Use this prayer board to post your prayer requests and praises, or respond in prayer to other's requests.

Prayer - Quality or quantity ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer - Quality or quantity ?

I think God prefers the quality of prayer rather than quantity. God really help his him beings with miracles and blessings whenever they cry for help. We would have asked our God for our deeds and needs in order to get them fulfill. I never turned back with a heavy heart after prayer. My experience with requesting the God has never been hopeless. He was always there whenever no one else was with me.

What is your opinion about prayer?

I think that prayer is not just about asking for things and crying for help, it is about thanking God for the things he gives us and things that happen in our lives. Therefore it isn't a cae of quality over quantity because he hears the slightest prayer, the smallest and quietest thanks or acknowledgement. Some are moved to prayer often, some seldom, but all Christians offer prayer in their own way so saying that one is better than another seems wrong. The important thing is to pray.

I don't see why one prayer would be better 'quality' than another. Whether a person prayers for selfish things, or gives thanks to God, both are a prayer and both will be heard, judged, and answered as God chooses. If you start judging the quality of prayer, all you will do is drive away people who can't meet that standard.
    Comment>

Originally posted by jahanzeb ali qureshi
      I think God prefers the quality of prayer rather than quantity. God really help his him beings with miracles and blessings whenever they cry for help. We would have asked our God for our deeds and needs in order to get them fulfill. I never turned back with a heavy heart after prayer. My experience with requesting the God has never been hopeless. He was always there whenever no one else was with me.

What is your opinion about prayer?
      I can understand why you would think the quality of a prayer is more important than the number of prayers spoken: "And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words"(MT 6:7). That's only one verse about prayer however. The Bible also teaches that we are to pray often and continuously. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says "pray without ceasing" and Jesus even uses a parable to illustrate the importance of perseverance in prayer (Luke 18:1-8). Most importantly It's who we pray to that makes all the difference (Hebrews 4:15-16).

My favorite thing about prayer though, has to be that God knows what we need even before we ask him (MT 6:8). 😀
      Comment>

If you cannot pray with your devoted heart, there is no point in praying. Praying demands pure heat, deep faith and devotion. If the person who is praying is doubtful, the praying is just like reading book. Therefore, prayer should be of quality and not quantity. There is no point in praying three times a day when you do not believe in the Lord. Instead praying just once a day with full devotion is more fruitful.
        Comment>

I'm closing this thread. This category is not intended for discussion or debate, but actual prayer request and prayer for others.

God bless,
          William
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap