. I have already said this goes far beyond the football fields.

The time is coming when identity and honor will be printed own ones hand. You look at our president who says if one does not stand and honor our flag get rid of the SOB. What will happen when a certain leader will say that about us?

The Pledge says One nation "UNDER" God. Lemme ask you, do you think someone's country should come before God? Or are you arguing for the pledge of ALLEGIANCE? God first, country follows. Our decision making should be held according to the absolute moral giver, "the Creator" which the Declaration of Independence says is a right given to all men. In context if we remove endowed by their creator to those who have a right in the pursuit of certain unalienable rights then we have the pursuit of something unholy. But, since the Declaration of Independence invokes the name of God, certain unalienable rights are dictated by God. In other words, because a pedophile finds happiness in raping children, or a thief finds happiness in plundering and stealing, such action is not considered a right because of God being invoked. Mind you Obama whenever reading the Declaration of Independence stripped God from out of the context and reading of the Declaration of Independence.

You ask whose God? The 1st amendment says that is the none of the business of the State. And the 2nd amendment follows which puts the power in the people's hands to ensure it.

As far as not standing for the pledge of allegiance, I'd much rather someone follow the principle in the pledge and take two knees and pray for our nation. It sickens me that politics (liberal) has infiltrated a sporting events in order to convey a message. For me, as someone that has served his country, the most difficult aspect of living in the U.S. is accepting the right of another to protest or oppose a view or the freedoms in which I served or fought for. That means, I as all other soldiers either served or died on the field so other people could take a knee, and so that I could stand for the pledge. I have no issue with someone expressing their disdain for the flag. The problem I have is when I am forced to bend a knee before something or someone I will not stand for.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

The Pledge say One nation "UNDER" God. Lemme ask you, do you think someone's country should come before God? Or are you arguing for the pledge of ALLEGIANCE? God first, country follows. Our decision making should be held according to the absolute moral giver, "the Creator" which the Declaration of Independence says is a right given to all men. In context if we remove endowed by their creator to those who have a right in the pursuit of certain unalienable rights then we have the pursuit of something unholy. But, since the Declaration of Independence invokes the name of God, certain unalienable rights are dictated by God. In other words, because a pedophile finds happiness in raping children, or a thief finds happiness in plundering and stealing, such action is not considered a right because of God being invoked. Mind you Obama whenever reading the Declaration of Independence stripped God from out of the context and reading of the Declaration of Independence.

You ask whose God? The 1st amendment says that is the none of the business of the State. And the 2nd amendment follows which puts the power in the people's hands to ensure it.

As far as not standing for the pledge of allegiance, I'd much rather someone follow the principle in the pledge and take two knees and pray for our nation. It sickens me that politics (liberal) has infiltrated a sporting events in order to convey a message. For me, as someone that has served his country, the most difficult aspect of living in the U.S. is accepting the right of another to protest or oppose a view or the freedoms in which I served or fought for. That means, I as all other soldiers either served or died on the field so other people could take a knee, and so that I could stand for the pledge. I have no issue with someone expressing their disdain for the flag. The problem I have is when I am forced to bend a knee before something or someone I will not stand for.

God bless,

William

William you miss the point. You really need read and try to see the message of my post. This message is for us who are of Christ and that what we see going on between the NFL is only the tip of a huge iceberg. Maybe better said a snow ball rolling down a mountain and it is going to affect every believer to make a stand or not. Jesus said when the fig tree blooms then you know that summer is very close, even at the door.

William you miss the point. You really need read and try to see the message of my post. This message is for us who are of Christ and that what we see going on between the NFL is only the tip of a huge iceberg. Maybe better said a snow ball rolling down a mountain and it is going to affect every believer to make a stand or not. Jesus said when the fig tree blooms then you know that summer is very close, even at the door.

Are you familiar with the actual wording of the Pledge of Allegiance?

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Exactly what is your problem with the pledge?

Do you have a problem pledging an allegiance to a flag or country, and republic for which it stands <<<< Under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all?

Exactly what point do you take issue with?

And of course there is a deeper underlying issue. People only care about "selfism". They will not stand for anything greater than themselves, not a country under God and definitely not liberty and justice which are from God.

God bless,

William

Are you familiar with the actual wording of the Pledge of Allegiance?

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Exactly what is your problem with the pledge?

Do you have a problem pledging an allegiance to a flag or country, and republic for which it stands <<<< Under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all?

Exactly what point do you take issue with?

And of course there is a deeper underlying issue. People only care about "selfism". They will not stand for anything greater than themselves, not a country under God and definitely not liberty and justice which are from God.

God bless,

William

I like to say it a little different but first I do not have a problem with the pledge. We are all men even of many nations under God not like are the only one. How else were we created. The pledge states one nation under God, but really that is not correct. Hear is the problem, we all are under God, but not all are with God. Jesus died and rose again for those who would honor Him who sits at the right hand of God even to the death

Aside from the that you still miss what I was truly saying. P- Trump said if you are in our country he says you must honor our country and its flag. This really comes down to personal identity. One day soon another will demand your identity and we will resist it as Christians. Do you not see it. Trump demands we identify with America, which for now we have no problem as true Americans but that will not always be the case. I pray that this helps you understand The sheep will be separated from the goats and the tares from the wheat.