The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
mitchel

Hope for America ?

standwithfg.jpg

Is this a true statement?. Let me say this before I go on. I have great respect for Billy Graham. and Franklin. as everyone knows my Problem is the church and politics. The church leaders in the for front through radio and TV and adds such as this one that idea project Jesus is a politician, and that there is need for church involvement with the political system.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/kathleen-brown/

standwithfg.jpg

Edited by mitchel

I agree 100%, whose face in on the coin? Give unto God the things that are God's, and give unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's. Remember my brother the road to hell is wide and crooked and many be that follower it. Not everyone who calls me Lord, Lord, will enter heaven, but those who do the will of God. This includes big time ministers, let us contain to walk in love, and this is how you will know my, by the love they have for one for another. We hear so much about faith, faith, faith, but faith works by love. Many will say in that day, I have done great things in your name, and he will say I never knew you. Isn't it ironic that Jesus said the poor man died and went to heaven while the rich man went to hell. Having a lot of money, or having things, home, cars, is not a sign of being born again. You must be born again.

Here is always hope, don't be like of Boromir.

Anyone that thinks that Babylon has any hope in it got out of the right boat and chose to get in the boat that sinking.

Jesus is the only hope. Get back into His boat and don't look back. This world will melt with a fervent heat

The only hope in America is for the individual citizen. The country as a whole is beyond hope. It's only a matter of time before America is no more.

I have always been against Religion mixing with politics because of the strange bedfellows that a gained by such a grouping.

I think that since God made the entire world and brought Jew and Gentile together under Christ that he has no special love for any country.

Has anyone ever heard of a preacher called Martyn Lloyd-Jones

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martyn_Lloyd-Jones

Here is a catalog of his sermons,

https://www.mljtrust.org/sermons/

His sermons on on the book of Acts is very informational of what the Christian Church is about and what it's not about.

Most of these recording happened around 1965 and that was when the countr culture was begining to wreak havoc in the US and England.. If you forgive me for putting what I believe are one and one together, I would come up with the idea that the Christian church began moving into the world of politics at that time to try and stem the tide of this new morality and in so begin to fall into the partisan world of political intrigue that we see unfolding today.

Any hope for America is not in politics. The modern American church is too bedeviled by politics. If there is to be any hope the church must return to proclaiming and living the gospel faithfully. Currently the church is having no real impact on society. People must be changed inwardly before they can be changed outwardly. The early church turned the world upside down by proclaiming Christ and by showing their love for one another. That is what got the worlds attention.

• Like 2

Any hope for America is not in politics. The modern American church is too bedeviled by politics. If there is to be any hope the church must return to proclaiming and living the gospel faithfully. Currently the church is having no real impact on society. People must be changed inwardly before they can be changed outwardly. The early church turned the world upside down by proclaiming Christ and by showing their love for one another. That is what got the worlds attention.

Amen, brother Amen! The early church moved from a few dozen men to the recognized faith of a world superpower in less than two centuries.

• Like 1

Yes brother in a short time Christians were everywhere throughout the Roman empire. All evidence of the working of the Spirit of God. They had no television, no internet, no mass media, and in fact they had no printing press, and their impact upon their culture was profound.

• Like 1

Yes the early church puts us moderns to shame.They took Christ everywhere and were willing to suffer and die for their Savior (which was always a very real possibility)

Yes the early church puts us moderns to shame.They took Christ everywhere and were willing to suffer and die for their Savior (which was always a very real possibility)

I sometimes wonder that if those tortures were still alive today, would we have so many denominations and would the Catholic Church have throne themselves into the excesses that they did that pushed Martin Luther to post those Theseus on that church door. Would we be unraveling into the salloon churches that allow so much that is totally unBiblical?. Would we be pulled into these prosperity churches and these mega churches or would we be strong enough through our personal syffering and to stand up to these people like Benny Henn and Joel Olstein and rid our communities of these vipers?

• Like 1

Not likely at all I think. Persecution has a way of separating the wheat from the chaff. Christians would have to set aside their petty differences and come together as Christians. The church I think would truly be evangelical and catholic The Joel Osteens and Benny Hinn types would not be tolerated as Simon Magus and Annanias and Sapphira were not.

• Like 1

Not likely at all I think. Persecution has a way of separating the wheat from the chaff. Christians would have to set aside their petty differences and come together as Christians. The church I think would truly be evangelical and catholic The Joel Osteens and Benny Hinn types would not be tolerated as Simon Magus and Annanias and Sapphira were not.

Agreed. I sometimes think that God's grace has given us the respite to undermine ourselves by our own desentions. I'm not saying that God did this intentional, but he may have allowed the West to remain virtually untouched by the enemies of Christianity for so long as a test for all of us.

Some people might say that I'm saying that God has lead us into temptation, by saying this, but I'm not. I'm saying that God might have granted us the time to make the fools of ourselves that we have in order to allow us to learn about our weaknesses in the faith and our own arogance at thinking we can fully understand anything without his guidance.

Seeing some of the posts I've seen on some of the Christian debate site, of which there are several,, I would submit that a fair number of people have read themselves into the Bible rather than read the Bible into them.

I look at the Parable of the Sower and sometimes think he was give us a heads up on how he will test us in the modern era.

Yes strife and dissension seems to describe the modern church. Persecution has a way of unifying Christians. Freedom of religion has been a mixed blessing. While we enjoy freedom of worship and belief we have not (until recently) had to face persecution and that has made us soft.Just was reading Galatians this morning and among the works of the flesh are dissensions, rivalries, divisions, and strife. Unfortunately it sounds like modern Christianity in America.Judgment begins at the house of God first. Persecution has a way of conforming us to Christ of developing a faith that works through love. It is through much suffering that we enter the kingdom of God. Prosperity tends to lead us to worship the creature rather than the creator. I think we are reaping the bitter fruit of that truth in our day and nation.

So true Beau Michel A time of separation may be in store for our nation. Time for Christians to end the strife of constant debate about issues that have plagued Christianity for centuries without resolution.

I just saw the following posted on another Chtistian site and I nearly fell out of my seat.

I responded to it with that which is qouted below the first quote.

There's much row now about the recent Donald Trump's move to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and to transfer there the USA embassy presently based in Tel Aviv. Muslim communities worldwide are busting with indignation, and it becomes increasingly evident that street protests, violence, clashes with the Israeli police and threats to Israeli citizens themselves will predictably have legs. While the League of Arab States keeps demanding, with no success so far, that the UN should agree to resolution condemning the USA president's recent rulings, and is getting prepared for introduction of the joint anti-American sanctions, radical Islamic elements are openly calling for the world-wide pursuit of American citizens.

By no doubts, it could come to no good, for once again blood of innocent Americans may be shed due to lack of foresight with the politicians. Radical Islam advocates have already posted in the Inet their call for attacking American athletes and fans at South Korean Winter Olympic Games.

pict.jpg.64f9e3e6ca0416d52d15787d39834b2f.jpg

Translation from Arabic:

A fatwa blessing attacks against American and Israeli athletes during the Winter Olympic Games in South Korea

After Trump had formally recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, the American and Israeli foes of Islam immediately rushed headlong into killing our Palestinian brothers who, not sparing themselves, have been standing up for the lands that belong to Muslims, as of right. Many mujahedeen are feeling oppressed amid lack of any relevant action and they are seeking an answer to the question on how they can oppose infidels. Issuing of this fatwa is due to this.

Allah inherited us with many tools of fighting our enemies throughout the world. And so that to teach infidels the lesson mujahedeen must cast their eyes now on the Olympic Games in South Korea, the place where our American and Israeli foes are to gather soon. Long ago the fighters of the Black September group, though small in number but strong in faith, proved it to infidels that there was no chance for them to escape the righteous anger.

This is a message and a call for all the Muslim brothers in the world to join and act as one whole force so that to make the snow in South Korea red with the blood of our foes. With all the spot on North Korea now and blessings of Allah upon us, we can demonstrate to the world our strength and unity.

Apart from that, infuriated Arabs now actively expressing their criticism on Muslim forums are threatening to go further. In their commenting of news on recognition of Jerusalem as an Israeli capital there are calls being voiced for joint action to oppose American foreign policy by open violence against Americans in various regions of the world:

yout.jpg.c1f1c813ea10d62c07bfb409f60a6a9e.jpg

People want jihad (Qur'an, 9:24) "Say, [O Muhammad], If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your relatives, wealth which you have obtained, commerce wherein you fear decline, and dwellings with which you are pleased are more beloved to you than Allah and His Messenger and jihad in His course, then wait until Allah executes His command. And Allah does not guide the defiantly disobedient people". I want jihad.

scre.jpg.c2541f357a7bce697fb31e58b80d021f.jpg

This is an unfortunate or humiliating decision we've got to deal with now. Dependent Arab states under the American hegemony are depriving us of everything, starting with our dignity and ending with our capabilities. The time of forfeit has arrived. Retaliatory blow is pending at the 2018 Olympic Games. It will come into history the same way it occurred in September 2001, and this is what we promise you.

The recent attempted terrorist attack at New York transit hub visibly demonstrates that Islamic cells inside the USA have got the message, and American citizens should stay aware of it inside their own country constantly looking round from now on.

Mt responses:

AND?

I am many times surprised at those Christians who are seeming so afraid of the deaths that will come from the adherents of a false religion, spurred on by the same Devil that has been the enemy of God, for so many years, when so many who cling to this false religion are so unafraid of the deaths that will be coming their way in the process.

We either know where we are going or we don't.

We are either ready to die for our causes or we are not.

If that cause is to die the martyrs death so that the prophecies can be fulfilled, then I am all for of that, since we will be dying on our feet and not on our knees.

I might add for those here this question

If we are far less ready to die for our God in today's world that the Muslims are afraid to die for their fictional God, then why should we assume that he will count us among those he died for. I just don't get the logic here. Freedom is not free, nor is salvation. Both come with a cost and If we are willing to pay the ultimate cost, then we don't deserve either of them and we certainly don't deserve GOD!

Massive persecution is coming to America this coupled with natural disasters, and famine. But this will transform America and clean out the rot.

Fear nothing trust in Jesus.