Use this prayer board to post your prayer requests and praises, or respond in prayer to other's requests.

Pray for the Supreme Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pray for the Supreme Court

There is a vacancy on the US Supreme Court. The fact that abortion and same sex marriage are now legal in the United States is the result of decisions by this court, so naturally anyone who has strong views on these subjects is concerned about who will be chosen to fill the vacancy.

Christians should do what we can to make sure the next member of the Supreme Court holds views on these and other issues that are compatible with what the Bible teaches but we have another tool for influencing the court that others do not. We can and should pray that God will move the court to make the right decisions in the cases that come before it.
    The king’s heart is a stream of water in the hand of the LORD; he turns it wherever he will.
    Proverbs 21:1 ESV
    If God can control the hearts of kings he can certainly control the hearts of Supreme Court justices.

We are commanded to pray for those in authority over us. I have often prayed for the President and for Congress and I sometimes added a prayer that the Supreme Court would make wise decisions. I now realize that I was neglecting the court in my prayers. We need to pray that each member of the court will hear and believe the gospel and that his decisions will reflect his faith in Christ. Here are the names of the current members of the court.

John G. Roberts, Jr.
    Anthony M. Kennedy
    Clarence Thomas
    Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    Stephen G. Breyer
    Samuel Anthony Alito, Jr.
    Sonia Sotomayor
    Elena Kagan

Biographies of Current Justices of the Supreme Court

If we pray regularly for these people, and for the new member of the court when he is selected, I think we will see favorable changes in the government regardless of who is elected President. The world tries to influence our government by voting, supporting legislation, and filing lawsuits. Christians should vote and support legislation that promotes Biblical standards. We should sometimes file lawsuits when the government infringes on our rights. But none of these will bring about lasting change unless we also pray.
    Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain.
    Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.
    Psalm 127:1 ESV
    Clyde Herrin's Blog

Our Supreme Court represents Apartheid, a racist minority ruling over the majority...
    Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
      There is a vacancy on the US Supreme Court. The fact that abortion and same sex marriage are now legal in the United States is the result of decisions by this court, so naturally anyone who has strong views on these subjects is concerned about who will be chosen to fill the vacancy.

Christians should do what we can to make sure the next member of the Supreme Court holds views on these and other issues that are compatible with what the Bible teaches but we have another tool for influencing the court that others do not. We can and should pray that God will move the court to make the right decisions in the cases that come before it.
      The king’s heart is a stream of water in the hand of the LORD; he turns it wherever he will.
      Proverbs 21:1 ESV
      If God can control the hearts of kings he can certainly control the hearts of Supreme Court justices.

We are commanded to pray for those in authority over us. I have often prayed for the President and for Congress and I sometimes added a prayer that the Supreme Court would make wise decisions. I now realize that I was neglecting the court in my prayers. We need to pray that each member of the court will hear and believe the gospel and that his decisions will reflect his faith in Christ. Here are the names of the current members of the court.

John G. Roberts, Jr.
      Anthony M. Kennedy
      Clarence Thomas
      Ruth Bader Ginsburg
      Stephen G. Breyer
      Samuel Anthony Alito, Jr.
      Sonia Sotomayor
      Elena Kagan

Biographies"]Link of Current Justices of the Supreme Court[/URL]

If we pray regularly for these people, and for the new member of the court when he is selected, I think we will see favorable changes in the government regardless of who is elected President. The world tries to influence our government by voting, supporting legislation, and filing lawsuits. Christians should vote and support legislation that promotes Biblical standards. We should sometimes file lawsuits when the government infringes on our rights. But none of these will bring about lasting change unless we also pray.
      Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain.
      Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.
      Psalm 127:1 ESV
      Thank goodness same-sex marriage is legal.
      Thank God it is, thank God that they have stopped receiving undeserved discrimination.

Anyway, praying for the court would be a good idea, yes.

Praying that they are much more strict and harsh on the very things that people have rightfully deserved, is another.
      Comment>

Originally posted by AGustOfWind View Post
        Thank goodness same-sex marriage is legal.
        Thank God it is, thank God that they have stopped receiving undeserved discrimination.
        Have you ever read a Bible?
        Comment>

Originally posted by Origen View Post

Indeed I have, I debated on the homosexuality thread for a while, I think I got my point across. It didn't condemn same-sex marriage, or homosexuality, it condemned homosexual sex, but even then, who are we to say that is still relevant? And who are we to say it wasn't specifically just pointed at those of sodom and Gomorrah? We don't know.

And since we don't know, we can make an educated guess, and treat our neighbors as ourself, I.e. Equal rights.
          Comment>

Indeed I have, I debated on the homosexuality thread for a while, I think I got my point across. It didn't condemn same-sex marriage, or homosexuality, it condemned homosexual sex, but even then, who are we to say that is still relevant? And who are we to say it wasn't specifically just pointed at those of sodom and Gomorrah? We don't know.

And since we don't know, we can make an educated guess, and treat our neighbors as ourself, I.e. Equal rights.
            Because homosexuality is condemned in the N.T. more than once.
            Comment>

Because homosexuality is condemned in the N.T. more than once.
              Show me a quote from the bible in which it states "You cannot be homosexual"

It's not a choice, therefore it cannot be sinful.

There are some if's & and's about that, but I digress.
              Now, say homosexuality was completely condemned by the bible, and someone didn't have the choice to be homosexual or not, it cannot be sinful because they're not trying to be sinful, God looks at the heart.
              If someone purposely wanted to do that for whatever crazy reason, just to be sinful, and they knew it was a sin and it wasn't choice, that's another matter.

But I digress.
              Comment>

Show me a quote from the bible in which it states "You cannot be homosexual"
                I though you said you read the Bible.

"For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error." (Rom. 1:26-27)

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

"Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it lawfully, understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine." (1 Timothy 1:8-10)

It's not a choice, therefore it cannot be sinful.
                All sinners say the same thing. It is not my fault.
                Last edited by Origen; 04-06-2016, 04:35 AM.
                Comment>

All sinners say the same thing. It is not my fault.
                  A familiar echo from out of the Garden of Eden.
                  Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
                    A familiar echo from out of the Garden of Eden.
                    So true.

Comment>

Forget the Bible, anyone who supports SSM isn't even a good person by any measure. Sotomayor summed it up when she asked how can the government function if it can't be tyrannical. Or, words to that effect. Yes, they cover their support of perversion and tyranny with euphemisms like "equal rights" and maybe even declarations that they don't personally approve of that which they want the government to shove down our throats , but evil by any other name is still evil and still stinks of passing wind. Anyway, don't mind me, or the antichrists on the Supreme Court, there are Muslims to be chasing, even if they have no political power here.

Comment>

The real problem with same sex marriage isn't about homosexuality but about why God instituted marriage in the first place.

Marriage: It’s Not What You May Think | Joshua Agan

Clyde Herrin's Blog
                        Comment>

We can pray for the supreme court or we can simply use simple logic. How natural is it homosexuality? What would happen if everyone had their natural polarities inverted?
                          Comment>

Originally posted by oportosanto View Post
                            We can pray for the supreme court or we can simply use simple logic.
                            Even better, we can do both.
                            Clyde Herrin's Blog
                            Comment>

Yep, that usually leads to even better results. We can look for logic and we can pray for enlightenment, usually that's a recipe for success.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap