Use this prayer board to post your prayer requests and praises, or respond in prayer to other's requests.

Prayer Requests for TonyT

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Prayer Requests for TonyT

    I am really stressed out and worried that I will say mean and evil things about people who are overweight (I am obese myself) and about people who are not Jewish. Please pray against that ever happening. I know that I can trust in God so that it wont ever happen, but I need support too. Thank You and God Bless.

    #2
    Hello, I need pray for an externship I am on because it is hard to pray during the time that I am on it since I am working. Thank You and God Bless.
    Comment>

      #3
      Please pray for me to be diligent and only say good things to other people and about other people.
      Comment>

        #4
        I will pray that God will help you to control your speech so you will only say what he wants you to say.
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

          #5
          Everyone is responsible for his/ her actions and words. Think twice before you speak. There's a verse that says -- Whatever you do - in word or deed - do all to the glory of God..
          Comment>

            #6
            There's a poem I grew kinda fond of:

            If you are tempted to reveal
            A tale to you someone has told
            About another, make it pass,
            Before you speak, three gates of gold;
            These narrow gates. First, “Is it true?”
            Then, “Is it needful?” In your mind
            Give truthful answer. And the next
            Is last and narrowest, “Is it kind?”
            And if to reach your lips at last
            It passes through these gateways three,
            Then you may tell the tale, nor fear
            What the result of speech may be.
            by Beth Day (1835)

            God bless,
            William
            Comment>

              #7
              Amy Carmichael (55 years a Protestant missionary in India) said something remarkably similar. She probably got the idea for it from Beth Day's poem!

              Click image for larger version  Name:	quote-let-nothing-be-said-about-anyone-unless-it-passes-through-the-three-sieves-is-it-true-amy-carmichael-88-8-0821.jpg Views:	1 Size:	58.3 KB ID:	44346
              Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

              "We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

              "Instead of a river, God often gives us a brook, which may be running today and dried up tomorrow. Why? To teach us not to rest in our blessings, but in the Blesser Himself." ~A. W. Pink

              "The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

              "The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
              Comment>

                #8
                Originally posted by David Lee View Post
                Amy Carmichael (55 years a Protestant missionary in India) said something remarkably similar. She probably got the idea for it from Beth Day's poem!

                Click image for larger version Name:	quote-let-nothing-be-said-about-anyone-unless-it-passes-through-the-three-sieves-is-it-true-amy-carmichael-88-8-0821.jpg Views:	1 Size:	58.3 KB ID:	44346

                India? That explains it:

                “Before you speak, let your words pass through three gates:
                At the first gate, ask yourself “Is is true?”
                At the second gate ask, “Is it necessary?”
                At the third gate ask, “Is it kind?”
                ~ Rumi

                Rumi was from India. And I believe he lived in the 1200s. Haven't verified his date of birth and death.

                God bless,
                William
                Comment>

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Sue D. View Post
                  Everyone is responsible for his/ her actions and words. Think twice before you speak. There's a verse that says -- Whatever you do - in word or deed - do all to the glory of God..
                  Hi Tony, I agree with Sue and with what 1 Corinthians 10:31 says (of course ;)), you need to pray and consider what you're about to say before you say it. As for what else the Bible has to say, this is the principle verse that I keep in mind for that very purpose, because if what you choose to say passes this test, I can't imagine that your words will ever get you into trouble again!

                  Ephesians 4
                  29 Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, that it may give grace to those who hear.

                  Praying for you!

                  In Christ,
                  David

                  Matthew 7
                  12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
                  Last edited by David Lee; 07-19-2017, 06:13 PM.
                  Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

                  "We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

                  "Instead of a river, God often gives us a brook, which may be running today and dried up tomorrow. Why? To teach us not to rest in our blessings, but in the Blesser Himself." ~A. W. Pink

                  "The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

                  "The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
                  Comment>

                    #10
                    Hi, Tony, I think you are a man with a good soul otherwise you would not ask us something like this. It did happen to me too, I am a good person and I try to help the other people, but the people around me don't treat me the same, I don't know why....but when I have difficulties, and a lot of problems they start to laugh about me or just treat me really ugly. In moments like this, I'm thinking just like you, I hope to say good things about them, and love these people. When we are hit, and we are down is very difficult to treat others with respect and love.
                    I will pray for you, my friend to find the right way and the right words!
                    Comment>

                      #11
                      Originally posted by wallet View Post
                      Hi, Tony, I think you are a man with a good soul otherwise you would not ask us something like this. It did happen to me too, I am a good person and I try to help the other people, but the people around me don't treat me the same, I don't know why....but when I have difficulties, and a lot of problems they start to laugh about me or just treat me really ugly. In moments like this, I'm thinking just like you, I hope to say good things about them, and love these people. When we are hit, and we are down is very difficult to treat others with respect and love.
                      I will pray for you, my friend to find the right way and the right words!
                      Those people are probably acting that way Because you Are trying to be a good person. Christian people aren't supposed to Have problems in the first place --supposedly-- So --when we Do -- it won't be Fun.
                      Comment>

                        #12
                        Please pray for me because at times I feel tempted to sin for the sake of the things I want or if I do not get my way. Please pray that that never happens. Please pray that I never sin against God or against other human beings.
                        Comment>

                          #13
                          Hi Tony How long have you been a believer. ( saved ) Your request is a worthy one. Do you attend any Bible studies on a regular basis.
                          Comment>

                            #14
                            Father God please keep this lust far from,Tony,many wiles tempt us all each day and we must remember that through Jesus we can resist such wiles and do right for you God,in Jesus's holy name I humbly pray,AMEN.
                            Comment>

                              #15
                              Father God I pray unto to you,to guide,Tony T,to not only speak well of others but have no hate in his heart for many mock your servants because they like to make a name for themselves,through such iniquity,and bring to reminder scripture as well to,Tony T,for him to reflect on to grasp why others treat him so dismally and that he has chosen correctly and wisely to ask for prayer for in the bible it is written"anger but sin not" so keep him from acting toward such hateful mocking,instead guide him to say good things or if necessary for him to not speak toward them,"for a foolish man speaketh his mind,a wiseman holdeth his peace",in Jesus's holy name I humbly pray,AMEN.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap