The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Just Mike

North Korea

I wonder how many churches yesterday (8/13/17) remembered to pray for this situation? A lot of would could die if N K shot did as they have threatened. Our church said nothing just a note in the hand out to pray for our government. Sad in deed.

justme

The threat that North Korea poses to world peace isn't the only reason we need to pray for it. According to Open Doors the most severe persecution of Christians in the world takes place in North Korea.

https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christian-persecution/world-watch-list/

There's a prayer group at our church that prays for our nation , our leaders, and N. Korea most recently. We're also in the process of building a new church building. It's about half way done.

Sue D

I wonder how many churches yesterday (8/13/17) remembered to pray for this situation? A lot of would could die if N K shot did as they have threatened. Our church said nothing just a note in the hand out to pray for our government. Sad in deed.

Mitch

Kim's bad behavior as reckless as it is like a game to get what they want. Iran did it also. Still the situation is acute but how should we pray. That they and the rest of the world to lay down their arms and be buddies for the sake of peace in the world? Do you think some strong leader in the world should step up and enforce peace in the world. What do you think? Is there someone that might fill the bill and unify the world. Don't think I am downing that we shoulf pray , but how should we pray. That will take a little more knowledge and understanding of Gods word. It's not just all a message about how we all should get along.

There's a prayer group at our church that prays for our nation , our leaders, and N. Korea most recently. We're also in the process of building a new church building. It's about half way done.

How do you pray for our nation? I could talk a lot about this. Im looking at many of the scripture that tells us to pray for out governments and leaders. Yet something leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

The threat that North Korea poses to world peace isn't the only reason we need to pray for it. According to Open Doors the most severe persecution of Christians in the world takes place in North Korea.

https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christi...ld-watch-list/

don't think that terrible torture and treatment of Christians is a localized problem, but the Lord never mislead us about that. The Lord has a bride and Im not just talking about pet denominations. Jesus said give to me silver and gold tried in the fire.

Sue D

Mitch

Kim's bad behavior as reckless as it is like a game to get what they want. Iran did it also. Still the situation is acute but how should we pray. That they and the rest of the world to lay down their arms and be buddies for the sake of peace in the world? Do you think some strong leader in the world should step up and enforce peace in the world. What do you think? Is there someone that might fill the bill and unify the world. Don't think I am downing that we shoulf pray , but how should we pray. That will take a little more knowledge and understanding of Gods word. It's not just all a message about how we all should get along.

How do you pray for our nation? I could talk a lot about this. Im looking at many of the scripture that tells us to pray for out governments and leaders. Yet something leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

We've been praying that God would intervene in the life of that leader. Of course war leaves a bad taste in all of our mouths. This world is getting more and more dangerous by the week. Wars and rumors of war and threatened war / retaliation. Maybe we're simply need to realize that God IS in control. And that we have an eternal home to look forward to. That God Does put / allow the leaders to be where they are. For His own purposes. Like Pharoah in the Old Testament -- God was allowing Pharoah to do what he did in order to show His power. They were living through a 'mess' and we can look back and see what happened. We are living In mess after mess and every so often we Can see God working. And sometimes God lets us see what kind of people we really are. Do we encourage each other? Do we acknowledge God's power / sovereignty? And here I am sounding more 'spiritual' than I usually do.

We pray that we'll be willing to accept God's Will in situations. We Need to realize that God really does know what's best Now -- we don't know / can't see His Big picture. Be found faithful Now.

And remember back when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor -- the U.S. responded back in a very meaningful way.

IF N.Korea Does decide to act stupidly -- the U.S. will respond back. And he Has backed down -- at least for now. So -- we Do see God's working.

• Like 2

We've been praying that God would intervene in the life of that leader. Of course war leaves a bad taste in all of our mouths. This world is getting more and more dangerous by the week. Wars and rumors of war and threatened war / retaliation. Maybe we're simply need to realize that God IS in control. And that we have an eternal home to look forward to. That God Does put / allow the leaders to be where they are. For His own purposes. Like Pharoah in the Old Testament -- God was allowing Pharoah to do what he did in order to show His power. They were living through a 'mess' and we can look back and see what happened. We are living In mess after mess and every so often we Can see God working. And sometimes God lets us see what kind of people we really are. Do we encourage each other? Do we acknowledge God's power / sovereignty? And here I am sounding more 'spiritual' than I usually do.

We pray that we'll be willing to accept God's Will in situations. We Need to realize that God really does know what's best Now -- we don't know / can't see His Big picture. Be found faithful Now.

And remember back when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor -- the U.S. responded back in a very meaningful way.

IF N.Korea Does decide to act stupidly -- the U.S. will respond back. And he Has backed down -- at least for now. So -- we Do see God's working.

They must have given him A large bag od lolpops

Hope for tomorrow

The Mountain of the Lord

4 In the last days

the mountain of the Lord’s temple will be established

as the highest of the mountains;

it will be exalted above the hills,

and peoples will stream to it.

Many nations will come and say,

“Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,

to the temple of the God of Jacob.

He will teach us his ways,

so that we may walk in his paths.”

The law will go out from Zion,

the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

He will judge between many peoples

and will settle disputes for strong nations far and wide.

They will beat their swords into plowshares

and their spears into pruning hooks.

Nation will not take up sword against nation,

nor will they train for war anymore.

Everyone will sit under their own vine

and under their own fig tree,

and no one will make them afraid,

for the Lord Almighty has spoken.

All the nations may walk

in the name of their gods,

but we will walk in the name of the Lord

our God for ever and ever.

On Fox News today -- seems that N.Korea is threatening to 'do stupid' yet again this next week. Seems that each year there is a 'weapons drill" in S. Korea that we usually support?! Seems that they are being warned to Not do that drill or Else. So - it would seem that N.Korea is indeed threatening to 'act stupid' yet again. God is Still in control. That hasn't changed any.

• Like 1

Mankind's wicked, evil hearts are the real problem. IMO all the events of the World are all within the plan and control of the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY. Jesus may well come within our life time. I believe my response is to "be ready". Satan and those who reject Jesus will all be the place they so deserve.... hell.

justme

• Like 2