We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Sorry I just joined but now I see this isn't the site for me (Catholics in Disguise)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry I just joined but now I see this isn't the site for me (Catholics in Disguise)

I was hoping to find a Protestant forum and as this calls itself "The Protestant Community" I was concerned to click the "Belief" link at the top and find under:

"Doctrinal Statement": "And we believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church."
    "Apostles Creed": "I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church,"
    "Athanasian Creed": "This is the catholic faith, which except a man believe faithfully he cannot be saved."

Three strikes and you're out.

Have fun with the vain repetitions, eating Jesus crackers, praying to the sinner Mary, revering your "holy father", and burning in hell for all eternity. I'm off to find some real Christians.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Guess he didn't understand what the true meaning of the word 'catholic' is?
    Comment>

A word that isn't in the book of life. I understand that the catholic church is the mother of harlots and abominations of the world.
      Comment>

Originally posted by MichaelFromEngland View Post
        A word that isn't in the book of life. I understand that the catholic church is the mother of harlots and abominations of the world.
        The only words found in the book of life are people's names so of course catholic is not in the Book of Life. Catholic does not mean Roman Catholic Church it means Universal.
        Comment>

I'm off to find some real Christians.
          There are plenty of real Christians on this site. I suggest that you read some of the posts before you decide to leave.
          Clyde Herrin's Blog
          Comment>

Goodbye MichaelFromEngland. Don't call us, we'll call you.

Comment>

Good heavens, someone has a bee in his bonnet over Catholics. I'm afraid that he has a problem if he expects to find only protestant Christians on a Christian forum site. Granted, this place is called The Protestant Community, but I can't see any Christian site keeping out a large portion of the Christian community. I don't know if Catholics make up the largest portion of the community or not here in the U.S., but in a lot of different countries... they do. For instance, if I'm not mistaken, in the Philippines there is a huge Christian population... constructed almost entirely of Catholics. I don't agree with everything the Catholic church teaches either, but I'm not going to be up in arms over it or run for the hills at the mere sight of Catholicism. And the suggestion that Catholics aren't REAL Christians? Wow... someone needs to eat a little piece of humble pie here. We are ALL sinners, saved by Grace, and there are Christians in every church. There are also NON-Christians in every church. When we all get to Heaven we will likely be quite surprised when we see who is there and who is not. Speaking as someone who once met up with this sort of anti-Catholic bigotry in person, (and I'm not even Catholic) I would never treat another child of God in such a way. ALL of our churches and belief systems contain mistakes. None of our churches are perfectly following the will of God. The reason?... We are human and humans make mistakes. I don't know if this guy is still here or not, but I'm going to finish this rant regardless, in case someone else comes along who needs to see it. Our faith is one of love, not hate and we need to come at each other with compassion and loving, rather than bigotry and hatred. When we meet up with someone whose beliefs are different from ours we are not meant to just run away, or put up our dukes and fight. We are meant to teach... and even learn. We are meant to spread the gospel of Christ, not attack at the slightest imagined provocation. Okay. Rant over. God bless.
              Comment>

Clearly this site is an insidious attempt by Catholics to lure Protestants back under their "universal" umbrella in a counter-reformation style - where they masquerade as Protestants on the surface and Catholics underneath. Is it bad to warn against this kind of deception that will lead souls to hell?

You must really hate the Holy Bible Novelangel if you think I'm saying 'anti-Catholic bigotry' because that is where we get it from.

That's why Catholics obscured the Bible for 1000 years and burned people like Tyndale at the stake for translating it and owning translations that they could read.

Catholics are the worst persecutors of Christians in human history, the pope is antichrist and any believer who studies (I.e. Revelation 17 & 18) will know this fact and come out of Catholicism.
                Comment>

Clearly this site is an insidious attempt by Catholics to lure Protestants back under their "universal" umbrella in a counter-reformation style - where they masquerade as Protestants on the surface and Catholics underneath. Is it bad to warn against this kind of deception that will lead souls to hell?

You must really hate the Holy Bible Novelangel if you think I'm saying 'anti-Catholic bigotry' because that is where we get it from.

That's why Catholics obscured the Bible for 1000 years and burned people like Tyndale at the stake for translating it and owning translations that they could read.

Catholics are the worst persecutors of Christians in human history, the pope is antichrist and any believer who studies (I.e. Revelation 17 & 18) will know this fact and come out of Catholicism.
                  I think you need to go see a doctor and get some medication for those two noids you've developed.
                  Comment>

I guarantee you'll regret every word you said when you become educated in Christianity:

Got Questions: Nicene Creed

Got Questions: Catholic Meaning and Definition
                    Comment>

Every word? Even that of what Catholics did to Tyndale and other Christians for rejecting Catholic heresy? I believe in sola scriptura so if you're going to argue please use scripture (KJV: Ecclesiastes 8:4 Where the word of a king is, there is power) and don't come at me with what some pope has said in the past or any unbiblical oaths, I trust God not men. Here are some verses to contemplate:

Jeremiah 7:18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.

Jeremiah 44:25 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, saying; Ye and your wives have both spoken with your mouths, and fulfilled with your hand, saying, We will surely perform our vows that we have vowed, to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her: ye will surely accomplish your vows, and surely perform your vows.

Ezekiel 23:37 That they have committed adultery, and blood is in their hands, and with their idols have they committed adultery,

1 Chronicles 5:25 And they transgressed against the God of their fathers, and went a whoring after the gods of the people of the land, whom God destroyed before them.

John 2:4 Jesus saith unto her [Mary], Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.

Mark 3:35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Revelation 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

4And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Revelation 18:4And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. (Gen. 11:1-9)

6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

12 The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,

13 And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men. (John 2:16)

14 And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.

15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,

16 And saying, Alas, alas that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all. (Mark 9:42)

Revelation 19:2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

3 And again they said, Alleluia And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
                      Comment>

Originally posted by Novelangel View Post
                        Our faith is one of love
                        Love is important but so is truth. We are commanded to speak the truth in love, and emphasizing either truth or love at the expense of the other is disastrous. The Bible commands us to love one another but it also warns about false teachers who lead believers astray and the Catholic Church is run by some of these false teachers. Here is a good place to find out about some of the Catholic Church's teachings. Roman Catholicism | carm

Catholics are the worst persecutors of Christians in human history
                        Even worse than ISIS?
                        Clyde Herrin's Blog
                        Comment>

Every word? Even that of what Catholics did to Tyndale and other Christians for rejecting Catholic heresy? I believe in sola scriptura so if you're going to argue please use scripture (KJV: Ecclesiastes 8:4 Where the word of a king is, there is power) and don't come at me with what some pope has said in the past or any unbiblical oaths, I trust God not men. Here are some verses to contemplate:
                          What part of this do you not get? We are not Catholic as in Roman Catholic, though there are a few members here in this forum that belong to various Catholic rites. The majority of us are Protestants, and I am specifically a Reformed Presbyterian. The use of "catholic" in the Nicene, Apostles, and Athanasian Creed refers to the "Universal" Church. These Creeds are what all Protestant denominations have in common, they agree upon these central truths making them Christian. I am more inclined to believe that your rejection of the Creed(s) is symptomatic of ignorance or being in a Sect or Cult.

You say that these are unbiblical oaths or professions, then you quote Scripture. Fine, parrot Scripture by copying and pasting them, even a copy press can do the same thing, and never try to convey what they mean or the essentials of Christianity, because once you do that you are held accountable for not only your interpretation but profession, and it will reveal how little you understand about the Scriptures, Creeds, or your misalignment to the Christian faith. Once you try to explain any of these you are by yourself essentially professing a creed.

William
                          Comment>

Theophilus, even worse than ISIS which has been around for under a decade and doesn't have 1% of the kill count of Catholicism. I suggest you study what Catholics did for 1000 years to countless Christians who would not heed to their doctrines. Please give me beheading over the cruellest torture techniques ever devised by the Inquisition.

William, those creeds were devised by Catholics and for Catholics and there is nothing Christian about them. Constantine used Christianity to consolidate his power, similar to Hitler using Christianity to win election. When I use Catholic I am speaking of course of the modern vernacular of what it is to be a Catholic. If you want to avoid confusion I can use the term Romanist if you like, it serves as a reminder that the doctrine of the Catholic church dates back to Roman pagan religions pre-dating Christ all the way to Egypt and Babylon. The many churches that believers are all part of being one is this: they are all built with Christ as the foundation rock, not doctrines of men.

What's with the personal attacks and dismissive presumption of ignorance, lacking understanding, or being in a cult? Have I said anything wrong? If so please clarify with scripture. I selected the most relevant to my point, and plenty too to show I am not just cherry-picking but taking the whole context of the Bible. Catholicism is the cult of popery. Do you accept that Romanism, the "Mother Church" is the "Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth"? If not, why- do you have a better candidate?
                            Comment>

MichaelFromEngland, while there are some catholics on this site it was in fact founded by a member of the Orthodox Presbyterian Church, which is a part of the overall Protestant church. Many of the Protestant churches have adopted many of the creeds that were first penned by the Catholic church, but we are markedly different from that when it comes to Theology and sound Doctrines. Try perusing the Westminster Confession, along with the Westminster Catechism.

By the way, the word "catholic" literally means "universal." It does not, necessarily refer to the Roman Catholic church.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap