We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Hello

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hello

    Hi everyone. I came here looking for fellowship and I would like to share some thoughts and beliefs that I have that may not be Christian. My core belief is that Jesus Christ is my savior. I do read the Bible and Pray and go to Church and almost always enjoy it when I do go. I consider myself a Christian but I sometimes wonder because of thoughts and beliefs I have which I have never really talked about. I would like to share them here.

    #2
    Hello and welcome Dean
    Comment>

      #3
      Welcome Dean! I hope we can be of help to you.
      Comment>

        #4
        Dean you are at the right place to express your questions and ask for help. All of are learners no matter how long we have been Followers of Jesus Christ. SO Dean welcome glad you have joined us.



        justme
        Comment>

          #5
          Originally posted by justme View Post
          All of are learners no matter how long we have been Followers of Jesus Christ.
          Amen to that!
          Comment>

            #6
            Welcome Dean. As has been stated this is a good place to ask questions and receive help.
            Comment>

              #7
              Welcome to the forum.
              Clyde Herrin's Blog
              Comment>

                #8
                Originally posted by Dean62 View Post
                I consider myself a Christian but I sometimes wonder because of thoughts and beliefs I have which I have never really talked about. I would like to share them here.
                Here you go, God gave you a simple test you can take at home:

                Romans 10:9-11 NASB ... that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. For the Scripture says, “WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.”

                It is YOUR heart and mouth, so only you and God knows what is really true, but if you pass the test, you are a Christian.
                You might still be a heretic, but you are a heretic that belongs to Jesus Christ.

                Welcome and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
                Comment>

                  #9
                  Originally posted by atpollard View Post
                  You might still be a heretic
                  This reminds me of a question I have had before. Do any of you folks know of a source that elaborates the dangers of heretical belief? There is a tendency these days to take the issue rather lightly, so it would be good to be able to point to a credible article about it.Thanks!
                  Comment>

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Eric T. View Post
                    This reminds me of a question I have had before. Do any of you folks know of a source that elaborates the dangers of heretical belief? There is a tendency these days to take the issue rather lightly, so it would be good to be able to point to a credible article about it.Thanks!
                    Two links for you Eric that I hope satisfies your request:

                    What’s the Difference Between Heresy and Orthodoxy? - Christforums

                    And more to do with the consequences of heresy, I'd think division would be a major example of what happens when heresy infiltrates a body:

                    Are Denominations Biblical? 1 Corinthians 11:19 - Christforums

                    God bless,
                    William
                    Comment>

                      #11
                      Originally posted by William View Post
                      Two links for you Eric that I hope satisfies your request:
                      Thanks very much!
                      Comment>
                      Working...
                      X
                      Articles - News - SiteMap