We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Why are people attacking my faith so hard?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Why are people attacking my faith so hard?

    Many people makes it seem that being Christain is a bad thing and even saying there is no proof Jesus Christ even existed to the point where i Questioned my faith and almost stopped believing in Jesus Christ today. I still want Jesus to be my lord and savior because I long to be loved, that is all i ever want, but the world is starting to be a place where the majority has no faith anymore. :(

    #2
    Long to be loved by who? The world or the Lord? John 15:18; 1 John 2:15

    I think what you're sharing or experiencing is the need for Christian fellowship.

    Welcome to Christforums!

    God bless,
    William
    Comment>

      #3
      The Lord. The world means nothing to me.
      Comment>

        #4
        Originally posted by theokayman1 View Post
        Many people makes it seem that being Christain is a bad thing and even saying there is no proof Jesus Christ even existed to the point where i Questioned my faith and almost stopped believing in Jesus Christ today. I still want Jesus to be my lord and savior because I long to be loved, that is all i ever want, but the world is starting to be a place where the majority has no faith anymore. :(
        You should not be surprised that the world hates Christ and Christians. Indeed, Jesus already forewarned His disciples that if the world hates you, it hated Him first.

        The reason for this hatred is that "the world lieth in wickedness" and Satan in the god of this world, as well as the prince of Darkness. On the other hand Christians are children of Light and are located within the Kingdom of Light. There has always been bitter conflict between Light and Darkness, and that is why you are hated by the world.

        On the other hand, genuine Christians should show you genuine love, and you will need to find a fellowship of believers who first love God and Christ, and therefore love you as a brother.
        Comment>

          #5
          Thank God the world doesn't include you!!!
          Comment>

            #6
            I wish the world doesn't include me. I need to kill myself and see Jesus in heaven before Transhumanism becomes a reality and forces us to live forever in a robot avatar. That is there the world is heading and there is nothing we can do about it. Stay close to Jesus!
            Comment>

              #7
              Nope, no killing yourself. Place it all, all of you, in God's Hands. He will never leave you or forsake you.
              Comment>

                #8
                okay.
                Comment>

                  #9
                  Sorry I said such things. Trans-humanism is my worst nightmare and it might become true in the future. But they are not above the Lord Jesus Christ.
                  Comment>

                    #10
                    I feel you. I used to be active in a local freelancing site in my country and one time, a newbie innocently started a thread in the community forum which suggests that he believes in God but just have some questions about the attitude of some believers. The atheists in the community took the chance to air their beliefs and dropped off bits and pieces of 'history' and some big names to lend authority to their claims that Jesus is not real and that Christianity is a lie. It was a total shock for me. There were a few who tried to inject their Christian views on the discussion but the atheists were the more aggressive and noisy ones and they expressly demonstrated their unity by liking and quoting each others' posts while denigrating the Christian believers as stupid people who aren't as 'bright' and as 'enlightened' as them. Really. I posted my own message and the atheists brushed it off as a stupid post that does not add to the value of the ongoing discussion. These atheists are in the age brackets of 22 to 25 and I'm in my thirties. I felt disrespected and out of place. It was a bloody thread and the moderators were forced to close it. The atheists are everywhere, just don't let them convince you that they know better because that's a lie. You have the truth - Jesus Christ.
                    Comment>

                      #11
                      Atheists can be bullies. Thanks mate!
                      Comment>

                        #12
                        This happens to many of us, being accused of ignorance and other things because of our faith. We were warned, Mathew 10:22 states, "You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved". So the best we can do is continue believing, even when others around us don't and give us a hard time for it. There will always be people around us who disagree with us. So we should keep our head up and keep trusting.
                        Comment>

                          #13
                          For a while, I was on an atheistic forum -- a lot of times atheists can be almost militant in their negative reaction to Christianity. Not only do they not believe in God but they ridicule, antagonize, etc those who Do. Like Jamsy was also commenting in # 10.

                          That particular forum is in danger of being shut down because of the atheistic influence on it.
                          Comment>

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Jamsy View Post
                            I feel you. I used to be active in a local freelancing site in my country and one time, a newbie innocently started a thread in the community forum which suggests that he believes in God but just have some questions about the attitude of some believers. The atheists in the community took the chance to air their beliefs and dropped off bits and pieces of 'history' and some big names to lend authority to their claims that Jesus is not real and that Christianity is a lie. It was a total shock for me. There were a few who tried to inject their Christian views on the discussion but the atheists were the more aggressive and noisy ones and they expressly demonstrated their unity by liking and quoting each others' posts while denigrating the Christian believers as stupid people who aren't as 'bright' and as 'enlightened' as them. Really. I posted my own message and the atheists brushed it off as a stupid post that does not add to the value of the ongoing discussion. These atheists are in the age brackets of 22 to 25 and I'm in my thirties. I felt disrespected and out of place. It was a bloody thread and the moderators were forced to close it. The atheists are everywhere, just don't let them convince you that they know better because that's a lie. You have the truth - Jesus Christ.
                            What you experienced on that site is what Christians are to expect in the world. The world hated Christ and crucified him; it hates his followers and will try to stop us from carrying out God's will. There are many parts of the world where Christians face persecution. In others there is little physical persecution but there is opposition to anyone who tries to reach others with the gospel.

                            The internet provides a place for atheists to spread their lies but it also provides a place for us to spread the gospel and even to reach some of those atheists. Any Christian who posts of some parts of the internet will unleash a response of hatred, but there is always the possibility that some will read our posts and be brought to the truth by them. Remember the parable of the sower. Most of the seed was wasted but some brought forth fruit, so you shouldn't stop posting the truth even if you don't see any positive results.
                            Clyde Herrin's Blog
                            Comment>

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Sue D. View Post
                              For a while, I was on an atheistic forum -- a lot of times atheists can be almost militant in their negative reaction to Christianity. Not only do they not believe in God but they ridicule, antagonize, etc those who Do. Like Jamsy was also commenting in # 10.

                              That particular forum is in danger of being shut down because of the atheistic influence on it.
                              I've seen the same thing on various forums. But I've also seen instances where it's the Christians who are the most aggressive in their name-calling and attacks on anyone who doesn't agree with them. Shoot, I've been in Christian-only forums where merely expressing a different viewpoint generates all sorts of personal attacks.

                              I think it's probably safe to conclude that any group of people....atheists, Christians, Hindus, etc.....are going to have all sorts of types, from mean and nasty people to those who are genuinely nice, and just about everything in between.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap