Technical information and announcements about our Christian forums.

Php 7.1 12/7/2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Php 7.1 12/7/2016

Just updated the site to PHP 7.1 latest. Please report any bugs etc.

For information on this version: PHP 7.1 update puts speed before syntax | InfoWorld

God bless,
    William

I have encountered a bug. The forum works fine when I choose Main Forums or one of the individual forums but when I choose a group of forums, such as General Discussions or Christian Community, none of the forums in that group appear.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
      I have encountered a bug. The forum works fine when I choose Main Forums or one of the individual forums but when I choose a group of forums, such as General Discussions or Christian Community, none of the forums in that group appear.
      Good catch Theo,

I'll have to verify that this is actually because of the PHP version. I'll try when the forum is less busy in the early hours of the morning.

God bless,
      William

Edit: Verified, a bug from the PHP 7.1 switch.
      Comment>

What a nightmare.... host has upgraded to PHP 7.0.14. The site is incompatible with that version. Also 7.1 no longer works but returns a 500 server error. I had to downgrade all the way to 5.6.29 which is a new version too. The site lost compatibility with its ability to store css templates as files.

Theo, the subs do work now though. Thanks for reporting the issue.

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
          What a nightmare.... host has upgraded to PHP 7.0.14. The site is incompatible with that version. Also 7.1 no longer works but returns a 500 server error. I had to downgrade all the way down to 5.6.29 which is a new version too. The site lost compatibility with its ability to store css templates as files.
          Sounds like it was a mess.

Comment>

Back on 7.1 but the subs do not show. Vbulletin is aware that there is a problem and working on the issue.

God bless,
            William
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap