The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another website.
Sign in to follow this  
Jasmin Cottontail

Heaven Is for Real Film.

I saw this movie entitled Heaven is for real. It's an American Christian drama film based on a little boy's astonishing story of his trip to heaven. I've seen it months ago and I thought it was just an ordinary Christian film but then I was dumbfounded. I can say that the movie was well-made and it has a great story line which became an argument in some Christian churches in light of the fact that they didn't believe it was real. But then the little boy proved to them that it is indeed real, that he was able to go to heaven and return, without being dead.

What's incredible about this film is what I saw at the end of the movie wherein they show the image of God. According to the film, it was a painting of a girl who also had a trip to heaven and she painted exactly what God looks like. I don't know if it's real or not but I totally had goosebumps when I saw it. Do you think it's real?

Has anyone of you seen this film? What are your thoughts about it?

I've never seen the film but I have read the book. It is certainly interesting but the descriptions of Heaven that it contains are nothing like the Heaven that is revealed in the Bible. A lot of people have written about visiting Heaven but at least one of them has publicly admitted that his report was false. You can read about it here: http://pulpitandpen.org/2015/01/13/the-boy-who-came-back-from-heaven-recants-story-rebukes-christian-retailers/

Here is a blog post I read about someone else who claimed he had visited Heaven: https://mennoknight.wordpress.com/2015/01/22/90-minutes-on-the-big-screen/

The Bible warns that in the last days many will be lead away from the truth and follow the teachings of demons. Perhaps one way some demons spread their teaching is to deceive people into thinking they have visited Heaven and that they need to tell others what it is like. Every claim regarding Heaven should be tested by comparing it to what the Bible says on the subject.

• Like 1

I've never seen the film but I have read the book. It is certainly interesting but the descriptions of Heaven that it contains are nothing like the Heaven that is revealed in the Bible. A lot of people have written about visiting Heaven but at least one of them has publicly admitted that his report was false. You can read about it here: http://pulpitandpen.org/2015/01/13/the-boy-who-came-back-from-heaven-recants-story-rebukes-christian-retailers/

Here is a blog post I read about someone else who claimed he had visited Heaven: https://mennoknight.wordpress.com/2015/01/22/90-minutes-on-the-big-screen/

The Bible warns that in the last days many will be lead away from the truth and follow the teachings of demons. Perhaps one way some demons spread their teaching is to deceive people into thinking they have visited Heaven and that they need to tell others what it is like. Every claim regarding Heaven should be tested by comparing it to what the Bible says on the subject.

Thank you for the info. I haven't read the book though. Yes there are indeed people claiming that they've been to Heaven for a short period, and some also claimed they've seen Hell as well. Although it is hard to believe, there are still others who think that this might be true. I've also heard the movie 90 minutes to Heaven though I haven't seen it yet.

Anyway, I'll be checking the link that you've provided for more information. Thanks again! :)

The blog I cited in my post made a new post on the subject today: https://mennoknight.wordpress.com/2016/10/26/a-brief-look-at-heaven/

• Like 1

The blog I cited in my post made a new post on the subject today: https://mennoknight.wordpress.com/2016/10/26/a-brief-look-at-heaven/

Ok thanks. I'll be checking that out. Anyway, have you seen other movies related to this one or similar to it by any chance? I would love to watch another movie regarding this as I am curious and intrigued by the idea. If you know some good films just like this one kindly share it to me. Thanks! :)

I have seen that movie,it is very good,I liked it a lot

This move is a story of what a boy experienced, and many people have been fooled. The young boy has grown up and has openly said he lied!

People, the Bible make it clear this could have happened. This shows the importance of knowing Scripture. Hebrews 9:27 After death comes the judgement.

Look at who produced the movie. WOF is behind it. We must be alert as to how Satan loves to deceive us.

The Shack is a fine example of Satan's lies too.

justme

• Like 1

I have seen that movie,it is very good,I liked it a lot

It might be entertaining but it presents false beliefs as being factual. I have made two posts in this thread in which I provide links showing that this movie is fictional. Have you checked the links in either of those posts?

SO called Apostle T J Jakes, who rejects the Trinity is one of the producers of this and other unbiblical films. I will go back and read your infor.

justme

I read the article, very good. The NEW APOSTOLIC REFORMATION has caused many problems for poor people in Europe that I have read about them asking for people to donate their property, then selling it and keeping the money from the church and leaving town with people having no homes. This is beyond sinful, its unholy and evil. Clearly this NAR is wicked scheme and is intended to make some very welthy.

justme

What's incredible about this film is what I saw at the end of the movie wherein they show the image of God. According to the film, it was a painting of a girl who also had a trip to heaven and she painted exactly what God looks like. I don't know if it's real or not but I totally had goosebumps when I saw it. Do you think it's real?

That image at the end of the movie is a lie for the simple fact that it contradicts scripture.

1 John 3

2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

Romans 1

22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,

23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

Colossians 1

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

Just my opinion...

• Like 2

I know that these stories are somewhat uplifting but I think that those who sit at the gate of of Heaven would not allow a sneak peak at that which God has created for those who believe in his Son. Personally I would think it cruel to see what place we were going to and then end up streight back here on this world, as it is now. That is why I don't believe in any of this stuff. God would not play with us so

• Like 2

Its always important to see who produced these kind of movied. Anything that The so called Apostle Jakes is involved in is usually unscriptura.l