The Protestant Community

Are you Protestant? Or, are you sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. Register in less than a minute, it is simple, fast, and free! We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another forum.

Enjoy your fellowship

In order to understand the importance of Christian fellowship, we must first understand what Christian fellowship is and what it isn’t. The Greek words translated “fellowship” in the New Testament mean essentially a partnership to the mutual benefit of those involved. Christian fellowship, then, is the mutually beneficial relationship between Christians, who can’t have the identical relationship with those outside the faith. Those who believe the gospel are united in the Spirit through Christ to the Father, and that unity is the basis of fellowship. This relationship is described by Jesus in His high-priestly prayer for His followers in John 17:23. The importance of true Christian fellowship is that it reinforces Christ centeredness in our mind and helps us to focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us. As iron sharpens iron, in true Christian fellowship Christians sharpen one another's faith and stir one another to exercise that faith in love and good works, all to God’s glory.
CDF47

Does Anyone Here Post in Atheist Forums?

It is a struggle, I agree. I pretty much do the same thing and sometimes listen if something important or interesting comes on. Otherwise, I just keep it off. I get some news from the Internet but even a lot of that is questionable. Hardly anyone reports on (https://fightgangstalking.com/what-is-gang-stalking/) which is one of the big problems in this country.

I agree that the news networks do little to cover the real problems going on, but they certainly add to the confusion.I also think that some issues may be fabricated entirely, though I try not to get too involved in "conspiracy theories." I remember Jesus' words:

"And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet." - Matthew 24:6

• Like 1

Reading the comments about Californians' moving east to escape the liberalism -- Or -- to bring it with them in order to liberalize the rest of us. Maybe 'they' want the 'rest of us' to Grow up. I'm from Iowa originally and now from Texas. God's Word is righteous / holy living. Far healthier than being liberal and following the concept of "if it feels good, Do it"

There was a family in a Baptist church we'd gone to years ago. The husband had been promoted in his job and was being relocated to California. They had teenagers in their family. They found that the atmosphere -- even at church -- was too relaxed -- very little standards outside the church. They moved back 'here' for the sake of their kids.

I've found the standards for TV programming have gone down hill fairly quickly. Especially this past year or so. I mainly watch Fox News to keep up with almost daily if not just weekly happenings. As much as we Don't Like what's happening in the world around us, we Need to be aware of what's going on. There are programs with the forensics that I find really interesting -- but, of course, there is the crime involved in order to use the forensics. But lost of the programs -- Law and Order / SUV -- a person gets to know the actors and the 'working together' atmosphere. But in the meantime, we Also see how evil people really can be to one another. If programs like that help promote the evil? People are willing to be paid to act in those programs. Would family friendly programs Be watched?! Are we controlling our viewing or the viewing controlling us.

Our pastor said that since they are raising their younger grandson -- that they sit down with him when he watches T.V. -- they change channels when ever questionable language is used. I thought 'they won't be watching much T.V. that way' and then lately -- it's more the sexual undertones / innuendo that's present. There are programs that are so light-hearted / almost comical in nature -- in the intent of making the 'questionable' appear to be just fine and cute.

As much as we Don't Like what's happening in the world around us, we Need to be aware of what's going on.

Unfortunately, much (if not most) of the news, does not really inform anyone as to what is actually "going on" in the world. So much of it is nothing more than misinformation and scripted narrative.

• Like 1

I agree that the news networks do little to cover the real problems going on, but they certainly add to the confusion.I also think that some issues may be fabricated entirely, though I try not to get too involved in "conspiracy theories." I remember Jesus' words:

"And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet." - Matthew 24:6

The news propaganda machine definitely adds to the Babylon of confusion. I would bet that they make some stuff up as well. At least it is getting talked about openly a bit more now than in previous years. Then people realized mass surveillance was happening in the US and things started to change a bit.

Great quote. Jesus' prophecies all have and all will come true.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, much (if not most) of the news, does not really inform anyone as to what is actually "going on" in the world. So much of it is nothing more than misinformation and scripted narrative.

Exactly

Reading the comments about Californians' moving east to escape the liberalism -- Or -- to bring it with them in order to liberalize the rest of us. Maybe 'they' want the 'rest of us' to Grow up. I'm from Iowa originally and now from Texas. God's Word is righteous / holy living. Far healthier than being liberal and following the concept of "if it feels good, Do it"

Hi Sue,

My point is that Conservative areas are appealing to live in because of the low cost of living: housing median, and low tax rate. Liberals get fed up here in California (10 million have exodused in the last decade) with its incredible taxes and overall housing costs. They move to Conservative areas outside of California to take advantage of decreased regulation and government control. Instead, they appeal to the same ideology which runs down strong Conservative areas. As liberals leave liberal areas and move into Conservative areas they vote into office liberal politicians which increase regulation and government control that requires increased taxation to run. This is contrary to the reason why they moved into a Conservative areas in the first place.

The number one place the majority of Californians move to is the state of Texas. There are areas that are low cost of living that are run by liberals, but I don't see people flocking statistically to Detroit or Chicago. Though they have a low housing median the areas controlled by liberals are not "desirable".

Regarding schools, I live in a fairly conservative town here in California. The schools in my town are rated high in contrast to nearby areas. My personal theory is that this is the result of lower Hispanic population. More children are English speaking here than in other areas where children are brought up speaking a non-English tongue at home. Of course the liberal solution is to get rid of English requirements in school to offset the "disadvantage" and passing off the advantage as white privilege.

God bless,

William

Hi Sue,

My point is that Conservative areas are appealing to live in because of the low cost of living: housing median, and low tax rate. Liberals get fed up here in California (10 million have exodused in the last decade) with its incredible taxes and overall housing costs. They move to Conservative areas outside of California to take advantage of decreased regulation and government control. Instead, they appeal to the same ideology which runs down strong Conservative areas. As liberals leave liberal areas and move into Conservative areas they vote into office liberal politicians which increase regulation and government control that requires increased taxation to run. This is contrary to the reason why they moved into a Conservative areas in the first place.

The number one place the majority of Californians move to is the state of Texas. There are areas that are low cost of living that are run by liberals, but I don't see people flocking statistically to Detroit or Chicago. Though they have a low housing median the areas controlled by liberals are not "desirable".

Regarding schools, I live in a fairly conservative town here in California. The schools in my town are rated high in contrast to nearby areas. My personal theory is that this is the result of lower Hispanic population. More children are English speaking here than in other areas where children are brought up speaking a non-English tongue at home. Of course the liberal solution is to get rid of English requirements in school to offset the "disadvantage" and passing off the advantage as white privilege.

God bless,

William

That's interesting -- they move to Texas.

Chicago has one of the highest crime rate over-all. And Detroit has other problems.

Ah, yes, the Hispanic influence !!!! In our school district -- there are both English and Spanish classes. Bi-lingual classes. A person goes most anywhere and it's a combo of Spanish / English. And then there's the non-legal people. And the fight to Keep Sanctuary Cities. Austin is almost 'right next door'. Lots of people are all for getting Rid of them. Apparently 'they' feel it's 'better' to keep families with children together. But they also have the higher crime rates than other areas. Now, just Maybe, the people are scared to clamp down too much. We don't really know how many families of the officials are being threatened... and the cartel -- it's here whether we like it or not.

Lots of problems with No easy answers. We reap what we allow to be sown.

Personally I'd like to learn Spanish -- but my husband is one who feels 'you're in America -- speak English" And the Spanish population is pretty satisfied to stick with Spanish and learn only very basic English.

Just an update.  I've been banned from The Thinking Atheist forum.  Crazy how the atheist broke every forum rule there was but I got banned for proselytizing simply by answering their religious questions.  Anyway, I found a better atheist forum to post in if anyone is interested.  The link is below:

https://atheistforums.org/index.php

17 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

Just an update.  I've been banned from The Thinking Atheist forum.  Crazy how the atheist broke every forum rule there was but I got banned for proselytizing simply by answering their religious questions.  Anyway, I found a better atheist forum to post in if anyone is interested.  The link is below:

https://atheistforums.org/index.php

Now honestly you really didn't believe they would play by the rules, did you?:classic_laugh:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Civilwarbuff said:

Now honestly you really didn't believe they would play by the rules, did you?:classic_laugh:

No, I didn't really think that.

I have visited atheist forums in the past and shook my head. From reading only several threads I realised the regular commenters were anti-theists**, not just atheists. They were mockers of all aspects of Christianity.  

I have enough "don't care/ religion is a crutch/ what about UFOs" atheists in my life and so I don't have the desire to argue against anti-theists online. I admire Christians who are willing to defend the faith in such challenging forums though.

** atheists determined to spread their unbelief and hatred of the Christian God. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JoeyH said:

I have visited atheist forums in the past and shook my head. From reading only several threads I realised the regular commenters were anti-theists**, not just atheists. They were mockers of all aspects of Christianity.  

I have enough "don't care/ religion is a crutch/ what about UFOs" atheists in my life and so I don't have the desire to argue against anti-theists online. I admire Christians who are willing to defend the faith in such challenging forums though.

** atheists determined to spread their unbelief and hatred of the Christian God. 

That's totally understandable.  I have left from posting a number of times because I couldn't stand it anymore but I end up returning for the debates.  It is not the most fun posting there is but I like taking on their claims.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

That's totally understandable.  I have left from posting a number of times because I couldn't stand it anymore but I end up returning for the debates.  It is not the most fun posting there is but I like taking on their claims.  

How friendly are atheist forums to Christians who use the bible to defend their position as well as intellectual arguments?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Civilwarbuff said:

a better atheist forum 

Oxymoron  😀

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Becky said:

Oxymoron  😀

🤣

3 hours ago, JoeyH said:

How friendly are atheist forums to Christians who use the bible to defend their position as well as intellectual arguments?

They are horrible.

1 hour ago, Becky said:

Oxymoron  😀

LOL...I meant one that doesn't appear it will ban a user for the reasons I was banned.

• Haha 1

Still posting on the atheist forum.  After being banned from the Thinking Atheist website for no good reason, I now visit atheistforums.org.  It definitely gets tiresome arguing with non-believers.  There is an army of them and they are a rude and disrespectful bunch.  Maybe someone will get the message there and be saved.  I try to stick to Intelligent Design arguments but they just use straw man, ridicule, and other manipulative debating tactics.