The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Innerfire89

You're done driving now.

Hyway 80 in Mississippi has lots curves, hills, and narrow bridges. Not a good road for a school bus full of children to be speeding on. But today while I was coming home from town and in the side view mirror a school bus crossing over one of those narrow bridges with a log truck on the other side, they had about half a foot between each other. It flew up behind us and just missed plowing us off the road. Then this idiot decided to pass us on a cruve with a double soilid line and almost had a head on collision with a car in the other lane, the had to go off the road or it would have been crushed like a tin can.

So we tried to catch up with the bus to take it's number, but it was too fast. So then we see the bus stopped on a side road, my mother was driving and didn't want to pull over and stop him.

Now if I were driving I would have stopped and taken his keys. We got his number and reported him, but wanted him off the road then and there.

How would you handle something like that?

Having been a school bus driver while in seminary I can say for certain call the school superintendent office with all the information you have. that driver could be on drugs or asleep. You will save a childs life.

So di it asap.

justme

• Like 1

Having been a school bus driver while in seminary I can say for certain call the school superintendent office with all the information you have. that driver could be on drugs or asleep. You will save a childs life.

So di it asap.

justme

He must have been high or he just didn't care, he was going about 80 MPH on a 65 MPH road, it might have been 45 MPH on that section of the road because the narrow bridge lead to a curve.

​​​​​​

He must have been high or he just didn't care, he was going about 80 MPH on a 65 MPH road, it might have been 45 MPH on that section of the road because the narrow bridge lead to a curve.

​​​​​​

I would have not broken any speed laws or lane provisions in order to catch up with him. I would have approached him off the side of the road. Would he have opened the bus door? Would he have put his peddle to the medal? Did you have a cell phone for calling 911? If not, once inside the bus would you have sternly, but not loud and angrily said, "Sir, hand me the keys. I'm going to call 911. Or "Sir, step our of the driver's seat. please. I'm going to call 911." If you were responding in anger, that would give you a moment to calm down. If not, you could smile as you asked each question.

• Like 1

I would have not broken any speed laws or lane provisions in order to catch up with him. I would have approached him off the side of the road. Would he have opened the bus door? Would he have put his peddle to the medal? Did you have a cell phone for calling 911? If not, once inside the bus would you have sternly, but not loud and angrily said, "Sir, hand me the keys. I'm going to call 911. Or "Sir, step our of the driver's seat. please. I'm going to call 911." If you were responding in anger, that would give you a moment to calm down. If not, you could smile as you asked each question.

We didn't go any faster than the seed limit, I called the sheriff and the preschool he was driving for as soon as I got the number of the bus.

I would have been calm and but I wouldn't let him leave if I could to anything about it. I don't think it would be possible for me to have a smile.

If I was the one driving I would have blooked of the road in front of him and called the police at that time while telling him not to go anywhere.

In Mississippi there's a shortage of police officers, it takes a good twenty minutes at least for them to get to you.

Things may not have came out as I planned, all I know is this guy was likely to kill someone the way he was driving.

If "YOU" pulled him over, or entered the bus while he was on duty you might have been the one punnished. The proper way is to call the police or highway patrol, or the school district bus superintendent. Interfering with a driver could get you put in jail. Laws are odd from state to state. If there in no other way to get him stopped you might consider pulling in fromt of him, making him stop and preventing him from driving any further. then wait for authorities to come.

justme

• Like 1

We didn't go any faster than the seed limit, I called the sheriff and the preschool he was driving for as soon as I got the number of the bus.

I would have been calm and but I wouldn't let him leave if I could to anything about it. I don't think it would be possible for me to have a smile.

If I was the one driving I would have blooked of the road in front of him and called the police at that time while telling him not to go anywhere.

In Mississippi there's a shortage of police officers, it takes a good twenty minutes at least for them to get to you.

In some states, blocking traffic or another vehicle is illegal, and it sounds as though if you had blocked him you could not have relied on the police to arrive quickly to do anything about the problem.

Given the number of road rage incidents, I think all you could safely do was to call the authorities and the school. If you'd blocked him, and he was high or otherwise impaired, there's a risk he may have rammed your car with the bus, or simply not reacted in time to stop, and with the children on board that could have resulted in injuries that would have made a bad situation worse. The only other thing that you might have done would be to record his driving if you had a cellphone or dashcam so there was a record of what you saw to provide to the police and school.

• Like 1

In some states, blocking traffic or another vehicle is illegal, and it sounds as though if you had blocked him you could not have relied on the police to arrive quickly to do anything about the problem.

Given the number of road rage incidents, I think all you could safely do was to call the authorities and the school. If you'd blocked him, and he was high or otherwise impaired, there's a risk he may have rammed your car with the bus, or simply not reacted in time to stop, and with the children on board that could have resulted in injuries that would have made a bad situation worse. The only other thing that you might have done would be to record his driving if you had a cellphone or dashcam so there was a record of what you saw to provide to the police and school.

He was already stopped and letting kids of the bus. But I get what you're saying.

I imagine I'm not the only one who called him in, it looked like there might have been another adult on the bus.