The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
William

Olympics introduces JAW-DROPPING change for 2020 games

It was probably only a matter of time. Ratings for the Olympics have slowly declined. Fewer and fewer nations are interested in hosting the event, given the high investment needed to stage it.

So what’s the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to do in these changing times? Get with the progressive, globalist program, apparently.

In addition to adding trendier sports like BMX and “the madison” (a team cycling event on a track), the Olympics is breaking the gender barrier and adding mixed-gender events in athletics, swimming, table tennis and triathlon.

Hey, it worked for the Hunger Games, right?

Per the BBC, The Games will include a 4x400m mixed relay in athletics and a 4x100m medley mixed relay in swimming.

IOC president Thomas Bach said the Games will be “more youthful, more urban and include more women.”

“We have taken a really important step forward in terms of gender equality,” said IOC sports director Kit McConnell.

Rio 2016 champion swimmer Adam Peaty said on Thursday the introduction of mixed events for Tokyo 2020 would make the Olympics “more fun.”

“Obviously it’s very serious, but it’s great to mix things up from what they’ve been for so long as it adds a little spice and they’re great to watch.”

The IAAF welcomed the introduction of mixed relays but says it could be difficult to implement.

It said in a statement: “We should not expect the athletes entered to compete in the men’s and women’s 4x400m relays, from which the participants for the mixed relay will be naturally drawn, to compete in a third round of heats and finals for the mixed relay without allocating the appropriate space and time in the programme or enabling teams to bring additional athletes.”

But who cares if it makes sense or is feasible or if the athletes can even do it? It’s the “right” thing to do. Just like in our military. Who cares if women simply don’t have the physical ability to become Army Rangers or Navy SEALS? We must have them in those ranks to demonstrate gender equality.

“Equality” has become such a useless term. Of course we must ensure equality of opportunity, whether it’s in education or employment, and demand equality of treatment before the law. No question about that.

But can we just agree it’s not possible to stamp out humans like cookies and make them all “equal?”

Olympians by nature aren’t “normal.” That’s how they got to be champions. Their skills are unequal. That’s why some win medals and some don’t. If women go head-to-head against men and lose, will feminists complain it wasn’t “fair?”

And of course the next question is…what’s the IOC’s opinion on transgender athletes? We’ve already seen a transgender weightlifter, who was born male smashing the competition against those poor, unfortunate girlies who were born female and want to stay that way. How is THAT fair?

What’s not fair is having to endure a progressive agenda shoved down your throat. But we all have an option. We simply don’t have to watch.

Source: http://www.allenbwest.com/michele/olympics-introduces-jaw-dropping-change-2020-games

I read somewhere that there were only two bidders for hosting the next olympics that had not withdrawn (after the crushing debt and corruption of Rio) and zero bids for the one after that ... so the issue may be moot. :)

• Like 1

But we all have an option. We simply don’t have to watch.

That is an option I already exercise because I am not interested in sports.

• Like 2

Transmen dont compete against men because males who are born male can beat them easily. So It really irritates that they allow Transwomen who even grow up as adult men and transitioned for just 2 years compete against women even in combat sports. They even hide it to the female athletes that they are about to fight someone who is not only born as a man but also have the bone and muscle density of a man. Mutilating their sex organs and injecting lifespan shortening female hormones won't make them a woman. I remember the female MMA fighter who complained that she is not aware she is fighting a man.

Edited by Sparky

I really appreciate the idea of allowing transmen and transwomen to compete in a great game like Olympics and show their skills. But I would not encourage them to compete with the normal men and women who were born naturally by the way. It will be not fair and it is not equality. If they are going to compete in the games, let them have separate categories and players to compete with. By this way, I think they will also have a fair game and prove their skills. I hope they take a good decision.

• Like 1

I guess I don't understand. Is the "mixed" competition just co-ed teams? If so, I don't see the problem with that.

• Like 1

I have the solution: We remove male and female terminology from all sports, all grade levels, national international. Participants will be identified only by age. Example:

It, age 22, from Skofja Loka, Slovenia, will compete against it, age 24, from Fort Smith, Arkansas, in the its100-Meter dash. The winner will compete with it from Barcelona, Spain. The President of the games, it, from Stuttgart, Germany, will award the winner the It trophy. Here is a photograph of all the its involved.

Edited by Winken
  • Like 3

Participants will be identified only by age.

What will you do about people who prefer not to reveal their ages?

• Like 1

What will you do about people who prefer not to reveal their ages?

Drat! That shows you the confusion among my support staff! We'll drop ages. We'll also drop locations. The latter could be shown to be discriminatory due to climate. And.......... no photographs, TV, or news items, in view of race! And......... since there are no longer winners, just participants, both its will receive acknowledgement in private, the trophy split down the middle between them, by an uninformed it from the crowd.

Thanks for keeping my staff on top of this!

• Like 1

Drat! That shows you the confusion among my support staff! We'll drop ages. We'll also drop locations. The latter could be shown to be discriminatory due to climate. And.......... no photographs, TV, or news items, in view of race! And......... since there are no longer winners, just participants, both its will receive acknowledgement in private, the trophy split down the middle between them, by an uninformed it from the crowd.

Thanks for keeping my staff on top of this!

I take offense to awarding a trophy as a prize as someone that identified once as a token because of my Asian heritage but now as a trophy to mankind. :RpS_lol:

God bless,

William

• Like 1

I read the BBC article linked to in the OP, and it looks like this is indeed merely the IOC allowing co-ed team events.

I guess I fail to see what the issue is with that.

I read the BBC article linked to in the OP, and it looks like this is indeed merely the IOC allowing co-ed team events.

I guess I fail to see what the issue is with that.

So you see no issue with men taking the place of women on any team? Or women receiving hormone treatment such as testosterone competing against other women? There are cases already where one woman wrestler competed against other women, but the catch is she dominated as she was receiving testosterone injections.

Likewise, there are males identifying as women dominating weight lifting in the women's division. If the Olympics are allowing Transgender to compete under the gender of their choice it is merely a slippery slope of things to come.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

:RpS_scared: I remember now the quote by Ruth Graham long years ago. The wife of Reverend Billy Graham . Paraphrasing: If God doesn't judge America soon He'll owe an apology to Sodom and Gomorrah.

:RpS_unsure:

• Like 1

:RpS_scared: I remember now the quote by Ruth Graham long years ago. The wife of Reverend Billy Graham . Paraphrasing: If God doesn't judge America soon He'll owe an apology to Sodom and Gomorrah.

:RpS_unsure:

Oh, that's a good quote.

I once heard a politician state that he believes that America was blessed because America militarily supported the nation of Israel. I believe Israel has adopted the same views that America has about these issues. A nation that was supposed to be the light of the world. Just saying, not all of Israel is Israel :RpS_wink:

God bless,

William

• Like 1

Unfortunately, America's military under Obama has adopted Trans-afflicted enlistment policies. Making our military a joke now because we have men dressing as women in uniform. And vice versa. It's a civil right! :RpS_blink: Um, yeah. Prayerfully president Trump will repeal that policy. Women in service have to tolerate men in their barracks and showers?

• Like 1

So you see no issue with men taking the place of women on any team?

That makes no sense. Since these are co-ed teams that are specifically designed to be co-ed, no one is taking anyone's "place".

Or women receiving hormone treatment such as testosterone competing against other women? There are cases already where one woman wrestler competed against other women, but the catch is she dominated as she was receiving testosterone injections.

Likewise, there are males identifying as women dominating weight lifting in the women's division. If the Olympics are allowing Transgender to compete under the gender of their choice it is merely a slippery slope of things to come.

That's entirely different than the issue in the OP (co-ed teams). You do understand the difference between having co-ed teams and trans people competing, right?

I mean, honestly.....I can't think of any reason anyone would be against having co-ed teams. I guess maybe fundamentalist Muslims might since they're opposed to the mixing of sexes, but other than that, I just don't see the issue here. Unless you went to an all boys or all girls school growing up, your PE classes were co-ed, right?

That makes no sense. Since these are co-ed teams that are specifically designed to be co-ed, no one is taking anyone's "place". I mean, honestly.....I can't think of any reason anyone would be against having co-ed teams.

Having a team of all men with some dressed as women is not a co-ed team.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Having a team of all men with some dressed as women is not a co-ed team.

Where in the BBC article linked to in the OP did it say anything like that? All I saw was a mention of some new co-ed team events.

Where in the BBC article linked to in the OP did it say anything like that? All I saw was a mention of some new co-ed team events.

Are you serious?

• Like 1

Are you serious?

Yes. There's nothing at all about trans people competing in the Olympics. If you think there is, please quote that part of the article.

Yes. There's nothing at all about trans people competing in the Olympics. If you think there is, please quote that part of the article.

Transgender are allowed to compete in the Olympics.

1) Transgender guidelines

A. Since the 2003 Stockholm Consensus on Sex Reassignment in Sports, there has been a growing recognition of the importance of autonomy of gender identity in society, as reflected in the laws of many jurisdictions worldwide.

B. There are also, however, jurisdictions where autonomy of gender identity is not recognised in law at all.

C. It is necessary to ensure insofar as possible that trans athletes are not excluded from the opportunity to participate in sporting competition.

D. The overriding sporting objective is and remains the guarantee of fair competition. Restrictions on participation are appropriate to the extent that they are necessary and proportionate to the achievement of that objective.

E. To require surgical anatomical changes as a pre-condition to participation is not necessary to preserve fair competition and may be inconsistent with developing legislation and notions of human rights. - http://defiantamerica.com/olympics-introduces-new-transgender-rule-2020-games/

http://time.com/4193091/transgender-olypmics-surgery/

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/26/s...mpics-ioc.html

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/03/21...2020-olympics/

Transgender are allowed to compete in the Olympics.

1) Transgender guidelines

A. Since the 2003 Stockholm Consensus on Sex Reassignment in Sports, there has been a growing recognition of the importance of autonomy of gender identity in society, as reflected in the laws of many jurisdictions worldwide.

B. There are also, however, jurisdictions where autonomy of gender identity is not recognised in law at all.

C. It is necessary to ensure insofar as possible that trans athletes are not excluded from the opportunity to participate in sporting competition.

D. The overriding sporting objective is and remains the guarantee of fair competition. Restrictions on participation are appropriate to the extent that they are necessary and proportionate to the achievement of that objective.

E. To require surgical anatomical changes as a pre-condition to participation is not necessary to preserve fair competition and may be inconsistent with developing legislation and notions of human rights. - http://defiantamerica.com/olympics-introduces-new-transgender-rule-2020-games/

http://time.com/4193091/transgender-olypmics-surgery/

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/26/s...mpics-ioc.html

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/03/21...2020-olympics/

Thanks for posting, it's quite informative. But I have to wonder, why didn't you post this material in the OP? The only thing the BBC article in the OP talked about was co-ed team events.

Thanks for posting, it's quite informative. But I have to wonder, why didn't you post this material in the OP? The only thing the BBC article in the OP talked about was co-ed team events.

I wasn't the OP's original author. I posted a link to the source. I think, the author assumed most knew the latest news concerning Transgenderism in the Olympics. The Conservative news outlets I subscribe to talk about these kinds of things daily. Most liberal publications do not. So unless you're subscribed to these kinds (Conservative) of publications, I doubt you'd know what the latest ruckus is all about.

God bless,

William

It would be an idea to place ALL the transgenders in their own category, let them compete against themselves... ALL of them: women->men & men-> women, let them compete against each other! Don't place true women & men against any of the transgenders.... Allow them to make a mockery of themselves, a just reaction to the action!!

• Like 2