Use this prayer board to post your prayer requests and praises, or respond in prayer to other's requests.

Please pray for the state of the world...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please pray for the state of the world...

It was with a heavy heart that I saw on the news the tragedy unfolding in France - it seems like lately it has been one act of terror after another, in all parts of the world. Bangladesh, Istanbul...I just feel like it keeps happening and people keep losing their lives to hatred.

I don't know what else to do but pray, and show love. And I hope that if others keep doing the same, maybe we will see the world less consumed by hate.

Praying is all we really can do, it is unfortunate that so many turn to violence in all aspects of our world today whether its terrorism or assault. It is important to remember the non-violent teachings of Christ and apply them to our everyday lives.
    Comment>

Originally posted by turnb43 View Post
      Praying is all we really can do, it is unfortunate that so many turn to violence in all aspects of our world today whether its terrorism or assault. It is important to remember the non-violent teachings of Christ and apply them to our everyday lives.
      Yes...all I feel like I can do is love more...love stronger...love in a more visible way to people. That's where it all begins. Doing good deeds, helping people, expressing you care...and then hopefully it filters through to others, right?

I hope so, anyway...
      Comment>

We should extend this prayer to those innocent civilians who died in the attempted coup in Turkey and got caught in the crossfire, what is happening in the world? Black lives matter killing people, terrorists killing people and governments nearly being toppled - The world is going crazy! Pray for stability!
        Comment>

Originally posted by turnb43 View Post
          The world is going crazy! Pray for stability!
          We should pray that the instability in the world will make people realize their need to trust in God rather than in anything that is in the world.
          Clyde Herrin's Blog
          Comment>

We all will pray for the world so that they will come to see the light and be the part of our eternal heavenly family.
            Comment>

Honestly, look at history. You will find that despite recent events the world is pretty stable right now.
              Comment>

It makes me sad to know that my little brother and sister are going to grow up in this world. The news of tragic events seem to be much more frequent today. Every time I open my laptop and make my way to Google news, there are a series of tragedies going on in the world. I have been praying like crazy and just hoping to see some good in the world. The amount of racism, terrorism, etc. is just too much to bare at times. The children of the world know nothing different and hopefully, are ignorant to the situations going on at the moment. It just makes me sad to know that they might grow up in a world that shows nothing but hatred for one another.
                Comment>

Anyone watching the major news and trends around the world can see that so much terror is happening and so difficult to make sense where this dangerous trend is taking us. We can only pray,yes, and remember that our Creator is "Lord of heaven and earth" and is guiding events to work out what he has foretold in the Bible.
                  Comment>

Originally posted by nytegeek View Post
                    Honestly, look at history. You will find that despite recent events the world is pretty stable right now.
                    My husband and I were talking about this. He did mention that overall he thought the world was more stable than 100 years ago. But I think these days it's hard - yes we had world wars in the past, but these days the world seems to have a level of unpredictable fear that maybe wasn't there back in the day. I don't know - I'm not a history major, but I just know that people are hurt and scared in the world now and I just think we need to focus on making the here and now better. Any steps towards more peace and love have to be seen as a good thing no matter what the past held.
                    Comment>

Originally posted by lexinonomous View Post
                      It makes me sad to know that my little brother and sister are going to grow up in this world. The news of tragic events seem to be much more frequent today. Every time I open my laptop and make my way to Google news, there are a series of tragedies going on in the world. I have been praying like crazy and just hoping to see some good in the world. The amount of racism, terrorism, etc. is just too much to bare at times. The children of the world know nothing different and hopefully, are ignorant to the situations going on at the moment. It just makes me sad to know that they might grow up in a world that shows nothing but hatred for one another.
                      I think the best thing we can do is show them how to love and respect everyone. It starts with young people! I see kids playing with each other, showing love and not caring about things like race or religion - it's a good message for adults to take heed of. Love one another!
                      Comment>

Originally posted by amelia88 View Post

My husband and I were talking about this. He did mention that overall he thought the world was more stable than 100 years ago. But I think these days it's hard - yes we had world wars in the past, but these days the world seems to have a level of unpredictable fear that maybe wasn't there back in the day. I don't know - I'm not a history major, but I just know that people are hurt and scared in the world now and I just think we need to focus on making the here and now better. Any steps towards more peace and love have to be seen as a good thing no matter what the past held.
                        I wouldn't go back 100 years. Arguably the most violent time of Human history with the most enormous life loss imaginable ended 70 years ago with WWII. Russia used soldiers as tank fodder. The Russian government had no problems with "winning" by throwing more soldiers at the problem and ignoring the death toll on their side.

We have enjoyed a long period of peace since the world wars that started in Europe do to the creation of organisations like the UN designed to prevent another world war by preventing the domino effect that started in Europe twice and resulted in world war twice after hundreds of years of smaller wars between European nations. Up to and through WWII the world was a much more violent place. The wars we deal with now are minor spats to compared to WWII and most wars preceding it.

All of this said, yes, you are right. We need to focus on the here and now. The needs are different, but very real. Instead of nations fighting over resources or treaties we have crazy people raising armies across border lines to terrorize those with differing religious ideals. The death toll may be lower, but the fear factor world wide is higher. The feeling that anybody at any time could be a target is hard to shake. This world still needs healing. There will always be a need in our lives for God and his word, and modern times while different are no exception.
                        Comment>

France, Turkey, ISIS, Radical Islamic terrorism, cop killing, anarchy, and on and on. We are living in epic times right now, this country is on the verge of a political, cultural, and spiritual revolution right now. We must pray is an understatement. Adversity produces men, Prosperity creates monsters. We live in a decadent, selfish society where we are now Babylon (especially in America right now). 240 years since the first 1776, and I think we are headed for another 1776 in 2016.
                          Comment>

I pray for the world every night before I go to bed. Praying and trusting in God's plan is all that we can really do.Sometimes it seems like there is not any reason for the pain and suffering but in the end all questions will be answered. It also does not help that our media only focuses on negative situations and acts. Rarely you will see something on a 24 hour news station that shows the better side of humanity. For every wicked act there is an act committed by someone to help their fellow person. That being said, I will pray for the state of world at your request. God Bless!
                            Comment>

Well I think that it is safe to say that there is always somebody out there at any given point in time at any given place in the world that needs some help, so it is certainly warranted if you pray for the world as a whole. I cannot say that I specifically set aside a part in my prayers for the entire world, but when there are current events going on I will certainly include those that I am aware, on top of the personal prayers that I have. Let us just hope that someone will answer these prayers. Thanks for sharing.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap