We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

new here

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here

Hi. I'm not good at introducing myself, but I'm a Catholic-and-Congregationalist-influenced Episcopalian who lost faith for about 16 years, during which time I came to a belief in predestination; was called back to faith in the last few months and am now attending a Lutheran church instead of my old Episcopal one because it's closer to home. I am psychiatrically disabled (severe OCD) and I praise God for making me so, because disabled people remind everyone that people are valuable for who they are rather than what they can do.

Welcome almostgreta!

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Hello and welcome almostgreta
      Comment>

Hey Brother, I agree with your statement, "Exegesis precede theology", and just wish that it was always true. However, it seems just as true today that, "Eisegesis precedes theology", and that, unfortunately, among several of the churches that fall within the pale (though I am mostly thinking of one church in particular that seems particularly guilty this :().

May we never find ourselves doing likewise (even if unintended)!

Yours in Christ,
        David

"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God,
        a worker who does not need to be ashamed,
        rightly dividing the word of truth"

2 Timothy 2:15
        Last edited by David Lee; 09-11-2016, 04:25 PM.
        Matthew 5
        16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7
        12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 Corinthians 13
        1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Peter 3
        15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.
        Comment>

Hi A/G, I already welcomed you in your Open Theism thread, but thank you for your excellent introduction in this one :) I also love the reminder that we are valuable to Him because we are human "beings", not because we are human "doings" ;)

In Christ,
          David

"God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son,
          that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish,
          but have everlasting life"

John 3:16
          Last edited by David Lee; 09-11-2016, 05:35 PM.
          Matthew 5
          16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7
          12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 Corinthians 13
          1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Peter 3
          15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap