We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Lost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost

I've feel alone and lost forgotten. Where is God when I feel so alone?

Hi Deeniece,

Welcome to Christforums.

Do you belong to and are active in church?

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

I used to. Didn't feel connected so I stopped. I wish i had a stronger connection and guidance. I've been praying and reading verse from the bible. I feel like God forgot about me.
      Comment>

Originally posted by DeeNiece View Post
        I used to. Didn't feel connected so I stopped. I wish i had a stronger connection and guidance. I've been praying and reading verse from the bible. I feel like God forgot about me.
        Reading Scripture is good DeeNiece.

Just wanted to share something with you: Are you feeling isolated? -Christforums

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

I'm not looking for a partner. I recently left an abusive relationship. I just want a better relationship with God to become a better person and have meaningful guidance in my life.
          Comment>

Hi DeeNiece,

By no means was I suggesting you need a "partner" if you mean a male relationship at this time. When I was single I pretty much followed the article's advice. My church offered morning devotions and prayers, singles groups, bible studies, etc. I attended them and also other arrangements such as get a together for barbecue. But I used the time to study God's word as you have suggested, and devote myself to bettering or drawing closer to God as you have suggested.

Group bible study is still a necessity in my life. Through the group study I am subjected to new perspectives I never saw before, besides, I get to put into practice what I read about and study, and that is loving my brethren etc. I really get to know beautiful people, seeing their devotion to the Lord, and them opening up and sharing from the heart God's word.

Perhaps some of the single members here can jump in and speak with you as I am now married. I know a few here and one in particular that has committed to singleness in order to devote themselves to the Lord more better.

I hope your time and engagement here is fruitful.

Anytime you want to chat, please don't hesitate to start a conversation. While internet relationships are seldom fulfilling as real face time, I just want you to know that once you post ten posts the chat should be available to you.

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

Thank you. I appreciate it and maybe I should seek out some sort of group. I have so many conflicting emotions. I am very angry at God in some ways. Everyone in life he took away in violent ways and my own life has been riddled with violence as well. The pastor I was close to for many years is no longer with the church I attended and I guess it's easier to just talk online. I will pray and ask for forgiveness for my anger and maybe attend a church here in my new neighborhood. Thank you. God bless.
              Comment>

Hi DeeNiece, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling forgotten right now. I want to encourage you however, to take God's word and write on your heart. His word says that regardless of how you feel, he is near: Hebrews 13:5-6
                [5]Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
                [6]So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Sometimes when I feel inadiquite, or that I am not "good enough" to receive Christ's mercy, I hold on to what God has said. It's because of his mercy he saves and loves us (Titus 3:4-7).

Welcome to Christforums😊

Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap