Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can we improve upon?

Hello Members,

I'd like to ask you about your impressions here. Do you have any complaints or suggestions? How can we make Christforums' better? Please feel free to comment on our software and staff!

God bless,
    William

This is the best we have done since our debut two years ago. Alexa tracks the top 26 million websites around the world:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	30124

Comment

Originally posted by William View Post
      How can we make Christforums' better?
      I would enjoy having sections that specifically relate to Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Roman Catholicism, Islam, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post

I would enjoy having sections that specifically relate to Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Roman Catholicism, Islam, etc.

G'day Faber,

Not going to happen. We used to have categories for such in our old forum under a different domain. It got so bad I hated to even come onto the site.

I would suggest a "Religion" forums rather than a Theology forums. We do have the Arianism and also the Pelagian categories. Both of those actually cover three out of four that you had listed. Beyond that, I'm not going to spend any money providing resources for them to publish material on the web. That not only goes for those you listed but also any other cult.

I do thank you though for your suggestions.

God bless,
        William

Comment

It got so bad I hated to even come onto the site.
          Okay thanks William. How did it get "so bad"? Please explain.

Thanks

Comment

Okay thanks William. How did it get "so bad"? Please explain.

Thanks
            Lets just say our Rule # 1 is "All talk should be to the glory of God." That's rather difficult to do, don't you think, when someone is constantly opposing the Word of God by twisting Scripture, and stripping Jesus of His divinity?

God bless,
            William

Comment

Yes, I agree.

Is it possible that it can be a section open only to Christians to discuss how to earnestly contend for the faith when dealing with such heretical groups?

Comment

Is it possible that it can be a section open only to Christians to discuss how to earnestly contend for the faith when dealing with such heretical groups?
                Yes, the general Apologetics and Theology should cover anything that does not belong in the Arianism and Pelagianism categories.

God Bless,
                William

Comment

William Is there any kind of help or advice when Christians are under full attack?

Comment

That's not really what this thread is about, but if you have a specific problem you would like to discuss you can certainly start another thread in another section of the forum.

Comment

Yes, I agree.

If you're frequenting the board you may notice that there are some here at the moment from different religions. If no other members actually want to address these people then please do not expect the staff to break from our niche and allow them to take over the board in numbers. This is not an open religious board, but at the moment I am allowing a few other "religious groups" to be present so that members here can engage said individuals:

What does the Bible say about other faith? -Christforums
                      Who is the REAL God? -Christforums

God bless,
                      William

Comment

Hello Members,

I'd like to ask you about your impressions here. Do you have any complaints or suggestions? How can we make Christforums' better? Please feel free to comment on our software and staff!

God bless,
                        William
                        I have been involved in many internet forums of religious and spiritual nature. The main problem that I see is that every forum becomes dominated by a few members who have decided they're the Kings of the website and this causes the rest of the members to stop posting. They become friends even though they might argue with each other all day long but they are the bully group that take control over the rest of the members.

I've been in websites with well over 100,000 members with only a few members participating in the various threads. You will notice many viewers of a thread but only those few members who are always posting in them. They become the bullies that most people get offended by because the bullies are always right even though they might be following the rules.

These self-righteous bullies are like the government of a country who decides what is good for the rest of the citizens of the country. This destroys the integrity of forums like this so be careful when moderating. Those bullies learn how to stay in control and they hate being wrong. In fact, the bullies can easily get any member they don't like banned by reporting them to the moderators but there best tactic is to constantly attack the weaker members until they stop posting. They learn how to stay within the strict rules of the forum and get along with the moderators. Most of them are long time supporters of the forum so they are favored by the moderators.

The best website I ever participated in was MySpace.com before Murdoch bought it and totally changed the blogging format that caused all the bloggers to quit soon afterwards. The reason that MySpace.com was so successful is because it wasn't moderated at all. It couldn't be controlled by a small group of bullies who get other members banned like they do in other forums. This means there were many groups of bullies in MySpace.com who fought against each other and it kept the forum alive and well. No one group could dominate the forums like they do in all the other forums I've been in since then. I've seen heavily moderated forums go dead with a few hard core bully members who are good friends with themselves and the moderators. None of the other members want to participate with these bullies in control.

So my suggestion is to moderate this forum very lightly and don't ban members just because other members don't like what they post. All it takes is for one self-righteous member to complain about what other members believe that is different than what they believe. This one self-righteous member seeks out the members who agree with their beliefs and this becomes the bully group. Once they see they're in control of the forum, they love it.

New member,
                        LordyLordy

Comment

I'd like to mention I'm using the Barebones style.

To me that's the best style you have. I'm not too fancy with navigating through nodes being side by side like that. Though it does look appealing I will add.

Also thanks for having such a great site. I plan on being active here for the most part. Glad I can be apart of such a good site.

Anyways I'm glad you have the barebones style. I think all your styles are good but I wanted to share my personal opinion that the default style is really hard to navigate for me.

Last I'd like to mention that there's no way to escape the barebones style once you have enabled it. That's an issue I'm experiencing on my end. It does not show the style chooser once you go into barebones and there's no way to get out it. Not sure how this happened.
                          Last edited by Cloud; 04-01-2017, 11:08 AM.

Comment

I wanted to bring up the notifications. For example, today I have one that says, "William quoted you in a post." It doesn't link to or even mention which topic this occurred in. I couldn't find it to see if I wanted / needed to respond. I have others that just say "1 person replied to your subscription." It doesn't tell me who or which subscription. Is there a way to make it easier to find out? I don't really have time to go through every thread I've been in to see if there are replies, etc. Is there a setting I need to change or something?

Comment

Something odd that I have noticed is that if someone comments and then deletes that comment in a thread in which you have participated you still get a notification that someone made a comment, yet does not actually show the thread, just a -1 in the notification. I wonder if there is a way to optimize the notifications so we don't actually get these.

Comment

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
                                Something odd that I have noticed is that if someone comments and then deletes that comment in a thread in which you have participated you still get a notification that someone made a comment, yet does not actually show the thread, just a -1 in the notification. I wonder if there is a way to optimize the notifications so we don't actually get these.
                                There isn't. If someone posts spam etc or a response is deleted the notification is made instantaneous. An email is sent out if that option is checked, it cannot be reeled back in.

Originally posted by thisnthat View Post
                                I wanted to bring up the notifications. For example, today I have one that says, "William quoted you in a post." It doesn't link to or even mention which topic this occurred in. I couldn't find it to see if I wanted / needed to respond. I have others that just say "1 person replied to your subscription." It doesn't tell me who or which subscription. Is there a way to make it easier to find out? I don't really have time to go through every thread I've been in to see if there are replies, etc. Is there a setting I need to change or something?
                                This occurs when a response has been deleted or moved or in some cases multiple responses have been merged. Again, when a person responds etc the notification is sent out. If later moderation takes place the notification cannot be reeled back in.

God bless,
                                William

Comment

Sponsors

Collapse

Working...
                                X
                                Articles - News - SiteMap