We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Hello everyone, my name is David.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone, my name is David.

[SIZE=16px]I joined Christ Forums a little while ago, but I didn't begin to post here until a day or two ago. I look forward to getting to know as many of you as possible, and growing together with you in Christ :D

Yours and His,
    David[/SIZE]
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon

Hi David,

Glad you have joined us and finally made a post. I see that you have joined us quite a while ago yet refrained from posting. We have a suggestion and question category in the forum. If you have any feed back that may help the site you're most welcome to make a few suggestions (just interested in why you decided not to post for so long, and if that information may help us to serve others).

Maybe tell us a little about yourself? How long has it been since you first received the Lord? Any particular Christian affiliation, denomination or otherwise? If currently active as a member in a church do you have any responsibilities? Just curious....

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
      Hi David,

Glad you have joined us and finally made a post. I see that you have joined us quite a while ago yet refrained from posting. We have a suggestion and question category in the forum. If you have any feed back that may help the site you're most welcome to make a few suggestions (just interested in why you decided not to post for so long, and if that information may help us to serve others).

Maybe tell us a little about yourself? How long has it been since you first received the Lord? Any particular Christian affiliation, denomination or otherwise? If currently active as a member in a church do you have any responsibilities? Just curious....

God bless,
      William

[SIZE=16px]Hi William, thank you for the warm welcome :D I'm not sure why I took so long to begin to post here other than the fact that I was posting a lot on the other "CF" (and still am), and I just never seemed to get around to jumping over here and getting involved.

As for becoming a Christian, that happened on November 2nd, 1986 (so I just turned 29 two days ago :)). I was baptized as an infant in the Presbyterian Church and went to Sunday School and then to Church there, most of my life (until late HS & college anyway), but I didn't become a Christian until I was 30 (I always believed myself to be one, however).

I am now part of the Evangelical Free Church, though I spent about 7 years back in the PCUSA in between Free Churches, and I am a Calvinist (and have been one for the last 20 years or so). The Free Church takes no denominational stance on Calvinism or Arminianism, believing that there is sufficient Biblical evidence to support both positions. Our elder board and pastors at my present church are, in fact, split about 50-50 right now between the two.

The "positions" I've held at the various churches that I've belonged to have typically involved worship (as a soundboard tech, as a worship leader, as a performer in the orchestra or band, and/or as the deacon of worship). I've also taught Adult Sunday School classes at church and have been part of various parachurch ministries over the years.

But because of various family related issues, I've had to back away from leadership roles and do little more than help out when needed and if possible.

Yours and His,
      David[/SIZE]
      Last edited by David Lee; 11-05-2015, 01:42 PM.
      Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap