The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

School Board Decides Students Will Not be Permitted to Opt Out of Transgender Lessons

California students at a charter school will not be able to opt out of lessons on transgenderism after the school board voted this week.

More...

This is why if at all possible homeschooling is best. But if my kids went to a California school I would not allow my child to be in that class. If I had to fight it to the highest Court. Just some added info, I went from kindergarten all the way to High School in California. As a sadder note I only read two books in all those years, Box Car Children and the Red Badge of Courage, which I nicked named The Bloody Bandage of a Coward. I can honestly say the schools were pretty good back 53 years ago.

justme

• Like 1

This is why if at all possible homeschooling is best. But if my kids went to a California school I would not allow my child to be in that class. If I had to fight it to the highest Court. Just some added info, I went from kindergarten all the way to High School in California. As a sadder note I only read two books in all those years, Box Car Children and the Red Badge of Courage, which I nicked named The Boody Bandage of a Coward.

Yeah, homeschool is the way to go if possible, I agree.

• Like 1

This is ridiculous. When I went to school we had members of one faith opt out of lessons where videos were shown as it was against their faith to watch television. If these classes are about biological sex, then shouldn't they fall under the sex-ed opt-out?

The school's policies aren't going to accomplish what they want either. Hauling a five-year-old to the principle for using the wrong pronoun (and note, even the school says it was "inadvertantly misgendering" so the child was not bullying or harrassing the other) at an age when some think that all cats are female and dogs are male isn't going to breed transgender tolerance, just resentment. Most children won't see someone with a condition that needs sympathy. Whether boy or girl, they'll see a person who being near gets them told off and that won't help the child make friends or be accepted.

Topics or discussions or requirements or ideas or suggestions about this mind-numbing diabolical "educational system" for children is beyond deplorable, beyond disgusting. For Christians, it is the obvious revelation of blatant heresy.. For non-Christians it is blatant blaspheme. That day of reckoning is coming, and soon. Christians all across the USA should pull their children out of any similar classes without delay.

• Like 2

Topics or discussions or requirements or ideas or suggestions about this mind-numbing diabolical "educational system" for children is beyond deplorable, beyond disgusting. For Christians, it is the obvious revelation of blatant heresy.. For non-Christians it is blatant blaspheme. That day of reckoning is coming, and soon. Christians all across the USA should pull their children out of any similar classes without delay.

I agree, this is ridiculous.

• Like 1