The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
ChatterBox

Bilionaires who gave away (their entire) fortunes

Something that arrived in my inbox this morning that I thought I would share. A list of 21 of the world's wealthiest people who gave away most or all of their entire fortunes to support the poor and other good causes. Their motives range from sudden awakenings to how transient life is, often in accidents or other near misses, to a stand on their principles. It is amazing how much good these have done over the years.

• Like 2

Something that arrived in my inbox this morning that I thought I would share. A list of 21 of the world's wealthiest people who gave away most or all of their entire fortunes to support the poor and other good causes. Their motives range from sudden awakenings to how transient life is, often in accidents or other near misses, to a stand on their principles. It is amazing how much good these have done over the years.

That is true Charity. Something people don't get. A lot of people want to take the hard earned money from working class people and redistribute it to the poor. However, those working class people generally give more to charity than those advocating for social welfare programs.

At my wife's work people complain about the need for more welfare programs in our local community. Trump is supposed to cut taxes on the working class, and it is beyond me why these social welfare advocates don't understand that the more they get to keep the more they can donate to charity. Charity is supposed to be a free will offering, and not an offering made under compulsion.

By the way, don't know if you caught the news but Trump donated his first quarter earnings as POTUS.

God bless,

William

• Like 3

It still amazes me that so many liberals are anti-wealth in connection with rich folk who run for office or pertaining to everyone, for that matter. The top money makers in the US pay most of our federal income tax bill. Liberals and the flood of neo-marxists being churned out of our universities should be thanking God for these people who know how to generate wealth. Oh but they have no problem taking their money by force of law if it is not given to them through philanthropic work. And of course the average liberal and neo-marxist would have no problem striking it rich by hitting the Lottery.

Edited by Kingdom Citizen
  • Like 1

That is true Charity. Something people don't get. A lot of people want to take the hard earned money from working class people and redistribute it to the poor. However, those working class people generally give more to charity than those advocating for social welfare programs.

At my wife's work people complain about the need for more welfare programs in our local community. Trump is supposed to cut taxes on the working class, and it is beyond me why these social welfare advocates don't understand that the more they get to keep the more they can donate to charity. Charity is supposed to be a free will offering, and not an offering made under compulsion.

By the way, don't know if you caught the news but Trump donated his first quarter earnings as POTUS.

God bless,

William

Today, President Donald J. Trump demonstrated his dedication to America’s heroes of tomorrow by announcing his second-quarter salary will be donated to the Department of Education.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/president-donald-j-trump-donate-salary-department-education/

• Like 1

God bless,

William

People who live their lives addicted to the notion that those who are wealthy don't deserve their wealth aren't concerned with what is given, but what is not. They focus on the faceless entity called the wealthy as they boogieman that in order for them to feel good about themselves they sacrifice at the alter of social justice. It's typical political theater that people play with to reaffirm their imagery about themselves.

It's a sad mental trap that keeps people jelious of one anther and fosters hate for those who think entitlement should be on the basis of birth instead of need. There is a reason for the safety net, but it is a temporary one that doesn't result in a perminant handout for the conically responsible.

Deade chiming in here: It's true, the liberals attack the rich until they become the rich. I think it ironic the media elites are paid very well but they are mostly liberal and anti-rich. The story about billionaires giving away their fortunes is not new. Many old time ones did the same. :RpS_flapper:

We finally got a businessman in the oval office. He has already cut corporate and individual taxes; with the result of some corporations already giving some back to their employees. It seems trickle-down economics really does work. :RpS_thumbup:

Edited by deade
Added sentence