The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Clawstomp

Bonding with animals?

Dogs and even to some extent cats are possible with having a deep bond with, but what about other animals? Cows, pigs, dolphins, apes and even some birds can form a good bond with humans. What do you believe with bonding with other creatures? Do you think it not only helps the animal but also helps you in a way, and see it as valuable as bonding with your fellow man? Also, what about reptiles? Most reptiles are not as intelligent as the animals I just mentioned but some can be trained. There is actually a video on youtube of a man voice commanding his lizards like lizards and there was an incident where a man from Costa Rica bonded with a crocodile. Do you think to some extent reptiles like lizards and crocodiles can be trained and tamed to a degree, not as well as dogs but not too far off? Do you have any personal bonds with any animals?

• Like 1

When God created Adam he placed all other living creatures under his control. Animals that bond with humans are closer to the state God originally intended for them than wild animals are.

• Like 2

Animals are amazing and beautiful creatures I love all animals,I think that you can bond with animals,also I think that animals are very smart and loving,and the mistreatment of them must stop,the abuse and the killings of all of these beautiful creatures must come to an end

• Like 1

I love animals, but I think some people go way overboard.

I have seen birth announcements and funeral cards for animals...........

I think that animals are very smart and loving

We have a few around here that are smart, but not very loving. lol

I really love our pets. We have 6 cats and one dog, and four Cockatiel birds. Once we has a Parakeet, when it died we all cried, that bird talked and loved being on our shoulder, getting on the board games we played, it was a really love that bird.

This last year we lost two doge we had for more that 12 years, The vet put one down, the other died in arms of my wife. We have a pet centenary on our four acres, there our family can bury the pets and we have a place with their names on it. This may seem silly to some but our adult children and their family has a place to bury their pets, as death in pets is a teaching time for children and we honor the love we had for our pets.

Yes, we have and still do bond with our pets.

• Like 1

You can probably bond with reptiles, I used to have a small lizard from outside that lived in my house and it walk into my hand and let me pick it up. And you can definite bond with birds, I have five finches that talk back to me all the time, I started with two and got to watch them build nest and raise their chicks. I them for about five years now. And I used to have a oppusom that would come around and eat the cats food, I walked right up to it the one time and it just looked at me and when back to eating. Be careful around wild animals though, oppussoms are pretty harmless, but raccoons will rip you up pretty bad.

One time I found a baby rattlesnake out in the front yard and thought about keeping it as a pet, but I thought it would be better off outside where it could grow up and bite me later. Lol.

Innerfire, Yes we too have had baby Cockatiels and they are all head and beak when hatches, they are pure ugly then. When our children were younger we had cats, dogs and a horse all give birth, its important to let them see all this so they begin to understand sexuality and reproduction in nature, its a lesson in how God creates life.

Perhaps no animal did I dislike more than our horse named Babe. I once bucked hay for saying $ .25 cents a bale. I learned how itchy and painful a job it was, Never did I do it again. When she had her Colt she nearly killed me when I went to put medicine on the belly button, I was not able to get near it. She needed lunging every day and I got the job when my wife was expecting our fourth child. She did not care too much for me and I felt the same way about her. Once while riding her she all of a sudden saw a small paper on the road blow in the wind, she took off on a wild run and no matter how hard I pulled on the rains she would not stop, I held on for about a mile before she stopped. I took her home and never rode her again. I was so glad whe she was sold, when we moved to the next church as pastor.

• Like 1