Technical information and announcements about our Christian forums.

Major Server Issues 7/27/2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Server Issues 7/27/2016

We have encountered major server errors throughout the night. It appears that our host had updated the PHP version without informing clients. We have been working on a solution. Please backup your work before posting, as several restores have been performed throughout the night.

God bless,
    William

I was in the process of posting some information here in regard to your query: 1John 3:16,17 What is Love? -Christforums

But now it is gone. I will post again in an hour or two. Will everything be fine by then?
    Comment>

Originally posted by Origen View Post
      I was in the process of posting some information here in regard to your query: 1John 3:16,17 What is Love? -Christforums

But now it is gone. I will post again in an hour or two. Will everything be fine by then?
      Should be fine now. We are using an older PHP version though which gives the site a slower load time. Other than that we shouldn't have to restore anymore.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

God bless,
      William
      Comment>

Not a problem and thanks. I just wanted to make sure that I would not have to it again.
        Comment>

Not a problem and thanks. I just wanted to make sure that I would not have to it again.
          Just as I read your reply I noticed an issue. Hopefully it will not affect your post. Seems that support from our hosting company is working on the issue now.
          Comment>

I will wait.
            Comment>

I will wait.
              Done for the day. I haven't slept at all, working on the site since 11pm last night. It is now 10 am and I need a few hours of sleep at least. Feel free to make your post Origen.

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

Sleep well.
                Comment>

Could be time to find a new hosting provider.
                  Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
                    Could be time to find a new hosting provider.
                    The issue really upset me. There were around half a dozen correspondences over this issue which resulted in further escalating my support ticket. This incident was actually the first time that I had issue with Siteground managed servers. The issue was with an auto-update system for the PHP. They remedied the situation by taking our server off it, now allowing me time to upgrade the site software before manually requesting PHP upgrades. The upgrade to PHP that occurred happened before the forum software company could deliver a workable solution for the current version of PHP.

By the way, the new private chat system is functional though the three selectable templates (bottom left of screen) need updating. Unless they are updated the chat icons do not show next to member's names. Then there is the issue of the menu / social bar being outdated. I have gave input and suggestions to the forum software developer, and two 3rd party developers - requesting a notification pop up or slider of chat requests independent of the main menu. Through the 3rd party developer I gave a wish list for additional features in a menu / social bar. That's all I can do, anything more is beyond my technical level.

God bless,
                    William
                    Comment>
                    Working...
                    X
                    Articles - News - SiteMap