This form provides us with the opportunity to address any questions or concerns that you may have.

Search problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search problem

I just posted a message about the movie War Room in the Movies section. Before I posted it I did a search to find out if there were already any posts on this movie. I entered the words "war room" in the search space. I got a lot of results which only contained the word "room" but not the word "war." There were too many for me to read them all so I just went ahead and made my post.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
    I just posted a message about the movie War Room in the Movies section. Before I posted it I did a search to find out if there were already any posts on this movie. I entered the words "war room" in the search space. I got a lot of results which only contained the word "room" but not the word "war." There were too many for me to read them all so I just went ahead and made my post.
    Thanks Theo, I reluctantly adjusted the search engine to allow minimum searchable word lengths of 3 characters or more. I say reluctantly because our search engine would only search for words with 4 letters or more, thus "war" was unsearchable. I now changed the minimum character length in a word to 3 letters and had to reindex the site... . which means the database grew in size.

Anyhoot, thanks for forwarding this issue, it is now fixed. Your search "war" and "room" is now found in the search index.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Thanks for helping solve the problem.
      Clyde Herrin's Blog
      Comment>

I use to have this same problem at my forum... and I never figured out how to solve it! So, thank you very much William, tks to you I learned something today and can apply in my Forum.
        Theophilus, can you confirm to me that this is working now? Tks.
        Comment>

Originally posted by seupaulo View Post
          Theophilus, can you confirm to me that this is working now?
          Yes.
          Clyde Herrin's Blog
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap