The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another website.
Sign in to follow this  
rootle

How many people here actually intend to vote for Trump?

I've never come across a Trump supporter in real life. I want to know why people think he would make a good president.

I can not vote for Trump or Clinton. Both, in my opinion, have serious flaws, My intent is to exetcise my right to write in a candidate.

• Like 1

This is a perspective from someone who isn't from the United States so I might be completely wrong, but I think if Trump wins, the country will really be affected. There are two possible scenarios if Trump is elected: he'll either bring the United States out of its economy crisis, as Trump is undeniably a great economist and he knows how to deal with technical issues. The second scenario is he will turn the country into a wave of unmorality and protesters will impeach him. But IMO, not one of the candidates look promising.

I have no idea what I'm going to do, and I don't like that feeling. This is the first election where I have felt like I can't support anyone. I feel like doing a write-in makes some sense, and yet it won't do anything except essentially give a free vote to someone else. So I really have no idea who I will be voting for in November. I wish someone else was available!

Sadly, I have come across numerous Trump supporters. I am surprised at how many of my friends have jumped onto the Trump train and are looking forward to putting their votes in. To be honest, it's scaring me. The idea that Trump might very well be our next President is absolutely terrifying. The man comes off as a nut job, though he has managed to bring every single racist to the surface, making them feel better about themselves. He has convinced the racist agenda that it's not racist at all, but realistic. I'm hoping for the best, but I am expecting the worst.

• Like 1

Sadly, I have come across numerous Trump supporters. I am surprised at how many of my friends have jumped onto the Trump train and are looking forward to putting their votes in. To be honest, it's scaring me. The idea that Trump might very well be our next President is absolutely terrifying. The man comes off as a nut job, though he has managed to bring every single racist to the surface, making them feel better about themselves. He has convinced the racist agenda that it's not racist at all, but realistic. I'm hoping for the best, but I am expecting the worst.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n19063[/ATTACH]

Screen-Shot-2016-03-15-at-11_00.50-AM.jpg.1b8b4dd7172ee06d91535380e2204b16.jpg

If you put aside the almost psychotic personality with which he seems to approach many of his rallies what you have left is some quite reasonable plans to fix some extremely messed up parts of this country. Some of the things he plans to do is overhaul our trade agreements, which they are desperately in need of; overhaul our immigration program, which is completely broken; and a complete reversal in our foreign policy which has gotten us into more conflicts than we ever should have.

If the only people we have to choose from is Hillary or Donald, I would pick Donald all day long. However, we do have other options out there. Of course there is Gary Johnson running on the Libertarian ticket, but I do have reservations about him as well (specifically about his stance on abortion). We also have the option to do write ins, but those are basically useless other than to afford the ability to say we voted, but not for any of the other candidates.

• Like 1

If the only people we have to choose from is Hillary or Donald, I would pick Donald all day long. However, we do have other options out there. Of course there is Gary Johnson running on the Libertarian ticket, but I do have reservations about him as well (specifically about his stance on abortion). We also have the option to do write ins, but those are basically useless other than to afford the ability to say we voted, but not for any of the other candidates.

Can you imagine if both Hillary and Donald were taken out of the running, and the election came down to the other write ins? Whoa, what a mind trip. :eek:

God bless,

William

I have no idea what I'm going to do, and I don't like that feeling. This is the first election where I have felt like I can't support anyone. I feel like doing a write-in makes some sense, and yet it won't do anything except essentially give a free vote to someone else. So I really have no idea who I will be voting for in November. I wish someone else was available!

Hi VC, if the vote has to be between Hillary and Donald, I will vote for Donald. A vote for anyone else is, as you said above, a free vote for Hillary. I've been a fiscal conservative since college, and a social conservative since I became a Christian 30 years ago, and Hillary, who is being dragged further and further to the left by those in her party, becomes less and less of the candidate and leader that I believe our country needs right now.

I am also staunchly Pro-Life (again, since the day I became a Christian), and while I don't not believe that Trump can repeal Roe, it would be nice to have someone in office who will try to contain it a bit (for instance, we need to see an end to partial-birth abortions as a starting point, but such a thing wouldn't even be considered by Hillary).

So Trump is who I am left with. And at least with Trump we can hope and pray that things will get better. I don't believe that will be true if there is a Hillary presidency.

--David

• Like 1

Well I know of a lot of people who have changed their mind, and so if that is any indication of a general sense throughout the whole country then this is going to be an interesting election. I think that we can expect interesting no matter what, but this would just add to it. I know that there is a vote coming up to allow delegates to change their votes, but all indications are that it will not pass. Still though, I am curious to see where this one goes from here.

If it were a purely binary choice between Clinton and Trump, I would vote for Trump for one specific reason. Although I think that Trump will not be a good president and he will not advance the goals of committed Christians, Trump will not be an implacable foe to these goals either. Clinton, given her complete lack of morals and outright hostility to Christianity, will continue the assault that Obama has waged against committed Christians and Jews that has occurred the last 7.5 years. I'll accept the four-year stalemate with Trump rather than another assault by Clinton.

I'm not keen on either as being the BEST leader we could have - but I do think that Trump is honest. I think Hillary has proven time and time again that she lies. Also I have a family that have active duty military members, and I think that Donald will advocate for them better than Hillary.

But jeez. We're kind of stuck with one of them, it seems. I am a little worried about how the next few years will pan out, to be honest.

Trump wants to kill ISIS family members. That breaks every war crime conceivable. He is not a Christian because he wants to kill ISIS and their family members. How can anyone here vote for a monster like this. He is a disease that needs to be cut out.

I have never came across a Hillary supporter that was under the age of 50, the woman really does not appeal to me at all. She is corrupt and a career politician who is clearly the establishment favorite. Trump is not perfect but has policies that benefit the poor and middle class (Which coincidentally benefit the same minorities that the mainstream media reports Trump is racist towards). One look at Hillary's donor list makes her a complete write off for me instantly.

• Like 2

If it were a purely binary choice between Clinton and Trump, I would vote for Trump for one specific reason. Although I think that Trump will not be a good president and he will not advance the goals of committed Christians, Trump will not be an implacable foe to these goals either. Clinton, given her complete lack of morals and outright hostility to Christianity, will continue the assault that Obama has waged against committed Christians and Jews that has occurred the last 7.5 years. I'll accept the four-year stalemate with Trump rather than another assault by Clinton.

Clinton is hostile toward Christianity? I didn't know about this. What did she do to make you think so?

I have never come across a black supporter of Trump. He is the most racist and biased individual I have come across. He supports white supremacy and yes I am black so I am totally against that. He cannot do what he is professing to do, as it relates to him saying all African Americans should be sent back to Africa but the fact that he thought of it eh! It also opened my eyes to how strong racism is in today's history, based on the pole results. If he wins, we will definitely be going through the third world war as the Bible stipulated.

If I have to make a choice between Hillary and Trump, it would definitely be the latter. Hillary doesn't stick to her views and has been changing them all the time. I don't see her as a strong option.

I am not voting for Trump. He goes against everything I believe in. Most things he says are hateful and he advocates for using torture. That goes against the message of Jesus to turn the other cheek. He is rude and never seems to know what he is talking about. That said, I can't quite swallow voting for Hillary either so I think I'll either stay home or vote for Jill Stein.

I am not voting for Trump. He goes against everything I believe in. Most things he says are hateful and he advocates for using torture. That goes against the message of Jesus to turn the other cheek. He is rude and never seems to know what he is talking about. That said, I can't quite swallow voting for Hillary either so I think I'll either stay home or vote for Jill Stein.

Who is Jill Stein? And while we are on he subject, if you are going to vote for a third party why not throw your support behind someone who actually has some decent support (Gary Johnson)?

I'm going to vote for Trump. At this point, the GOP hasn't offered a better candidate that can beat Hilary and I don't want her in office. He might not be the worst thing, now that Brexit happened Trump could make a great deal with them and any other country that decides to leave EN. I think that Trump will change America the way every president does and I don't think that it will be as horrible as everyone seems to think it will be.

if you are going to vote for a third party why not throw your support behind someone who actually has some decent support (Gary Johnson)?

Gary Johnson and the Libertarian Party are strong supporters of abortion rights.

• Like 1

Gary Johnson and the Libertarian Party are strong supporters of abortion rights.

True, but they are also in favor of allowing the states decide how to handle these issues, not the federal government.

True, but they are also in favor of allowing the states decide how to handle these issues, not the federal government.

Are you sure? Here is what their official platform say about abortion.

[h=3]1.5 Abortion[/h]

Recognizing that abortion is a sensitive issue and that people can hold good-faith views on all sides, we believe that government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration.

http://www.lp.org/platform

It sounds to me as if they are in favor of allowing total freedom for abortion.

Are you sure? Here is what their official platform say about abortion.

http://www.lp.org/platform

Right, but when it comes down to making a decision as to whether or not to ban abortions they prefer to let the states decide rather than the federal government be involved. This is one of the few issues they I do not agree with the Libertarians on. Though, their approach to many things is to keep government out of it and let the individual decide. Which can be worse than the way it is now, who knows.

They are, definitely. I don't think that abortion will be ever banned. I don't see anything negative about that either. Do you?