The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
Chuckt

Translator Versions of the Bible?

I was in a Christian bookstore years ago and they had Bibles by different translators. They were all gone when I went back to buy them.

If you were a translator, you probably had to translate the Bible and you were on a translation committee. I'm sure some of these translators had their own translations of the Bible.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some references.

I'm not talking about Bible versions on Bible Gateway. I'm looking for versions that aren't well known.

What do you mean by translator versions? Do you mean translations by individuals, rather than committees?

Yes. I own "The New Testament" by Dr. Kenneth Weust. He was one of the translators of the NASB and part time professor of Greek at Moody Bible Institute. I also own his commentaries on translating the New Testament.

I know there are others but Christian booksellers seem to be promoting newer materials that I can get anywhere.

Here's one I played with a while back, the KJ3.

I don't see much value in them. The Bible is too big a job for even the best translator to do even a half-adequate job translating alone. I do find translator's notes to be very helpful, especially when those notes amount to commentary about translation choices.

Thank you. I have Jay Green's Interlinear Bible.

I know there are four other translators that have their own translation.

There are other modern day translators whom aren't on any translation committees as far as I know but they claim to have translated almost word for word to the NIV and NASB.