Technical information and announcements about our Christian forums.

"Like" System Has Been Removed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Like" System Has Been Removed

I have removed the "Like" system from the board and reputations. An issue has arose after migrating from our dedicated server to this VPS. While I will work on resolving the issue, I am uncertain if I want the Like system back. I notice people seemingly are either encouraged or discouraged by it. I don't want to promote "people pleasing". This is something I notice with available options to either like or dislike a post.

If you receive anything positive or negative from a post, express yourself appropriately letting the poster know. I think this will stimulate more forum activity than hitting a "like" button.

Your thoughts?

God bless,
    William

I think we can probably live without the "Like" button. But that's just my opinion.
    Comment>

I like it ;)
      Attached Files
      Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
      Comment>

I liked the "Like" system because it enabled me to express and opinion about a post without going to all of the trouble of making a post, but I won't have any problem getting along without it.
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

Yes i do believe that removing the Like system will greatly benefit the forum as it will encourage people to express their opinion more and have more profound conversations rather than just clicking a button.
          Comment>

It's okay with me with or without the 'Like' button. Stating our opinion on a matter for open discussion is much nicer, too.
            Comment>

I can live without it. If removing it encourages people to share their views rather than click like, then it creates more debate, and that is be a good thing.
              Comment>

I sort of liked the "like" system as it could provide a positive "thank you" to a poster. I suppose it could be abused, but I never really saw it as such. On the other hand, as mentioned in the post, perhaps it is just better to reply with a word of encouragement instead.
                Comment>

The issue that arose from the site migration has been resolved. I can enable the like system at anytime. If you think that the forum was better off with it then please express so. I'll take member feedback seriously in determining whether or not to enable it or to disable it.

Note: I have enabled the Like system to make sure that issues are resolved.

God bless,
                  William
                  Comment>

I definitely think the forum is better with the Like system.
                    Clyde Herrin's Blog
                    Comment>

Using the app, I never lost the option of liking a post 😅
                      Comment>

Looks like the Like click is back! It's just a natural response to thumbs-up-Like something being said right away. But following the Like with sincere thoughts about the matter is even better. :-)
                        Comment>

Originally posted by PsalmOneCares View Post
                          Looks like the Like click is back! It's just a natural response to thumbs-up-Like something being said right away. But following the Like with sincere thoughts about the matter is even better. :-)
                          Granted, I think thoughtful response is always better than a click. Liking someone's post may be encouraging, but telling them why you liked the post is even more edifying.

We actually had a person become belligerent on the board because his posts were not being liked. He began attacking those that liked his opponents while in debate lol.

Thought that was rather amusing.

God bless,
                          William
                          Comment>
                          Working...
                          X
                          Articles - News - SiteMap