We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Please help Christian brothers and sisters in Iraq and Syria

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help Christian brothers and sisters in Iraq and Syria

Dear friends, I'm an Assyrian Christian originally from Iraq. I would like to ask you to help support the suffering Assyrian (aka Chaldean, Syriac) Christians of Iraq and Syria. They are being persecuted by ISIS and have fled their homes and properties under threat. Most are now living in deplorable conditions as internally displaced persons. I myself belong to the Assyrian Church of the East, but our people have 4 main churches, including Church of the East, Chaldean Catholic Church, Syriac Orthodox and Catholic Churches.

advocatehero.com

Regards,
    Raman

Welcome to the forum Raman. Thanks for spreading awareness of those brothers and sisters being persecuted, and offering a means to speak out to our representatives.

God bless,
    William

Comment>

Originally posted by raman View Post
      Dear friends, I'm an Assyrian Christian originally from Iraq. I would like to ask you to help support the suffering Assyrian (aka Chaldean, Syriac) Christians of Iraq and Syria. They are being persecuted by ISIS and have fled their homes and properties under threat. Most are now living in deplorable conditions as internally displaced persons. I myself belong to the Assyrian Church of the East, but our people have 4 main churches, including Church of the East, Chaldean Catholic Church, Syriac Orthodox and Catholic Churches.

advocatehero.com

Regards,
      Raman
      I've been praying for all of you. :)
      Comment>

Raman, God Bless.

The US has become Sodom and the oppressor of Christians, in great part due to the encouragement of Dispensationalists and Zionists. In a role reversal with the US, Russia has become relatively virtuous. The US has become so corrupt that the US is unable to do any good in the middle-east and should pull out of the middle-east, completely. The US can start with ending support for ISIS in Syria. I'm sorry to middle-eastern Christian for the monster of ISIS my country, the US, has helped create. I'm sorry for the decimation of the Iraqi Christian population that the US has caused. I'm thankful McCain lost to Obama, averting war with Iran over nuclear weapons lies.

A virtuous US would be using its influence to pressure leaders of Syria and Israel to cease oppression Christians. "Hey Israel, stop oppressing Christians or lose all US aid."
        Comment>

Cornelius, you sure have all the right opinions and facts about this subject. But no need for you to apologize for the evil deeds of our leaders. Like you, I'm also an American and I love this country. The vast majority of Americans are in no way responsible for what has happened to Christians in the Middle East. A movement has been growing for decades in this country, which has greatly diminished Christian America. Their greatest weapon is the brain-washing of our children in schools at every level. The Zionists and their allies only care about the expansion of Israel. I would gladly support Israel if it wasn't for the fact that they don't care if Christianity is erased from Israel's neighboring countries. If they cared they wouldn't today be supporting Islamic rebels to oust Bashar Assad. Israel is no different than Turkey who is also supporting the same Islamists. Obviously it is the Islamists who have driven the Christians of Iraq and Syria from their lands. This is also nothing new and has been going on since at least the mid-1800's. Middle Eastern Christians have always been the friends of Middle Eastern Jews and this is how their loyalty is repaid.

The url has changed for above advocacy page and is now Link
          Comment>

Originally posted by raman View Post
            Israel is no different than Turkey who is also supporting the same Islamists.
            There is one major difference between Israel and Turkey. Israel is descended from Abraham and is the heir to the promises God made with him. Because they rejected the Messiah they are blind to the truth but this blindness is temporary.

I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written,
            “The Deliverer will come from Zion,
            he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”;
            “and this will be my covenant with them
            when I take away their sins.”
            (Romans 11:25-27 ESV)

Clyde Herrin's Blog
            Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
              There is one major difference between Israel and Turkey. Israel is descended from Abraham and is the heir to the promises God made with him. Because they rejected the Messiah they are blind to the truth but this blindness is temporary.
              That's falsehood taught by the Dispy religion. The state of Israel defines what a Jew is, and descendants of Abraham is not part of the definition. Israel defines a Jew as an adherent to a religion, which is anti-Christian by definition. Arabs, on the other hand, are descends of Abraham, and Dispies want nothing more than to mass murder these descends of Abraham.

Romans 11 is the favorite chapter in the Bible for Dispies seeking to rationalize their support of those who are for those who say they are Jews but are not; So they too have now been disobedient in order that by the mercy shown to you they also may now receive mercy. For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all. Notice, Paul equates Israelites with all men. Unless you're a Universalist, this equivalency rules out all Jews ever being saved. And, if you are a Universalist, you need to start treating those Arabs, who actually are descendants of Abraham, as God's children.

Of course, nothing in the Dispie religion is supported by Romans 11 or the Bible. Paul says nothing about a future generation of Israelites being saved, let alone in a post-rapture tribulation where Jews are converted en masse.

Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap