The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
S.T.Ranger

Multiple Quotes

Text size, fonts, and colors have been disabled. We had too many people abuse them. Not to mention there are multiple templates available to use, and some of the fonts and colors caused havoc in them.

I have only seen a few people "abuse" text, which makes for a good excuse to ban, lol, if they will not clean up their act.

That is a feature (no control of text size) that I am not fond of. Scripture should always be set apart from what the poster is saying, in my view. In reviewing a few posts it was difficult to distinguish between Scripture and what the poster/s were saying. Of course, not many do this anyway, so not really going to affect most posters.

God bless.

I have only seen a few people "abuse" text, which makes for a good excuse to ban, lol, if they will not clean up their act.

That is a feature (no control of text size) that I am not fond of. Scripture should always be set apart from what the poster is saying, in my view. In reviewing a few posts it was difficult to distinguish between Scripture and what the poster/s were saying. Of course, not many do this anyway, so not really going to affect most posters.

God bless.

Generally, I quote Scripture. Wrap it in quotes. Regular quotes are distinguished from quoting others, which may be done by either clicking quote below a posters post or by highlighting the text, a quote button will appear. Feel free to acclimate to our text editor, which was updated the other night.

God bless.

Generally, I quote Scripture. Wrap it in quotes. Regular quotes are distinguished from quoting others, which may be done by either clicking quote below a posters post or by highlighting the text, a quote button will appear. Feel free to acclimate to our text editor, which was updated the other night.

Using quoting to set it apart is a good suggestion, and I love the function that allows you to highlight part of a post instead of the entire post. The last forum I was on had this function, as well as a function to save that quote to a page for later reference. It had some funkiness (the forum) so this made it easier to parse.

God bless.

Using quoting to set it apart is a good suggestion, and I love the function that allows you to highlight part of a post instead of the entire post. The last forum I was on had this function, as well as a function to save that quote to a page for later reference. It had some funkiness (the forum) so this made it easier to parse.

God bless.

We have the option to multi quote too. You can quote multiple people, in "post reply" top left button of your screen will appear the number of quotes which are stored. It is too complicated for my simple mind, however, and I don't use its function.

We have the option to multi quote too. You can quote multiple people, in "post reply" top left button of your screen will appear the number of quotes which are stored. It is too complicated for my simple mind, however, and I don't use its function.

Do you know how to store the quote? Tried it, but it simply comes up in the quote box.

God bless.

Do you know how to store the quote? Tried it, but it simply comes up in the quote box.

God bless.

No, I am inexperienced when it comes to the multi quote feature. To quote multiple times I normally highlight the text of a poster, then choose quote from the button that appears under the highlighted text. I'll dig around Vbulletin's instruction for ckeditor, there may be some changes to it since we updated. If I find anything worthwhile I'll post it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n14570[/ATTACH]

quote.thumb.jpg.9d7f3db47d236d9a66a82f48b776e014.jpg

God bless.

No, I am inexperienced when it comes to the multi quote feature. To quote multiple times I normally highlight the text of a poster, then choose quote from the button that appears under the highlighted text. I'll dig around Vbulletin's instruction for ckeditor, there may be some changes to it since we updated. If I find anything worthwhile I'll post it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n14570[/ATTACH]

Okay, I see. I guess this cannot be taken to another thread?

Okay, gotta get going.

God bless.