The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Innerfire89

What happened to the dinos?

The best I can figure is dinos went extinct after the flood, but maybe not because of the flood. There are hyroglifics depicting dinos, we see humans and dinos coexisted. These hyroglifs even show human taming dino and riding atop of them. My theory is dinos didn't have the environment needed to survive due to the flood and possibly were hunted down to the point of extintion.

Your thoughts?

• Like 1

It's also possible that not the dinos considered extinct really are. There's places we haven't explored on this earth. Like the swamped of the congo where people have claimed to see unusual animals, when shown pictures of animals living and pictures of dinos, without being told said animals were extinct, identified these animals with the pictures of dinos.

• Like 1

What could have survived the flood? Just 8 persons, acc the Ark info.

There was two of every species of land animal on the ark.

They must have been mini-sauers........... maybe? ;)

• Like 1

Baby dinos or maybe even eggs. Or there could have been some that were extinct before the flood and the rest after. 🤔

There was two of every species of land animal on the ark.

Species or Genus? Scripture says kinds and not species.

https://answersingenesis.org/noahs-a...s-and-the-ark/

Baby dinos or maybe even eggs. Or there could have been some that were extinct before the flood and the rest after. 🤔

If an Ice Age followed the great flood, that is very possible.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

Genus, My mistake. There was a male and female goats and not every sepices of goat. And so on and so forth..

• Like 1

I think that there is an excellent chance that what we call a dinosaur is still in existence on the earth, and probably other kinds living in the ocean. I have also seen the pictures that were carved into buildings and painted on pottery that show men sitting on top of a dinosaur and killing it. These are only a little over a thousand years old, not millions of years ago, when we are taught that dinosaurs went extinct.

People didn't even call them a dinosaur until sometime in the 1800's, when the word was coined. Before that, people probably called them lizards or dragons, which I think is the old name for the larger dinosaurs.

If you look at the Chinese calendar, it has a picture of an animal/creature of some kind for each year. One of those creatures is a dragon. It only makes sense that if all of the other creatures actually exist/existed, then so did some kind of large lizard which was called a dragon.

In Cambodia there is a temple, and it has carvings of a dinosaur , and I think that is about 500-600 years old. If they existed that recently, then it is totally possible that they still exist in remote areas, and are only seen by natives that live in the jungles.

As far as the dinosaurs being on the ark, it is totally likely that very small ones, or even eggs, were taken on the ark. They would not take up much room, and it would make a lot more sense to take babies or young specimens of any species than to take mature adults. They would take up a lot less room, and would be much less likely to want to fight or kill each other if they were all babies.

Edited by Happyflowerlady
Spelling
  • Like 3

I think it might be before the flood, and before mankind was even civilized. My theory is they probably ran out of food as the carnivores would predate the herbivores, and I could only imagine the indigenous humans hunting them as well in groups. This could've led to the herbivores dying earlier than both the carnivorous dinosaurs and humans, which in turn led the humans to hunt the carnivores instead. The carnivorous dinosaurs may have the strength, but not the intellect that humans posses and eventually they probably either got captured, or they died because they didn't have anything else to eat. That's just my take on it.

• Like 1

They made the acquaintance of a 6 mile wide meteor 65 million years ago.

And who would have been around 65 million years ago to know that :)

• Like 1

I speculate it could be a combination of the flood and change in the environment. Dinosaurs as well as other prehistoric creatures might not of been able to adapt to the sudden changes in the environment in time, they were quite different from the current animals that still live on to this day. Maybe insects could of played a role in the extinction of dinosaurs, making them ill and transferring diseases in them. Just a small theory, it could be that they simply didn't have enough nutritious food in their diet. The plants may have been on sort supply for them and the plant eaters didn't have enough to survive off of, therefore making it harder for the meat eaters to survive. It could be a combination of all of these theories.

• Like 3

As far as the dinosaurs being on the ark, it is totally likely that very small ones, or even eggs, were taken on the ark.

It is likely the dinosaurs were babies. If they took eggs how could they tell whether they were male or female?

I think it might be before the flood, and before mankind was even civilized.

They couldn't have gone extinct before the flood. The fossils we find today were produced by the flood.

• Like 1

There are areas in Texas that show dinosaur tracks, and there are human tracks right inside of the dinosaur tracks. Obviously, these were made at the same time; so a good possibility is that when the waters started rising before the flood got too deep, both people and animals would have been trying to escape. They would have left tracks as they tried to escape to higher ground.

I think that being buried by the flood debris is one reason why archeologists think that dinosaurs lives to long ago, because they think that the layers of dirt or clay around the fossils built up slowly over many years. However, it is very likely that this happened in a short period of tome and was caused by the waters of the great flood. It is also quite possible that this is how the Grand Canyon was formed, and that it did not take thousands of years for that to happen either.

When Mt. St. Helens erupted, the resulting flood left layers in the lake that mimicked the same kind of layers that have been attributed to slow evolution.

Here is an interesting video that gives a good perspective about how the layers of rock were actually formed in a short time, and not over millions of years, and also that the dinosaurs and humans lived in the same timeframe.

• Like 3

There are areas in Texas that show dinosaur tracks, and there are human tracks right inside of the dinosaur tracks. Obviously, these were made at the same time; so a good possibility is that when the waters started rising before the flood got too deep, both people and animals would have been trying to escape. They would have left tracks as they tried to escape to higher ground.

I think that being buried by the flood debris is one reason why archeologists think that dinosaurs lives to long ago, because they think that the layers of dirt or clay around the fossils built up slowly over many years. However, it is very likely that this happened in a short period of tome and was caused by the waters of the great flood. It is also quite possible that this is how the Grand Canyon was formed, and that it did not take thousands of years for that to happen either.

When Mt. St. Helens erupted, the resulting flood left layers in the lake that mimicked the same kind of layers that have been attributed to slow evolution.

Here is an interesting video that gives a good perspective about how the layers of rock were actually formed in a short time, and not over millions of years, and also that the dinosaurs and humans lived in the same timeframe.

Totally agree with you. God's/ Noah's flood is the answer -- not millions of years of 'development".

• Like 2

And who would have been around 65 million years ago to know that :)

The good thing is, as we know from things like archaeology and forensics, you don't need to have a direct eyewitness account of something before you can conclude that it happened.

• Like 1

There are areas in Texas that show dinosaur tracks, and there are human tracks right inside of the dinosaur tracks.

Actually, those aren't human tracks in the Paluxy River bed. Even some major creationist organizations have realized that.

It is also quite possible that this is how the Grand Canyon was formed, and that it did not take thousands of years for that to happen either.

Not at all. The erosion related to Mt. St. Helens was through recently-deposited unconsolidated mud and ash, whereas the erosion of the Grand Canyon was through solidified rock......very different.

wp_humor_gary_larson_dino.jpg.444dd1de428dc2435920faeb39e8f5f5.jpg

The real reason why dinosaurs became extinct

• Like 4

@ #20 --- you got That right :) L O L

What happened to the dinosaurs?

Maybe they had Trumpcare.

Seriously though. I imagine that when we get to heaven, all the young earthers, old earthers, theistic evolutionists will get together & ask God what happened. And after we hear God's answer everyone there will say, "so THAT'S what it meant."

• Like 2

What happened to the dinosaurs?

Maybe they had Trumpcare.

Seriously though. I imagine that when we get to heaven, all the young earthers, old earthers, theistic evolutionists will get together & ask God what happened. And after we hear God's answer everyone there will say, "so THAT'S what it meant."

Get all our questions answered Finally ---- and Maybe when we Do get to heaven, it Won't Matter any more. :)

Actually, those aren't human tracks in the Paluxy River bed. Even some major creationist organizations have realized that.

Not at all. The erosion related to Mt. St. Helens was through recently-deposited unconsolidated mud and ash, whereas the erosion of the Grand Canyon was through solidified rock......very different.

While either possibility is only human speculation, they actually do have information that backs up the theory that the Grand Canyon was formed rapidly, and not through millennia of a river wearing down rock. Geologists have been looking into the idea that it could have happened from a flood, similar to what happened after the Mt.. St. Helens eruption.

The scenario might be something like this :

The earth is flooded by the Great Flood in the days of Noah. For months water sits on the whole earth as the waters gradually subside, leaving huge lakes in the deeper valleys, and were trapped there by a natural dam made from debris as the flood waters receded.

It is likely that there could have been earthquakes associated with the flood as well; because the flooding of the whole earth would have to affect the tectonic plates. Some theories are that this is when the land mass separated into the continents as we know them today.

In any case, even a small earthquake could have triggered a break in the dam, releasing the floodwaters down into the plain, and the still-soft earth, creating a huge canyon. The video I am linking to this is just a short one; but if anyone wants to learn more about how this could have happened, there are some really good longer tutorial videos on Youtube.

Edited by Happyflowerlady
  • Like 1

While either possibility is only human speculation, they actually do have information that backs up the theory that the Grand Canyon was formed rapidly, and not through millennia of a river wearing down rock. Geologists have been looking into the idea that it could have happened from a flood, similar to what happened after the Mt.. St. Helens eruption.

I've not seen anything from scientists suggesting that an event similar to the Mt. St. Helens eruption is what formed the Grand Canyon. Do you have a link or reference?

The scenario might be something like this :

The earth is flooded by the Great Flood in the days of Noah. For months water sits on the whole earth as the waters gradually subside, leaving huge lakes in the deeper valleys, and were trapped there by a natural dam made from debris as the flood waters receded.

The problem is, a global flood only works by invoking a number of miracles, which means it's a religious belief and not in the realm of science (no way to test miraculous acts of God).

It is likely that there could have been earthquakes associated with the flood as well; because the flooding of the whole earth would have to affect the tectonic plates. Some theories are that this is when the land mass separated into the continents as we know them today.

I've read one estimate from young-earth creationist John Baumgardner where even he had to admit such massive tectonic movements in the short periods of time required would generate enough heat to easily boil away the oceans and atmosphere. IOW, it doesn't work without miracles.

In any case, even a small earthquake could have triggered a break in the dam, releasing the floodwaters down into the plain, and the still-soft earth, creating a huge canyon.

Well there's a problem with that. The Grand Canyon's strata are alternating layers of limestones, sandstones, and shale. Given what they're made of (e.g., limestone is made up of the remains of small shelled organisms), it's highly unlikely that they would separate out like that in a singular event and remain "soft". Plus, floodwaters would tend to mix these soft constituents at least to some degree.

You can read more about this here: http://biologos.org/blogs/archive/flood-geology-and-the-grand-canyon-what-does-the-evidence-really-say

The video I am linking to this is just a short one; but if anyone wants to learn more about how this could have happened, there are some really good longer tutorial videos on Youtube.

Again, the problem there is the sediments at Mt. St. Helens were unconsolidated ash and mud, whereas the Grand Canyon layers are, as I noted above, alternating layers of sandstone, limestone, and shale. Very, very different.