Use this prayer board to post your prayer requests and praises, or respond in prayer to other's requests.

When it hurts too much

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it hurts too much

I wasn't sure whether this was a prayer request or just belonged in he whining board.

Sometimes you know what God says, but it just feels too [darn] hard.

I buried my murdered youngest brother 12 years ago. Next month is the memorial service for my younger brother who committed suicide. While making the plans for the memorial, I learned this past Sunday that a long time friend has finally lost his ten year battle with leukemia and his kidneys have shut down. He is at home waiting to die. This Friday I get to drive 12 hours to NC to help my half brother bury his wife who overdosed and left him with 4 small children to raise alone. My wife struggles with constant pain from her crumbling spine, and I am powerless to do anything about it.

I pray, but ... My soul aches.
    I know hundreds of verses, and today they all mean nothing.

How's that for keeping it real.

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33 (even when we don't feel it)

I am sorry for your losses. I feel for you and your wife. Life isn't fair but we cannot lose faith. Put up crucifixes, pictures, whatever it is that will remind you that our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ is with us. You are not alone. Find peach in the Word of God. Be well. God Bless.
    Comment>

Be strong. Job lost everything. His family. His friends. His wealth. But still he didn't lose hope. We have no power to change anything but we have to believe that at all times God is in control and no matter what happens we shouldn't lose faith. I'd have said, it's "human" to lose hope but Job didn't and we too, with the help of the Holy Spirit can be like Job.
      Comment>

I am sorry to know this brother. Don't be sad, because God is with you. And He will not let you down. I shall pray a bit for you.
        Comment>

I'm so sorry to read of these struggles, and painful situations. I will pray for you, and something that helps me, is to read the book of Job. He knew trials, that's for sure, but always kept his eyes fixated on Jesus. ((hugs)) Praying for you.
          Comment>

Feed on the word of God, that's what you need. I can understand what you're feeling. But you have to overcome the world. Does the world gonna offer anything to them? Absolutely not. Read John 11:25-26,"25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life.[a] Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”" All the struggles they're leading, they are for strengthening them and testing them in faith. Remember, how Jesus raised Lazarus from death? Believe that God the Father who raised Jesus from death will rose you and all other believers from death because in Christ Jesus we are his son for him and he'll not let his son die. God is loving. (Romans 10:9-10). “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33. All you needd is to feel the love of Lord in your life. Remember that the world yields what is against Lord. Pray to Lord that he will give strength to your loved ones. Rejoice that they're not actually dead. Surrender your thoughts, feelings and all other stuff that aches you to the Lord and have peace in him. He is loving and all he give is love. Acquire the peace, healing, strenght and eternal life for them through his love. He's not gonna ask you any question for this because tempting is devil's trick which leads to sin but God's gift is his love which gives what you need. Seek his righteousness and kingdom which includes all our believers and everything good shall be added to you.(Matthew 6:33). God is loving and amazing. In Jesus' name we pray that Lord's gonna give you what you need and make you what he wants you to be. By Jesus' mighty name we agree and pray together. Amen.
            Comment>

This breaks my heart. I wish we could have answers for you, but we - I especially - don't. I can't fathom why some people go through the horrible things you've experienced, while some seemingly get off scott-free. I can't even say for certain that I'm not being fair with that question. All I can offer you is sympathy, and the promise that I will pray for you, like what the beautiful people in this forum offered. Please remember that you are not alone.
              Comment>

Hello, as I was scrolling through the page, I must admit that the title "When It Hurts to Much" caught my eye and then it pierced my heart. I am normally not so open but I am at a place in my life where I am finding it difficult to pray simply because of hurt that I have. I am amazed at how I can encourage and push other but as for myself I can't get past the negative things that have been said and are still being said to me. And it hurts so much until all I do (here lately) is cry when I supposed to praying. I am almost in tears now. Please pray for my strength because I know where my help comes from but what am I to do when I feel unworthy of the help?
                Comment>

lakea36, I think you have a taint of some big horrendous event in your heart. Maybe I can't understand but God can and Jesus will. You need to trust him. Even your all strength is lost , don't left hope. I know sometimes it feels like all hopes are gone and we'll try to sacrfice Jesus or simply can't pray to him. God know your heart. Surrender your heart to Jesus, he wants to love and you too need his love. That's why, you're feeling like this. We Christians can feel what he his feeling and we know how it feels. You need to rely on Lord's trength and wisdom not our own because what we have is finite and perishable but what he have and wanna share with us is infinite and can't be perished. Trust Jesus and see that change. Feel the peace what you want to feel in Jesus because in this world, we won't have it because the world is wicked but we are holy and righteous because of him. At the end, allow Jesus to enter you and do his work and feel his love and peace. May this be done in Jesus' name. Amen
                  Comment>

Originally posted by lakea36 View Post
                    And it hurts so much until all I do (here lately) is cry when I supposed to praying.
                    Remember that when we are unable to pray the Holy Spirit intercedes for us.
                    Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.
                    (Romans 8:26 ESV)
                    The prayers offered when all you can do is cry might be more effective that those you pray when you are in control of your emotions.
                    Clyde Herrin's Blog
                    Comment>

I have clinical depression for years now. I have been numb of the pain of having a terrible childhood, and as of right now, I'm just going through the motions and not knowing what tomorrow will bring. This site actually helped a lot in repairing my relationship and connection with God, as I have given up the idea of religion through the years of hardship. I am confident that you will find your way back, and maybe you can do what I do when I am in trouble, ask God for help, give Him your burden, and to be honest, that simple gesture helps a lot through the dark times. Good luck!
                      Comment>
                      Working...
                      X
                      Articles - News - SiteMap