We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

I Am a New Creature

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Am a New Creature

I find the truth sometime in 1980. I was baptized to the Church which has the fullness of the Gospel. Through my own conviction and through the conversion of the Holy Ghost I have totally submitted myself and was immersed to the water of baptism. I know that Jesus is the Christ. No one could come to the Father except through Him. With such conversion I have had I volunteer myself to do the missionary work, proselyting to the lost brethren we have and bring them back to the fold of our Heavenly Father. This is your brother in Christ, Nakitakona which simply means "I have found it."

Welcome to the forum. I am glad you have become a new creature and I hope we can help each other grow spiritually.

Originally posted by Nakitakona View Post
    Nakitakona which simply means "I have found it."
    What language is this?
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

That is our local dialect. I just combined it for It is in a form of a phrase, "Nakita Ko Na" which is similar to the famous expression of the great mathematician Archimedes who shouted "Eureka".
      Comment>

Whose dialect?
        Comment>

My nationality is a Filipino. In our country the Philippines, there are more than 175 languages and dialects. And ours is an Ilonggo dialect for we belong to the Western Visayas. And the actual or the mother of such dialect is Hiligaynon. It takes time to explain it to you.
          Comment>

Thank you and welcome to the forum.
            Comment>

Any significance concerning your avatar, the eye of Horus?
              Comment>

That is to signify that I have found this one, CF. That Egyptian Eye leads me to this as what my username so implies. Since I have been using this avatar to my other sites I have joined.
                Comment>

Hi Nakitakona, WELCOME TO CF :) I became a "new creature" in Christ in the 1980's as well, in fact, it will be 30 years ago this Wednesday, Nov 2nd, PTL. We're glad you found us and thanks for joining us!!

Yours and His,
                  David
                  Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
                  Comment>

Welcome friend in Christ and blessings upon you for spreading th ed word. Not an easy task where you live. May God be with you for every step you take.
                    Comment>

Ilonggo is one of the larger dialects, is it not? Certainly not a majority of the country, but many millions do speak it, correct?
                      Comment>

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                        Ilonggo is one of the larger dialects, is it not? Certainly not a majority of the country, but many millions do speak it, correct?
                        Ilonggo is one of the 175 dialects in our country and it is not widely used or spoken by our fellow Filipino. The language that is considered as the national spoken dialect is Tagalog or Pilipino. Anyone who could travel to more 7,000 islets and islands in our country could be readily understand if he speak Tagalog or Pilipino for it is the medium of instruction in all schools in the country.
                        Comment>

I knew Tagalog was essentially the national language, but I thought Ilonggo was bigger than it is. Evidently I was incorrect. I dated and almost married a filipina who spoke Tagalog quite well. I think her parents may also have spoken other dialects, but she herself did not. Maybe the reason I thought Ilonggo is bigger than it is is simply because the people I know happen to be speakers of that dialect (in addition to Tagalog)! Just a guess.
                          Comment>
                          Working...
                          X
                          Articles - News - SiteMap