The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Todd

Not sure what to make of the protests.

So many protests today. So many by woman. Not sure what to make of all of this.

Yea, I agree. Seems like the whole country has gone nuts. The latest female hysteria reminds me of the female hysteria over the Beatles, only this time it's anger not lust. Weird, just plain weird...

They have bought into Progressive propaganda to the point that they believe themselves warriors for justice. Reason and logic are useless to help them.

Also, it seems that they feel that their right to practice their "religion", which, first and foremost, includes the practice of the sacrificing of human babies, is going to be threatened, and abortion is the first commandment of the Left.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/07/abortion-the-progressives-sacrament/

Edited by thatbrian
  • Like 2

Or maybe they're protesting a President who boasted about sexually assaulting women. It's not that head-scratching or difficult to understand.

• Like 2

Just FYI, certain women/women's groups were not welcome at the "march".

On the day after the inauguration of President-elect Donald Trump, thousands of women will descend upon Washington, D.C. to march in solidarity with one another, sending a message to the new administration. However, this march in support of feminism is not open to all women.

On Monday, it was revealed one of the sponsors of the march was removed from the event list due to outrage over the sponsor's pro-life views. The group,
New Wave Feminists
, based out of Texas,
is comprised of pro-life women who oppose Trump's election
. The organizers of the march claimed the platform is a pro-choice one which advocates for "open access to safe, legal, affordable abortion and birth control for all people," which is ultimately why the pro-life group is no longer welcome to participate. Planned Parenthood and NARAL Pro-Choice America are sponsors of the event, but sadly there is no room for a pro-life group at a march representing and celebrating the diversity of feminism.

?url=%2Fcmsmedia%2F60%2Feb%2F55d86f4c476abd7ce7a01b715d7c%2Fresizes%2F500%2F161130-women-stock.jpg

[h=4]RELATED CONTENT[/h] [h=3]Women’s Equality Isn’t Just for Liberals[/h]

Now more than ever, women must unite to transcend partisan politics.

The mission page of the event states, "We stand together in solidarity with our partners and children for the protection of our rights, our safety, our health, and our families – recognizing that our vibrant and diverse communities are the strength of our country" – yet they fail to include women of diverse opinions. The mission goes on to decry the intolerance in the rhetoric throughout the past election cycle, yet they fail to see the intolerance in their actions. Instead of finding commonality with women of different perspectives the left has once again shown its intolerant hand: They are only tolerant of their own platform and politics.

However, the most ironic part of this is the fact the organizers "call on all defenders of human rights to join us," just not defenders of the rights of the unborn. Being pro-life doesn't mean you're anti-woman; it means you choose life and defend its sanctity. The logic that being pro-choice means you can only choose abortion seems flawed. Isn't choosing to carry a pregnancy to full-term a choice as well?

It is disappointing women the ideological right, left and in between can't come together and find common ground on issues outside of abortion without having to agree on that one issue to start. Instead of celebrating differences and the right to express those differences, progressive feminists would rather shut out women who don't think like them. The exclusivity of this liberal feminist club will only work to the detriment of women everywhere because they fail to recognize the importance of entirety of issues that matter to women. ~By
| Contributor, U.S. News

• Like 2

Just FYI, certain women/women's groups were not welcome at the "march".

Thanks, David

I had that very story in mind when I posted. There is no doubt, based on their own words and actions that abortion is a sacrament to the Left. Shortly after Obama took office, he gave a speech in which he vowed that he would extend abortion activity:

When the Democratic Party is identifying itself, killing babies always tops the list. That's not only sad, it's quite repulsive.

Lena Dunham wishes she had had an abortion: http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...wish-abortion/

• Like 2

My husband pointed out that Liberals can't tolerate anyone disagreeing with them.

• Like 2

These people are still ticked off they lost the election. Many of them gathered that night in New York thinking it was going to huge party and big celebration but they had egg on their faces when the results started rolling in.

Next, we heard that there was a movement to stop Trump by the electoral college. That pathetic attempt failed as well.

Meanwhile the protests and riots continued - and still continue. If the Republicans lose they whine and do all they can to win the next election but if the Democrats lose they not only whine but also riot in the streets.

Where were all these 'womyn' when scores of allegations were made against Bill Clinton by Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey, Juanita Broaddrick, etc. etc. etc.? They certainly raised their voices in support of Anita Hill when she made accusations against Clarence Thomas.

See the pattern here? The Dems get a free pass (no pun intended) but don't expect consistency for the other party. "Reason and logic are useless to help them" thatbrian said in post #3. I concur.

• Like 1

Or maybe they're protesting a President who boasted about sexually assaulting women. It's not that head-scratching or difficult to understand.
Some may be , but for others it is about overturning an election result they don't like. You can see that when protestors start deciding which people are allowed to march based on their party (e.g. by banning a Republican women's group that is anti-Trump).

The same type of protests occurred in the UK when the Conservatives were elected. Certain left-wing groups promptly protested and claimed they would take down the government because it wasn't the government they voted for, never mind that the Tory supporters had lived under a government they didn't vote for, for twelve years. People protesting because they don't like an election result seems to be becoming a habit.

Unless there is proof of malfeasance during the actual election, isn't the time to have your say before the vote, not after it?

• Like 2

On 1/21/2017 at 11:32 PM, Jester85 said:

Bill Clinton as far as I know didn't boast about it but he just kept doing it.

And yet his poll numbers among women got better.:classic_wacko:

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:15 PM, Todd said:

The only thing to make of all this is that the ................ Democrats Lost !   And Hillary Clinton is still licking her wounds !!!!!!!    M

Thank you for bringing this topic up. I thought I was, maybe, the only one who perceived a "movement" among women at this time. Obviously the root cause is lack of Relationship with the One True God, and, I think, anger at God for "permitting" whatever has happened in their lives to  bring up the bile. For me, I tend to go back to the Garden and try to get a perspective from what happened there, since, to me, we all have some deep soulical connection to our First Parents and their actions. I think after the Fall and ejection from the Garden Eve possibly felt guilty (for being deceived), angry (at Satan for deceiving her, at God for "letting it happen" (?), at Adam for listening to her ("because you heeded the voice of your wife"), and just plan mad at herself. That is a heart load of emotion, and then when Cain is born, there is rejoicing that "God has given ME a manchild" [note, not "us" but 'me"] and then the firstborn murders his brother. That is just too much emotional roller coaster for me to wrap my head or heart around. I cannot really grasp it all, but I can appreciate the depth of it and understand how the frustration, bitterness, sorrow, anger . . . all was buried in the depths of her soul. And I believe that all women share some basic root with that primal emotion lodged in the depth's of Eve's soul.

That viewpoint helps me get a bit of understanding of how, why, many women today are angry at almost everything, especially men (it seems to me). Somehow their expectations of  a happy, joyful, successful life on earth is not being fulfilled and it must be somebodies fault -- it seems to me that most of us need someone else to blame for our own unhappiness and disappointment. And lo and behold, how wonderful it is to find that many others also agree with you .... "it must be so-and-so's fault, they are to blame" . . . and we are off to the races, as long as you stay on board with everyone else you have the solidarity of mob rule.

And then, of course, it all comes back to the "sex" issue -- and of course, men are the problem. And this is not totally off base, men do need to step up and take their share of the problem. But it is not JUST the fault of men -- but "men" make the easiest target.

So it is complicated, and as society has turned further and further from anything even remotely resembling "Godliness" it is bound to get even worse as the days roll along. No one is perfect, so no matter how honorable, well intentioned, peaceful you may be, trust me, someone will find something bad to say about you. We seem to have a root in us that "feels good" when we find a way to throw mud on a (perceived) "better" person -- the Germans have a word for it,"schadenfreude". Welcome to the human race. We sad sorrowful forlorn lost embittered souls on earth whose only Solace we consistently reject.

Only the Cross, only the Blood, only the Love of the Father can heal the guilt, anger, sorrow in the human heart. And we have fallen into the trap of calling "bad" good, and "good" bad and I for one do not see us getting "better" anytime in the near future, despite the fact that the vast majority of just regular folks are really pretty dawg-gone good folks -- but we have become a media driven society, our "social consciousness" determined by who shouts the loudest and gets the most coverage. Think about this, what if ever Believer in America disconnected their cable, got rid of their "connection" to the world and its ceaseless propaganda and actually spent more time in prayer and fellowship with their neighbors? The world would change. We are in the world, but we are not to be OF the world -- the quickest, easiest way to disconnect from The World is to Disconnect, literally. I have not had a TV connection for 25+ years -- this world is not my home.

So women are angry, the anger is very deep rooted, all the way back to the Garden, and is directed at anyone and everyone, but especially at men and at "God." In so many ways we are all children kicking and screaming and hollering just to get some attention. All we really want is the Loving Arms of our Loving Father to gather us up in the midst of our tantrum and Love us -- and THAT is what changes us and what changes the world around us. Love Never Fails.