Use this prayer board to post your prayer requests and praises, or respond in prayer to other's requests.

Pray for the Ark Encounter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pray for the Ark Encounter

The organization Answers in Genesis is building a full sized replica of Noah’s ark. It is almost complete and is scheduled to be open to the public on July 7. You can learn more about it here: Life-size Noah’s Ark | Ark Encounter. Christians need to pray that it will accomplish its objective of proving that the world wide flood described in the Bible actually took place. Here are some specific requests posted on the Answers in Genesis site.
    As the evangelistic Ark Encounter enters the last weeks of preparation to open its doors to the world on July 7, we are encouraging all our ministry friends to join us in this “call to prayer” for one another and the project. We ask that you commit daily to pray for the following list and to share it with other prayer warriors to do the same. Ultimately this is a battle for the souls of millions of people who need the gospel. There is an enemy, and we’re in a battle; as the attacks intensify, so must our prayers.
    • Answers in Genesis and Ark Encounter Leadership Team
    • Completion of all construction projects
    • All essential work to be completed to ensure timely inspections
    • No major construction issues
    • Good weather
    • Installation and detailing of exhibits
    • Safety and endurance for all the workers at the site
    • Final planning, preparation, and personnel training
    • Remaining funds to be raised
    • Media interviews with Ken and others before, during, and after the opening
    • Non-Christians that visit the Ark to be receptive to the gospel
    Stay tuned for updates on the progress and praises as we pray together!

A Call to Battle, a Call to Prayer
    I would like to add one more thing to the last request. We should pray not only that non-Christians will be open to the gospel but that Christians who believe the flood was only a local flood will be open to the idea that it was world wide. If the flood only covered part of the earth then it would have taken millions of years to form the fossils that we find all over the earth. This would mean that the Bible's account of God creating the world in six days can’t be literally true. Here is something I have written on this subject: Flood deniers.

We live in a world that has rejected the truth of God’s creation of the world and substituted a lie that the earth is millions of years old and life came into existence by the process of evolution. We need to pray regularly for Answers in Genesis and other creationist organizations that teach people the truth of our origin.
    Last edited by theophilus; 06-27-2016, 06:44 AM.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog

This is awesome, thank you so much for posting this. Something caught my eye and I was going to go for a quote but my HTML challenged self managed to muck it up. :rolleyes: So, I just thought I would add something here. You mentioned the flood of Noah's day, and how some people think that God couldn't create the world in only six days because they don't believe the flood was world-wide. I have another challenge for those people who disbelieve the whole six day thing. The moon moves away from the earth at a rate of around 3.8 cm per year. That's not an awful lot but if we stop and think about it, if the earth and moon are billions of years old, and constantly moving apart at that steady rate, at some point they must have been one unit. There is very little evidence on the face of either the earth or the moon of such a tearing away. That would have been a devastating event in the history of both bodies, so I can't imagine the two actually having been joined, particularly when the book of Genesis distinctly says that the moon was created after the earth.
    Comment>

The fact that the moon moves away from the earth is definitely evidence that they can't be as old as most scientists think.
      Clyde Herrin's Blog
      Comment>

Today is the day the ark is open to the public. We will soon find out whether God answered our prayers. :)
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

I saw the Ark Encounter on the news last night. Atheists are mad that tax payer money was spent to build it. IMO, it should be considered historical, not religious. And if it is considered religious, any other museum needs to be considered religious as well, even if the religion is atheism. I just took my kids to an aquarium where an employee tried to teach them that whales evolved from prehistoric wolves. Since I teach my kids God's truths, I was not offended; I know the beliefs of most scientists/biologists. I expected that going in. Just as anyone should know what they're getting into when they go into the Ark Encounter. No one is forcing anyone to go or forcing their beliefs on anyone. Just like no one told me at the aquarium that I had to tell my kids that evolution was true. Did I go trying to file a law suit or crying that I was offended? Of course not!
          Comment>

Originally posted by chelle318 View Post
            I just took my kids to an aquarium where an employee tried to teach them that whales evolved from prehistoric wolves.
            Hi Chelle, they didn't happen to tell you why they believe that happened, did they? One thing's for sure, those must have been some mighty big wolves (and good swimmers to boot :rolleyes:).

--David

Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
            Comment>

Here's a couple of pictures of it prior to and just after the opening day. Our senior pastor was there for the opening ceremony. He said that seeing how big the Ark really was should pretty much quell any further debate about it being too small to hold a pair of each kind of animal that was living on the planet at the time of the Flood.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WireAP_a5fedf6b5f1947a98a30a2e481c369b6_16x9_1600.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	19537

Click image for larger version

Name:	NOahs-ark2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	19538
              Last edited by David Lee; 07-07-2016, 10:44 PM.
              Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
              Comment>

Atheists are mad that tax payer money was spent to build it.
                No taxpayer money was spent to build the ark. It was paid for entirely by donations.
                Clyde Herrin's Blog
                Comment>

Originally posted by St_Worm2 View Post

Hi Chelle, they didn't happen to tell you why they believe that happened, did they? One thing's for sure, those must have been some mighty big wolves (and good swimmers to boot :rolleyes:).

--David
                  Hi David, let me rack my brain real quick- when it comes to science stuff I have to admit, it's in one ear and out the other with me... It had something to do with the bones that kind of hang or come from whales rib bones. Apparently prehistoric wolves had the same bones. And apparently these particular wolves went extinct some 4 billion years ago. I might have some of the details wrong but it was something like that. They had a whale's skeleton and they showed us the bones on it. Needless to say, it didn't convince us.
                  Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                    No taxpayer money was spent to build the ark. It was paid for entirely by donations.
                    Well then I'm entirely confused as to what their issue is. I should clarify, I was just re stating what I heard on the news. They reported that it was funded by tax payers.
                    Comment>

Well then I'm entirely confused as to what their issue is. I should clarify, I was just re stating what I heard on the news. They reported that it was funded by tax payers.
                      The state of Kentucky gives sales tax rebates to businesses that attract tourists to the state. The Ark Encounter has applied to the state to receive such rebates.

In applying for a Kentucky tourism incentive that offers proposed tourist attractions the possibility of receiving a future refund of state sales tax collected at such venues, the Ark Encounter of Answers in Genesis was granted preliminary approval this week by the state.

Kentucky’s Tourism Development Act (TDA) is designed to encourage groups to build tourist attractions in the state and thus draw visitors and their dollars. Attractions are offered the opportunity to apply for a refund of sales tax that it collects on tickets, food, and merchandise once the facilities are up and running. It is also performance based—i.e., attendance milestones must be reached in order to receive the refund of the sales tax it has collected.
                      You can read the details here: The Ark Encounter—Refuting Major Myths | Answers in Genesis

The Ark Encounter has not received any rebates yet. The nature of the rebate has been misrepresented by enemies of the Ark Encounter to make it appear that they received state funding to build the ark.
                      Clyde Herrin's Blog
                      Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post

The state of Kentucky gives sales tax rebates to businesses that attract tourists to the state. The Ark Encounter has applied to the state to receive such rebates.

You can read the details here: The Ark Encounter—Refuting Major Myths | Answers in Genesis

The Ark Encounter has not received any rebates yet. The nature of the rebate has been misrepresented by enemies of the Ark Encounter to make it appear that they received state funding to build the ark.
                        Oh that is interesting. Thank you for providing that info. I should know better than to repeat the stuff I hear on the news!
                        Comment>
                        Working...
                        X
                        Articles - News - SiteMap