The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Just Mike

Mr. Trump

I support our president, in prayer, and generally in his agenda. However in this last week he has twisted the truth. This really concerns me, as he says he is a Christian. ( I have deep worries about this) Mr. Trumps tweeting and his family involvement in the White House bothers me. Mr. Trump must be very accurate in what he says, or it may appear he is becoming like the rest of those politicians who lie. I hate to think Mr. Trump has become a person like the ones he ran against who lied and twisted the truth. I am very concerned that this Russian involvement may just come back to haunt him. Plese join me in praying for Mr. trump.

justme

Hi Justme, if you don't mind me asking, what is the recent lie (or deception) of the President's that you are referring to above?

Thanks!

--David

p.s. - I'm not saying that President Trump doesn't have his own issues, but I doubt we'll have to worry about him taking up residence in the "swamp" and becoming like those he ran against :RpS_smile:

Mr. Trump said he knew nothing about the meeting of his son son in law and one other last July 2106. with the Russian lawyer. He also said he had nothing to do with his son's testimony to those asking about that meeting with the Russian lawyer. As it turns out he did in deed know both and Mr. Trump wrote his sons testimony for his son. Mr Trump said the Boy Scouts headquarters called him and said they were very pleased whit what he said in the Jamboree. He twisted the truth there too. There have been several other times like the above. There are a number of people in the Senate and Congress that HATE Mr. Trump and are seeking to Impeach him. Mr. Trump must give them any more reasons to go after him.

I voted for him, I support him. He must be completely accurate in every detail he says.

justme

Trump, like many politicians and business people, is employing Machiavellian techniques to accomplish his agenda. I see nothing in his actions to consider him a Christian. I see a man who used rather ignorant Christians to get his way.

That being said, God has placed him in a position of authority that can positively or negatively affect the sharing of the gospel to the world.

Have Any of our former Presidents ever been Perfect? None of them had a 100 % unanimous vote into office. They All had their problems. He's been voted into office -- the first non-political President ever. And he's getting picked to pieces. It's amazing he has any skin left on him.

No one wanted another President like the former one and Hilary would have been like that. So, please, let's try supporting this Pres.

Have Any of our former Presidents ever been Perfect? None of them had a 100 % unanimous vote into office. They All had their problems. He's been voted into office -- the first non-political President ever. And he's getting picked to pieces. It's amazing he has any skin left on him.

No one wanted another President like the former one and Hilary would have been like that. So, please, let's try supporting this Pres.

Those reasons are not enough to support someone as a person who represents me and this nation. However, I recognize God's sovereign choice of Trump and therefore I seek the peace of the city and pray that Trump will do the same.