Use this prayer board to post your prayer requests and praises, or respond in prayer to other's requests.

Question about prayer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about prayer

This may not be the right place to ask, but whenever I pray I cry. I am not a very emotional person, and the prayer may not even be emotional, but I cry every time and only when I pray. Even when I was younger when I sometimes went to church, when everyone would pray after singing, or some times during singing, tears would fall from my eyes out of nowhere. Is this kind of normal?

Originally posted by Trist View Post
    Even when I was younger when I sometimes went to church, when everyone would pray after singing, or some times during singing, tears would fall from my eyes out of nowhere. Is this kind of normal?
    This happened to me a lot when I was a child too. It doesn't happen anymore to be honest. I'm not really sure if it's normal or not. Maybe you're more emotional than you think. Maybe you're really thankful or hopeful when you pray. Praying time is a sacred moment so it could be understandable if you're more emotional than you normally are.
    Comment>

It may be that you're very emotional, or you may have a health problem (allergies or something related to your lacrimal glands). Does it happen every single time you pray?
      Comment>

Originally posted by Lucian Hodoboc View Post
        It may be that you're very emotional, or you may have a health problem (allergies or something related to your lacrimal glands). Does it happen every single time you pray?
        It happens every time I pray, and it happens whether my eyes are closed or opened. After careful consideration I've determined that while my mind may be apathetic, my body still carries the message to my brain that I am in distress. The distress is from much fear and trembling on my part, but most of it is not felt because my heart is still very hardened.
        Comment>

It happens every time I pray, and it happens whether my eyes are closed or opened. After careful consideration I've determined that while my mind may be apathetic, my body still carries the message to my brain that I am in distress. The distress is from much fear and trembling on my part, but most of it is not felt because my heart is still very hardened.

Why is your heart hardened.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Sue D. View Post

Why is your heart hardened.
            Because the generations before me have polluted the faith with the doctrines of men and teach slothful salvation.
            Comment>

What do you mean by slothful salvation? What do you consider doctrines of men rather than Bible doctrine.
              Comment>

Originally posted by Trist
                This may not be the right place to ask, but whenever I pray I cry. I am not a very emotional person, and the prayer may not even be emotional, but I cry every time and only when I pray. Even when I was younger when I sometimes went to church, when everyone would pray after singing, or some times during singing, tears would fall from my eyes out of nowhere. Is this kind of normal?
                I have experienced this on a few occassions, uncontrollable tears whilst praying. At first it was very distressing until I learned from the scriptures that when I pray, the Spirit prays with me.

In effect what I have come to understand by that is that as I come before the throne of grace and pray, God's Spirit prays within me and it is the emotion that flows from that which brings on the tears. Strangely, at least for me, there was no sorrow, during and after the time of prayer all I felt was joy!
                Comment>

Maybe it's because you're more reserved about your emotions and when you're praying it's a way for you to release them. I tend to get emotional when I pray sometimes, mainly when it's things I've bottled up. I'm not one to talk much about my troubles, so prayer is my way to talk about it. There's nothing wrong with that in my opinion.
                  Comment>

Because the generations before me have polluted the faith with the doctrines of men and teach slothful salvation.
                    I've been hoping for a response to my question -- what doctrines of men are you referring to and what is meant by 'and teach slothful salvation"?

You've stated that That has hardened your heart.
                    Comment>

Originally posted by Sue D. View Post
                      what doctrines of men are you referring to and what is meant by 'and teach slothful salvation"?
                      Slothful salvation usually refers to the belief that faith alone, without works, is fruitless and therefore should not be the focus of a true Christian.
                      Comment>

Originally posted by Lucian Hodoboc View Post
                        Slothful salvation usually refers to the belief that faith alone, without works, is fruitless and therefore should not be the focus of a true Christian.
                        There's a Big difference between trying to work For salvation and the good works a person does in the process of pleasing God that has Nothing to do with attaining salvation or needing to work to maintain salvation.

There's a verse in James? Faith without works is dead. 2:14 - 24. But that is Not a works' based salvation. People Should be able to 'see' Christ in us. In what we do and say.
                        Comment>
                        Working...
                        X
                        Articles - News - SiteMap